3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
m
maks[stalkerok] 04.11.20 07:12 pm

Is it worth creating a remaster? (S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl)

One day I had an idea: why don't I create a remaster of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl? Hmm, great idea- I thought. Is it worth creating a remaster of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl? Write your opinion in the comments. Those who want to help write in private messages. In general, you probably understand the essence. It's a poll. Just write yes or no. If you wish, you can make arguments (optional)
33 Comments
Sort by:
I
InboxM 04.11.20

maks[stalkerok]
I write in my opinion. Of course not. And now the question.... How do you want to create a remaster? You're going to get your mods and call it a remaster?
One is already trying to make a remake on UE 4.

m
maks[stalkerok] 04.11.20

InboxM
In general, will use their own developments, and even if you have to borrow the work, the authors of the original modifications will be mentioned in the description. In general, the main goal - to use ONLY their own work, not to do banal repainting of textures in the peer, and try to fit the new content in the framework of the original game. If the new content does not fit into the canons of Stalker, then it is removed. It is planned to improve the game both graphically and gameplay. That is, to add gameplay features that simultaneously fit into the game, and were able to surprise seasoned players. And of course to tighten up the schedule. And fix the bugs of the original game, while not creating new ones.

I
InboxM 04.11.20

maks[stalkerok]
Nonsense. It's not a remaster, it's a sock. You'd drop this case. Not now, you'll leave later. And if you make such plans, first you would work for something, then show, or ask the opinions of others. And the wrong forum is for such topics.

K
KIBERMAX 04.11.20

maks[stalkerok]
Oda, how many more will be riveting these remasters, in many resources, already lie all sorts of packs of graphic fashion, there is nowhere to improve, and there are unofficial patches that correct the bugs of the game one example of ogsr engine or an unofficial patch from the author of the lvg_brest, remasters already abound, every pancake year one and the same.

M
Milos_Kostya 05.11.20

Who only did not do these remasters.

A
And1971 05.11.20

No

O
Ozverin 05.11.20

do not take on impossible tasks without having a budget, a team and serious experience.
It is better to do something modest, but your own, on what you can earn.
Pi promote the product as "Spiritual Heir stalker", peel your own, similar assists, make the product budget, in the spirit of indie-development. But take the time to something authorial that can shoot if your hands grow well. (and if not - what the is remaster?)
Shorter... Why work for Grigorovich's glory? (to then go to his work?)
you can try to become someone as well as yourself.

But if the goal of "remaster" is not to make a game, and to go to friends, unwind you-ute channel or eventually get a job in gamedev - then for God's sake. But why ask for an opinion?)

P
Pilat. 05.11.20

Naturally!

L
Leshiy116rus 05.11.20

If it turns out at all))

j
jestons 05.11.20

one mean, stupid

V
VETER15 06.11.20

maks[stalkerok]
if I am sure that the remaster of your work will not be silenced by the rights holders, and is ready to spend time and nerves, only then...

l
lokkie 06.11.20

Do you think the first person to think of this? ))
Only others have already done, or rather tried. Twisted Dx11, OpenGL, pictures in 4K. But.. all these insinuations invariably rested on the dvigun. If it was possible, it would have been done long ago. So, if anyone will make a remaster, it is the PYSH itself, on the new engine. )

M
Morgan Yu 06.11.20

A good remake is needed on the new engine. Remaster does not rest at all, already there is a bunch of mods, you will not surprise anyone, unless of course you modify the engine to some X-Ray 6.0 where there will be a cool graphon, physics, etc.

S
Savok179 06.11.20

You can't do one. You'll drop it in a couple of months.

_
_Haron 06.11.20

Do you want me to go to you a rimsir?
Do you have experience, time, desire, team, etc.
TAGDA DON'T BE RIMISTIRA ((((

M
Mimizu 06.11.20

I'm looking forward to an official remake or remaster series from GSC in the near future.

D
DoK2020 06.11.20

Mimizu
You think they'll do. The original is not particularly outdated in terms of graphics, and with mods and generally keeps a beard)

D
DoK2020 06.11.20

As for the topic of the forum, again what is the point of doing something new, already made a bunch of mods on the graphics and more. It is only possible to update the list of references of houses, trees and other static objects, and just a seamless zone to do that is quite real but it is difficult, I already have developments on this topic, even can snuggle up can but hz whether I will finish it if soon a new part, the question is debatable ...

l
lokkie 06.11.20

DoK2020 wrote:
The original is not yet very outdated in terms of graphics
Pretty much out of date, especially the range of rendering, and even in the AP it is quite terrible. Animation again. And in general. Maybe after the release of Stalker 2 will think about such a prospect. On the other hand, if they have plans to continue the stalker to do, then like to and not too necessary. )

s
saa0891 06.11.20

maks'stalkerok" wrote:
One day I had an idea: why don't I create a remaster of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl? Hmm, great idea- I thought.
If everything was so simple it would have long been created, although so there is a huge number of mods that pull up including graphone, not to mention a ton of original mechanics, features and chips that add to the game, moreover, a bunch of mods with its plot and quests.

What was the point of asking, if you can take and do, your work will appreciate as well as a huge number of global mods.