3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
R
Reverrius 19.11.20 03:56 am

Cult movies that don't catch you

Which of the well-recognized cult films and other films that have received high ratings of film critics, you were not impressed?
29 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ruyder 19.11.20

It happens so often, by the way. I was not impressed by Kubrick's cosmic odyssey, although there is something in it, I must admit.

u
unknown321 19.11.20

star wars

S
Spider Jerusalem 19.11.20

interstellar

A
AR3E 19.11.20

Not impressive many movies, with the top 250 Movie Search, for example, immediately fly out: 1/1, Diamond Hand, American History X, Island of the Damned, Gentlemen of Fortune, Beastpolis, etc.

M
Mark Muller 19.11.20

I didn't like Blade Runner very much, although the film is not bad in general. I didn't like Jarmusch's "Dead Man" at all. Above they wrote about Kubrick, but from his films did not come "The Shining" and "With eyes wide closed." The Highlander doesn't like it at all. Here, some remembered.

T
T.T.G 19.11.20

Modern action movies and superhero movies. I really doubt whether they can be called cult.

U
Uilenspiegel 19.11.20

Interstellar. I don't like many movies, but only this one disappointed me. I didn't lose all my faith in cinema then. Only in half a year risked to watch movies will return.

P
PCHalfFullHD 19.11.20

"Space Odyssey," "The Shining" and, in particular, "The Shawshank Redemption," which in some incomprehensible way to me for some reason inhabits the tops that "us" that "them" have.

T
T.T.G 19.11.20

Shawshank Redemption
He's secondary after escaping from Alcatraz.

R
Reverrius 19.11.20

I also have a lot of such films, but I will try to remember, both among the classics, and among just caressed by critics and viewers of films. Please don't burn. ;)

A Nightmare on Elm Street
I never understood the popularity of this franchise. At the same time, in my opinion old-school horrors are in many ways better than most modern ones.

Misery
Thriller based on the book by Stephen King. Although beat on the legs, but the tension and interest arises only the last minutes of 15-20. With That Kathy Bates is playing well, but James Caan is clearly not in his role-playing plate.

Knockin' on Heaven's Door
The main plot is ruined, imho, criminal and comedic elements. Perhaps the reason is that I am not a fan of such elements in principle. Or maybe the reason is my love for the Japanese novel Narcissu, which I in no way compare with this film, but which touches to the core of the soul similar plot points.

Requiem for a Dream
The film from which my friends and ilass boiling water, while on me it did not make a proper impression. Perhaps because the subject of the film itself, unlike those of my friends - was never close to me IRL.

Intouchables
Okay, a pretty good French movie... dramatic, or rather tragicomic content. And that's it. After some friends buzzed my ears with their "Look!" - expecting something more. Revelations received, as did the special interest during the viewing.

Inception
That's how much I love the theme of dreams and lucid dreams, but Christopher Nolan's "The Beginning" was in many ways disappointing and beyond a couple of moments is not remembered. But with such and such an idea, it was possible to shoot a deep psychological thriller.

The Dark Knight Rises
After the yearly first two parts of Nolan's Batman trilogy, the third film caused wild disappointment. Looked through force.

Gone Girl
I love David Fincher's movies, but Gone Girl to my taste came out too long, tedious.

The Village
Frankly boring film, in which little happens, and what happens in the end does not cause any special emotions. M. Knight Shyamalan has suitable films, there are weak ones. The Village, in my opinion, with all the potential, is an example of the second.

Mystic River
Clint Eastwood's film. The acting is good, the plot is not bad, but after watching there is a feeling of dissatisfaction. Why? You just expect a deeper meaning from him.

Harry Potter by David Eths is the first part.
The first part of Chris Columbus - not so much a full film, as a tour-introduction to the universe, invented by J. K. Rowling. And the parts filmed by director David Yets do not cause interest in viewing even in the quality of "teen fantasy." Although "merit" in this is not only Yets, but also Rowling herself.

Warcraft
For so long sawed cartoon film and in the end came a graphonist miracle in which, except for Travis Fimmel, but cartoon Gul'dan to look at nothing else. Oh, well, I'm just not a fapper on the RTS series and WoW-chik, so I can rate the movie without swaddling fan eyes.

That's enough for now.

T
Tatarin2 19.11.20

I don't have many of them, I don't like movies, sometimes I watch games, so I don't like the movie and the movie "Running Man". Troy so stand the current for the first half of an hour, and then already scores on the full shutdown.

M
MunchkiN 616 19.11.20

that didn't impress and was merged that was forgotten
Well, for example, a cult film - the generals of sand pits did not impress me because I am a schoolboy waxing
Tarkovsky's plug though and the work of the operator is good but it's not like a mass kinzo
Perfect nivpy films like Avengers there are transformers current graphene if.
The bootmans are feathered - I was told by the pomoris of the bootmans of the 90's. but it's more of a tale that deep game movies I just don't like here.
separately you can remember the filmmakers who blew me a fart this kind of avatar.
I don't have enough movies, I'm pretty smoor that's why it's pretty hard for me to judge them.

I
ILGUBAS 19.11.20

Reverrius
Since when did the varik become a cult?

g
gmh4589 19.11.20

Running man (even before he saw the film, read the book, very snout, and the film is interesting only in visual style, shot somehow messy, and many important aspects touched in the book, there is no sign at all), Saw (everyone says there is an eerily unexpected end, but on me it looks more like the transmission of the channel RenTV, begin to tell, for example, about some tank, and to the end of it turns out that's the fault of all the aliens, the end of The Pile is certainly unexpected, but somehow they stick overstepped with surprise, the ideal of an unexpected end for me the Sixth Sense, there the whole movie practically got us nose poking into what the main character .... "I won't write, suddenly read by someone who hasn't watched this movie", when re-watching it becomes noticeable), Big Lebowski (I don't understand what imbecile called this film cult, the adventures of some concerned down, it's certainly a "masterpiece", the only thing that saves the film is a good work of the cameraman), The Shining (Stanley Kubrick; a later film adaptation is much better, and this one is so bad, and this one is so bad. so that all sorts of Kubricks did not go tossing his novels), the Dark Knight (I like Tim Burton's Batman much more, and in the new made stupid action movie, replace in it Batman with a cool cop, the essence does not change at all, do not understand why these films immediately after the release of the cult), Dune David Lynch (also do not know, than this was the name of this film, rather than the fame of this film I haven't read the book, but the fans of the book from this film almost puke in the open; I can't even explain why this film is bad, and the director is kind of not without talent, his Twin Peaks really like, well, he's very strange).
PS: Many people have written about "Interstellar", the film, of course, not very much, but since when did it become a cult? It certainly will not be even in the future, in a few years no one will even remember about it. Yet this film can be compared to the recent "Gravity", a lot of noise, a bag of Oscars, but the film is really just a pshik, advertised, caressed by critics, but a pshik.

G
Get Ohotnik 19.11.20

Blade runner. Completely unimpressed with his plot, although Harrison Ford and the main "villain" played there to the fullest. But the style and atmosphere really liked. Waiting for the sequel, BPL 2 at the end of 2017 kind of has to come out

k
kc5 19.11.20

Dramas, melodramas, musicals, author's movies, anime, 99% of Russian films, all American cartoons like South Park, Griffins, etc. and all the other "not mine" genres.

R
Reverrius 19.11.20

ILGUBAS
Where did I write that he was "cult"? Or maybe you didn't read the title post well? This topic discusses all films that have received high ratings from critics and the majority of viewers.

I
ILGUBAS 19.11.20

Reverrius
Well good... Among the critics (in the West) he was just, and the audience... Well, it's not that he was praised.

A
Anzhelika04 19.11.20

I don't know about the cult, but I didn't like the pop avatar.

J
John Smith_18_ 19.11.20

Interstellar - Snotty, Unintelligent, Matthew McConaughey