3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20 10:24 am

Choosing a graphics card up to 40,000 rubles for an unfussy player.

Good afternoon folks, I have a number of questions about choosing a graphics card, exactly what graphics card to take, whether my power supply will fit to it, and whether my processor will take it out. The text will be a lot, the short is not mine.

In 2014, I assembled a PC with this configuration:
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.00Hz
Mother Asus Maximus VII Ranger
16GB KINGSTON HyperX
MSI GTX970 4Gb
Power supply 650 watts gold

To begin with, a slight retreat.
On such an assembly I play to this day, nothing changed, from the last demanding games in which I played, was RDR2 - I played it on high graphics settings, where there even ultra chopped, type of texture, effects there ... medium settings put, but not much, such as shadows, reflections. It is clear that the smoothing minimal made that the stairs could not be seen, but did not completely remove it.
I played in the resolution maximum for my monitor - it's 1920 x 1080. To be honest, I didn't measure the FPS, but I think 25 to 30 maximum, well, for example, jumping on a horse I could easily hit the head of a bandit who jumps parallel to me. I don't know how, but I was comfortable playing like that, I went through the whole game like that.
In general, I score a bolt on all these "for a comfortable game you need at least 60 FPS" - I don't care about it. I know for a fact that when I launched "Deus Ex: Mankind Divided" and put everything on the ultra, and when my FPS fell below 25 frames (measured fraps), that's when I could not play comfortably, but when I played with the settings, and put them so that FPS was 30 frames, I personally was comfortable to play so. Below 30 frames do not go down, and I norm, I do not worry about it.

This retreat was in order to be able to understand my requirements - I'm not fussy about the number of frames per second, and above the resolution of 1920 x 1080 I will not rise at all, not even watch the new monitor which above the resolution holds, me and so normal.

And now I'm thinking about what graphics card I choose to continue to play in the resolution 1920 x 1080 not less than 30 FPS.
I live in Yekaterinburg, based on what we have shops and choice (delivery from other regions is unacceptable, only "live" goods and payment after receiving and checking packaging for integrity), I stopped on the graphics cards:
MSI NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 SUPER GAMING X, 8Gb GDDR6, 256bit - costs 42,800 rubles is the maximum for money, above the budget, I can't finish it even higher.

I was also advised to consider GRAPHICS cards from AMD as an alternative
ASUS AMD Radeon RX 5600XT ROG STRIX T6G GAMING, 6Gb GDDR6, 192bit - costs 38900
GIGABYTE AMD Radeon RX 580 GAMING, 8Gb DDR5, 256bit - costs generally 28100 (confused by a small price, although the memory is more than the option above).
Looked at the store E2E4 (not advertising, so people know from where I take the price).
But I'm more inclined to the video card from NVIDIA, on the Radeons I sat for a long time, and heard just there with the drivers of gemmore, and in general NVIDIA for games will be better - long sit on them, there are no problems from the word at all.
Someone advises to wait at all for 3000 series cheaper and take whatever be from that line, but as for me, until the 3000 series falls to an acceptable price for me, will be 4000 series, so endlessly you can wait, and you want to play beautifully now, and not later.
And I do not chase RTX effects, I am the main thing that Cyberpunk 2077 on high went well, and for a couple of years it was possible to play quietly, as my GTX970 is already losing ground. Well, that the new graphics card was compatible with my processor, and the power supply pulled it out, so that nothing else had to buy, pure see-to-change and that's it.
41 Comments
Sort by:
d
dobro4insky 01.12.20

All this is clear.... Only in our time to change the map, and even on the notoriously outdated ... Wait 3060/3070,should appear by the new year....

P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20

dobro4insky
Do I have a 3060/3070 power supply?

t
tsa_va 01.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Your choice of 3070, for long and no problem, period. If you don't want to wait for prices to settle, take 2070c. The block will pull, the tdc even more so.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 01.12.20

Podvipodvertov wrote:
Watched in the E2E4 store
I haven't bought anything in this ball for a long time. There's the price of space.
If not a fussy player, then take 3070

S
Setesh 01.12.20

https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/e08d29fb01453332/videokarta-palit-geforce-rtx-2070-super-gp-bulk-ne6207s019p2-186t/
Exactly forty and is on sale

s
sgtghost 01.12.20

I wonder where - this author will find rtx 3070 for 40k tubriqes based on tips. Imho, for this is not the first freshness of the platform, and even more so if in the future there are no plans to upgrade - above 2060s- 2070, 3060 especially sense to take no. For at 1080p with this processor and old memory card level 2080 and over - won't give out maximum performance in most modern games, from my experience saying.

M
Marsj 01.12.20

Podvipodvertov wrote:
RX 580 GAMING, 8Gb DDR5, 256bit - costs generally 28100 (confused by a small price, although the memory is more than the option above)
A year ago, the PowerColor rx 580 8Gb was twice as cheap and enough for 1080p.

P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20

sgtghost
How does this happen when the graphics card "rests" in the percent? It's like a sports car can't drive fast on a country road, even though it has the potential for speed?
How do I determine which processor starts the full impact of the graphics card?

S
Subaru MotorSports 01.12.20

Podvipodvertov
Processor/video card matching tables, choose the processor.
https://www.dxdigitals.info/2017/04/podbor-videokarti-pod-processor.html

https://gamegpu.com/%D1%81%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%BD%D0%B0%D1%8F-%D0%B8%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%85%D0%B8%D1%8F-%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82/tablitsa-sootvetstviya-videokart-k-cpu

P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20

Subaru MotorSports
At the first link of yours, when I type my i7 4790K processor, I have a maximum GTX 1060.

On the second link I did not find my processor, but found the i7 4770K, and I have i7 4790K - which I considered almost identical, there's RTX 2070, RTX 2060 Super it gives out - who to believe?

But the only thing I realized was that it didn't make sense for me to take an RTX 3000 graphics card for sure, I just read more about compatibility now.
But I think still RTX 2070 or 2060 Super should overpower.

V
Vaipen 01.12.20

In short, dude, take a new box and don't sweat.

P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20

VOVAN WOLFovich
It turns out that you can safely even RTX 3000 series to take, put and play without problems?

P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20

Vaipen
In M.Video watched the price - 45K rubles is worth, games still from 5K. No, I'd rather change the seer and continue to play quietly.

D
DamirFelix 01.12.20

Take the GTX 1660 Ti, that's enough.

P
Podvipodvertov 01.12.20

VOVAN WOLFovich
I agree. Probably it is necessary to do so, not to change everything at once (if there is a possibility then why not?), and partly, with the replacement of weak links, gradually.
Vidyha --- the processor is the mother of the --- --- ---....

S
Subaru MotorSports 01.12.20

Vaipen
I support myself, I think to take the Xbox Series S for 26,999 xbox Game Pass subscription and no longer deal with computer upgrades.

l
legusor 01.12.20

AMD never take under any circumstances, that's all.

M
MunchkiN 616 01.12.20

Podvipodvertov
How do I determine which processor starts the full impact of the graphics card?
CPU disclosure cultists believe that the card should fall 100% according to the evidence of which tuner afterburer
From a practical point of view you can determine with one fps account it is to put the target resolution and then the most insignificant resolution of the screen for example 720p . if the low resolution and those settings give some meaningful simple example was 20 fps became 30-40 then as if that processor is not a bottleneck of the system and you can make the graphics card stronger. if nothing much change, then as if that processor in the trash means for example there is some amd fh 4hh and 3090rch in fullh.
and so it all depends on the igor and permission. formally, it can be considered that for the unfussy gamer ceiling both among the boo and new maps in this range does not exist. because that 2 can be fed any seeth and for good it will be not enough.
16GB is also unlikely to pose any problems for playing games in the coming year. It may be only that the total brews of all sorts and the latest assassins of vuchdgs may have some hitch with the processor but it will take everything out in 30fts in ultrat.

I just read more about compatibility now.
About compatibility nothing particularly know Express 4.0 back is compatible with 3.0 if there will be any loss of performance then most likely it will be either in ultra high resolution or in high phps. I haven't heard of a map like that.

g
gennaz 01.12.20

Podvipodvertov
RTX doesn't drag.
Spoiler

Spoiler
But the prices of the nvidia are very dragged.
Spoiler

Spoiler

F
Fioletovyy zhiraf 01.12.20

The i7 4790K can be a weak link in some games. But more often graphics card, of course.

You will have enough gtX 1660 Super. In terms of performance, it is on average 4% inferior to the GTX 1660 Ti, sometimes goes level with it, but in general looks quite decent at a lower price. The cost of 21 to 25 thousand rubles series 16's is not outdated, as it may seem by name. It came out even later than the RTX 20x, and its main difference is the lack of ray tracing. What increase you get compared to the GTX 970, it is difficult to say, because few people tested 4 generations of graphics cards simultaneously (9x, 10x, 16x, 20x). I only found a composite table of three generations - https://gamegpu.com/test-video-cards/podvedenie-itogov-po-igrovym-resheniyam-2019-goda. Therefore, it would be reasonable to wait for the release of "Cyberpunk", see the results of GTX 1660 Super in this game, and then make a decision.

RX 580 is morally and technically obsolete, but the game is still dragging. Its main advantage is 8GB of memory. But I wouldn't recommend buying it now.

Also, since the computer was assembled 6 years ago, it is advisable to change the thermopast on the processor (could dry). And the graphics card also requires maintenance.