3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
I
InboxM 03.12.20 02:15 am

Max. GPU frequency and memory in simple.

It all started 1.5 months ago, the comp went to BSOD, the error code referred to the failure of video-drivers, but for what reason is not known for sure. And so several times. He went on to find that for some reason, the frequency of GPU and memory works to max. in a simple, while the graphics card was not downloaded. I thought I'd catch the miner, just demolished the Windows, cleaned up everything possible. After reinstalling Windows, the problem disappeared. Just a week ago, it all started to happen, except for BSOD (most likely the problem was immediately after the installation of Windows, but I did not know about it). I turn on the computer, do not run other applications and programs, do not use it for about 5 minutes, run MSI Afterburner, watch the max frequency of the kernel and memory, but the download of the map remains 0 .Task Manager tells me nothing. We were able to find out through the GPU that a certain Video Engine Load option is 100% loaded. To tell the truth, what is this setting, I have no idea. The overall problem is fixed by rebooting the comp, but at a certain time it appears again and again, and mostly when I turn on the comp. In addition, I've done my best, starting from switching power modes to reinstalling drivers. Nothing helps. Rather interestingly it became, what is the root of the problem. Either it's a cunning miner, or a shoal of firewood.
Do you have any idea, do those people know more about it?
17 Comments
Sort by:
I
InboxM 03.12.20

Ryazancev
Do you think any virus can be found and removed? Wrote that changed Windows, with what not just changed, formatted and SSD and hard.

I
InboxM 03.12.20

Ryazancev
That's understandable. And it's kind of weird.
Video Engine Load, what is it?

l
legusor 03.12.20

video engine load is the degree of employment of hardware acceleration while playing video. the option indicates the degree to which your graphics card processor is loaded. if what you're writing is true, the graphics card thinks it's processing the current decoding of the video.
it's an interesting problem.
I've encountered two different problems on Windows 10 to fully upload a video video video in a simple way. In the first case (nvidia, windows 10 1809 LTSC) helped by the combination of "adaptive" power management mode in the video-driver settings plus the standard "balanced" power supply scheme.
in the second case (nvidia, windows 10 pro consumer 1909) helped kill the "dwm window manager" system and the concomitant cutting out of the hardware visualization system (minimum knowledge in the S'L plus the skills of working with the registry and system files of the windows), which led to the disabling of all visual effects of the desktop, the inability to trigger contextual menus of program icons from the task bar, and the disconnection of the vs.
I believe that the culprit is some kind of running process in the system. I advise you to use the process explorer program, where you can see what and how the graphics card loads. when you open the program right kn. click on tabs and select "select columns" where "process gpu" tabs "gpu usage" tab. so you will see all the processes that eat from the graphics card and the degree of their download, and from there it will be easier to Google.
P.S. advice above about the lack of energy consumption when working iron at maximum frequency without load - nonsense. Increasing frequencies even in full plain equals increased energy consumption.

I
InboxM 03.12.20

legusor
I'm writing right. Process Explorer will try, as it will be time, thank you.
Is it possible that this brazen miner is naughty?

l
legusor 03.12.20

InboxM
if the miner is naughty, the virus processes themselves can be automatically shut down if the user tries to open a task manager, process explorer, process monitor resource monitor, etc. there are such miners who mask themselves in this way.
the same resource monitor that can be called through a task manager has a useful function of tracking processes unloaded from memory. i.e. if for a while, even a second, the windows resource monitor manages to notice the process activity, but the miner passed out for camouflage, it will be tracked. similar to the process explorer.
You can still see the following ways for yourself:
c:program data
c:program files
c:program files x86
c:windowstemp
c:users%username%appdatalocal
c:users%username%appdatalocaltemp
c:users%username%appdatalocalLow
c:users%username%appdataRoaming
In the case of the tracks
c:windowstemp
c:users%username%appdatalocaltemp
you can just delete everything altogether.
you can still search for bugs through "event review" computer management. it is possible that you will find some info with a suspicious process, and then - in Google.
you can also run in a safe mode and see if there is a problem. You can do this through msconfig-download, tick "safe mode" (you don't need to forget to disable).
look at the auto-start through msconfig or task manager and see the "job planner" snap (taskschd.msc). there may be suspicious applications or tasks to run, which is often the case with different viruses. in the job planner, open the "job planner library" window and look there. you don't need to open other squimps inside.
P.S. can download the latest version of the dr.web cureit and run it from the administrator, downloading in safe mode.

I
InboxM 03.12.20

legusor
Thanks for the help, antivirus first scanned. But the sense of zero, either all is well, or not one of the antiviruses can not find the trash, if it is at all. Honestly I don't know how the miner works. Shouldn't the GPU be downloaded at 99-100%.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.12.20

InboxM
InboxM wrote:
Do you have any idea, do those people know more about it?
I noticed this stuff about 4 years ago on the old GTX570 in MSI Afterbuner: the frequency map worked at full.

I
InboxM 03.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
Already decided, it looks like the driver from one place elongated. I brought old ones through DDU, rolled up today's. I'm not seeing the problem yet.
P. S It's pretty strange that of old wood, the map has become a brick. The GTX 5XX series itself is not a good idea.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.12.20

InboxM
Well, it happened just when the wood change.

I
InboxM 03.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
I think she's got the time. From 2013-2020, just think about it...

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.12.20

InboxM
She worked periodically, not all 7 years. The last screen was filmed on 22.02.2020:
Spoiler

I
InboxM 03.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
7 years for the rule map. You could say that lucky depends on how to rape.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.12.20

InboxM
From a friend bought for 5000:
Spoiler
"Raped" in different ways, but she was misbehaving

I
InboxM 03.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
Imho. Series 5h not quite successful, the chip was taken away, mainly in older models.

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.12.20

InboxM
I believe.
But here's the work of frequencies at full I remember exactly, and the load in the GPU-z was in 1%

R
Ryazancev 03.12.20

Denis Kyokushin
It's weird that you played with those temperatures. Probably faith did not allow to change the thermointerface!?

D
Denis Kyokushin 03.12.20

Ryazancev
Yes with normal temperatures I played, and in a small acceleration:
Spoiler
And on that screen default on both frequencies and the promotion of the valve
And by the way about the replacement of the thermointerface: the only card that I have not opened for 4 years, it is XFX4890, because it could not do it. Far Cry 3, by the way, good cards fry