3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
_
_Lemon_ 17.12.20 05:05 am

Crashes on startup v.2 (Cyberpunk 2077)

Past topic - https://forums.playground.ru/cyberpunk_2077/tech/vyletaet_pri_zapuske-997674/
143 Comments
Sort by:
P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

In general, I looked wherever possible, everyone writes that only Judy can be reached

C
CreMat0ry 17.12.20

Download avx check fix from nexus and try

K
KdeJustus 17.12.20

Guys, sing and rejoice. There is a solution that disables AVX in all moments or not, I don't know, but I dug up on the English-speaking forum of the SDPR. Apparently the guy is a coder and advised to do the following:
Game crashing on old CPUs: possible fix
If you happen to have an old CPU you maybe having this crash:
Expression: EXCEPTION_ILLEGAL_INSTRUCTION (0xC000001D)
The game is trying to use a feature you don't have: AVX.
At the beginning playing corpo when you sit it crashes. A possible temporal solution while they fix this issue is to remove this part of code:
Edit Cyberpunk2077.exe with a hexadecimal editor and search for
554881ECA00000000F2970E8
Change the first byte to C3 (return from the function):
C34881ECA00000000F2970E8
Please note this fix is ​​extremely simplistic and naïve. Moreover, it could crash the game later. This change seems to fix this crash and you can continue playing the game. I have only tested a few minutes more.
FAQ: Why are they using AVX?
They are not doing it on purpose, it is probably the default configuration of the compiler.
Although it says about the moment at the beginning, but lo and behold! I just skipped the moment with a breakout on a braindance. I downloaded the Hex Editor and opened the file, made a search in the hexadecimal system for these numbers, I had the numbers that needed to be replaced at the end of the line (I don’t know if this matters) and saving, I now continued!

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

Yes I saw. But I really better not spoil the impressions of the raw version and dance, but I will enjoy it after the patch, and so I waited 7 months, I will suffer for another week

C
CreMat0ry 17.12.20

KdeJustus
This fix is ​​for corporations only. And then maybe there will be funny bugs.

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

CreMat0ry
Will be, literally in an hour of play

C
CreMat0ry 17.12.20

PeLMeN1L
I 'll try with another fix, but there will be whatever will happen. At least it doesn't crash in a minute and you can leave the bar =) And it doesn't freeze so often

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

CreMat0ry
The game of course did not live up to the expectations of the first, but I will give one last chance for a patch.
And so I missed all the cutscenes and all that was on the level were side missions, and only one scene in the game now does not pass without avx, this is Judy. Due to the lack of conservation at the time of exiting bradydance

C
CreMat0ry 17.12.20

PeLMeN1L
Yes, it's clear that there will be a wagon of patches =) It's better to forget about the game for a month.
And what percentage?

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

CreMat0ry
I only hope for one patch, give a damn about bugs, most importantly without constant crashes in cutscenes. I have Intel some kind of xeon without avx

C
CreMat0ry 17.12.20

PeLMeN1L
So you tried with a fix?

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

CreMat0ry
No, I don't want to. I used to be drugged with assemblies on Skyrim, but here I just want to play the finished game)

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

Now I watched their tweeter, they already demand enough. I think in the near future they will only think about it, well, or it is possible for all people to get together and what would be faster, reduce the steam rating to 30, they will immediately dance

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

My question is, shouldn't there have been a 4th faction?

1tstrap 17.12.20

PeLMeN1L
yes it seems no only 3.

P
PeLMeN1L 17.12.20

I just already played Valhalla, they did it very cool, I have it on my "old" computer at high 60 frames. And here on averages 29 ...

1tstrap 17.12.20

PeLMeN1L
on my 1050 2GB 40-50 at minimum rates

S
SMan1981 17.12.20

Who crashes in the prologue, try the modified exe
https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/34?tab=files

R
Ringooo 17.12.20

SMan1981 I checked
all three prologues, everything works now, without crashes. Thank you!
If anything, percent i7-920

M
Marksing 17.12.20

To all Chumbam whose game did not start. Check your Windows version. I moved from corporate to home and everything worked for me.