3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Han Viro 20.12.20 05:21 am

Technology (No Man's Sky)

Are technologies (improvements) stacking up? For example, the conditional "x" gives +1 to the conditional "y"
The same improvement, but already "x" gives +2 to the conditional "y"
Will the result be + 3? Or is +2 technology preferred?
31 Comments
Sort by:
V
VenomTRat 20.12.20

Han Viro
yes. Everything that does not add up cannot be created a second time

001fess 20.12.20

that is, only one of the two improvements works?

H
Han Viro 20.12.20

VenomTRat
everything, I noticed it in the awful interface on the right, the bar is increasing.

L
LaserDeath 20.12.20

I already know that improvements by type should be placed side by side, but the question is whether it is also necessary to put improvements by subtypes side by side (fire icons, diamonds, etc.)?

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Well, here's another game that can't really explain itself. Kapets how tired it is.

H
Han Viro 20.12.20

LaserDeath Bet
next? What for? And what does it give?

L
LaserDeath 20.12.20

Han Viro
As far as I understand, they get some kind of bonus.

L
LaserDeath 20.12.20

I collected something like that, everything is taken out very quickly, including the doors of factories

t
tizen_ 20.12.20

LaserDeath
can't see grenades in your configuration ... wai?
one grenade is enough for the factory door, while the drones do not even have time to react.
and if you get lost in the caves, the exit is always with you;)

and as for the bonuses from improvements, here it seems they already gave proofs:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739857-no-mans-sky/74159155
http: / /www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739857-no-mans-sky/74181809
in a nutshell: it is better to put not in a line, but with a cross cube and the most powerful in the center, weaker - at the edges.
that is, not + 1 + 2 + 3, but + 1 + 3 + 2
- gives an additional 3.5%

t
tizen_ 20.12.20

LaserDeath
>> is it necessary to add improvements by subtypes (spark icons, diamonds, etc.)?
the type is unimportant, the main thing is one color

L
LaserDeath 20.12.20

tizen_
I don’t climb caves, and doors without drones are not interesting, I like mixing. With a shot or not, no difference, the door flies out in about 3 seconds. And I will continue to improve it.

M
MunchkiN 616 20.12.20

apparently add up. for example, the shields of the ship,
but for example the jetpack +1 +2 and +3, I didn’t notice the difference between simply +3, although I didn’t notice the time of the first time.

t
tizen_ 20.12.20

MunchkiN 616
I checked the satchel at the trading post (where there are three platforms in the air):
just +3 and + 2 + 3 + 1 - in the second case, the lifting height was noticeably higher;
I also tested +3 for running and all three improvements together and detected a run from one tree to another - the same result, running a little further.

t
tizen_ 20.12.20

LaserDeath
>> and doors without drones are not interesting, I like mixing
well, it's easy to arrange even without doors, since there are enough drones :))

M
Mangustik 20.12.20

Very useful information. But can anyone post a screen of their "ideal" multitool. It would just be interesting to see how the improvements are built.

E
Energy death 20.12.20

Han Viro
engines, increased weapon damage, shields, all this is added up, there is no protection of the spacesuit from the elements.

Mangustik
as you want and build
a standard layout: weapon damage + reduction of overheating when collecting rees + collecting these same rees.

E
Energy death 20.12.20

Legion13
play Kaldu, there they will chew everything and lead by the handle, what's the problem then.
if someone does not know how to play games where the player is left to himself and you need to strain your brains a little to go further, then this is only his problem.
Such games encourage a person to use their brains at least a little, and not to poke a button a hundred times, as it has become fashionable nowadays.
the newer the generation of consoles, the dumber the games, the more blogs appear with the dumbest questions "what, where, and why"

t
tizen_ 20.12.20

Energy Death
>> there is no protection of the spacesuit from the elements.
Did you check?
Or do you just think so?
If the first - share the test results if not difficult.
If the latter is the case, then why does a colored frame appear on the improvements together?
That is, I can assume, in the order of delirium, that the color_frame is functioning fully on the weapon / ship, and on the spacesuit - well, so purely for beauty. But I would like to hear a less delusional explanation from an intelligent person.

t
tizen_ 20.12.20

I decided to find out what the improvements in the spacesuit give.
Not that I really doubted whether the bonus works, but I was curious to know how much it gives in numbers.

Test conditions:
Radioactive planet, there are two shields: Sigma and Tau. We measure in calm weather, in the pauses between storms.
We sit in the ship, fully charge both shields, then simultaneously get out to the surface (press E) and start the stopwatch.
Each measurement was carried out 3-4 times and the average value was calculated.

Test results:
(shields separately)
+2 = 3 minutes 59 seconds
+1 = 1 minute 20 seconds

(shields together)
+2 = 4 minutes 13 seconds
+1 = 1 minute 23 seconds

That is, the bonus is roughly 5%.

ps
What is strange: in a storm, the shield is discharged in exactly the same way, the difference is or not, or in 1-2 seconds (within the margin of error).
Any shield is charged with one SHEET by 93% (it would seem that it should be stronger and consume more? No, you didn’t hear)
Much later after the test I received a drawing for +3, it was already broke with it, I just measured how much it holds - 9 minutes.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Energy Death
No Man's Sky nudges to use your brain? Yeah. Explain in any place, if not difficult. In Kalda, although it is shit, even though there are more dynamics, but here the only 5-7 operations that have at least some sense are repeated dozens of times. Here's a development for the brains, isn't it? And the thought in general was that the interface is useless, there are no exact stats, there are no tooltips, and this is the very minimum that should be.