3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
KAPRAL27 06.09.19 08:43 pm

Why do open world games do 3rd person?

Hello! My question is why open world games exclusively 3rd person?
Take for example the GTA Mafia AC Saboteur This is a very good game why didn't do 1st person? If they did, would the mafia or assassin etc-would this game.
But for some reason 99% of open world games do not divide the eyes of the player. There are opinions why?
33 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 06.09.19

GTA was originally from the 3rd person. they continue the tradition apparently
mafia a GTA clone
assassin to see how chotko running pants associna
saboteur sandbox and clone mafia with jetaa

before all your tech 3D Igori has done from the first person.
in connection with that to create a normal moving camera animations easier
then with the development of 3D let's go make a 3rd person
maybe the animation of the model and the model itself is no longer sinker pitch
so much more impressive. and besides the camera it is possible to suppress design mistakes easier.

T
Temnoe_Solnce 06.09.19

The first person to say that less. Especially RPG. Wizardry, MM, TES, the ARKS of Fatalis.

123213123123213 06.09.19

MunchkiN 616
it is possible to suppress design mistakes easier.
Who to suppress?

S
Shadow Six 06.09.19

Because 3rd person is much steeper than it looks, the animation blows, shooting, drive, jumping, just better you can see all the efforts of developers from all sides to stare at a character model, and first person is generally nothing you can do only the hands to simulate one and all, and you will not get the full enjoyment from the game with an open world playing from the 1st person we see every day all around from 1st-person, but third is not see therefore, the essence of all such games to watch from 3rd person to understand how others see you

W
William Bigkartoshkafri N 06.09.19

Well, actually, no one has not learned to do normal first person view, so that developers of open world games do it right.

L
Lavrovyy Glist 06.09.19

xenus both parts

M
Maxis1977 06.09.19

KAPRAL27
actually, gta5 is the view from the 1st person

t
tatopus 06.09.19

Personally, I in games from 1st person is hard to navigate. The same Far Cry 3 barely played.

P
PiRoMaNcHiKLo 06.09.19

Dying Light out in first person :)

a
atmaROZ 06.09.19

PiRoMaNcHiKLo
By the way, at the expense of Dying Light Yes, and it was great.

I always ask myself a similar question the title of the topic. My first game, which remains for me the best so far was Return to Castle Wolfenstein. With her I started to play PC games and actually games in General. Games from the 3rd person from the start I was not liking annoys me is the ridiculous management of HS, when I want to crack the clave, don't like the view from the side without immersive... Although I'm willing to compromise as a choice of driving in games like Mafia or GTA, where you would always be able to switch between at least first, driving in the car (as in the Far Cry series) and third (typical side view, a little behind, a little above the roof of the car)
After all, the same mentioned here Saboteur, whether it is done as a first person shooter 1st Person , in the style of Far Cry 3/4 and Dying Light + in similar graphical performance, the game would be unbeatable masterpiece.
pix.PlayGround.ru

T
Timur Laskovskiy 06.09.19

Shadow Six
cool noticed.in nature first-person open world does not roll, while with a single monitor,you have a minimum of three and a full picture of how he sees people.even if you stupidly look right,then 180 degrees.played risen.there can be the shaman 1st of this heresy was even bagovannaya.. so that 3rd person suitable solution...IMHO

m
maslaboy 06.09.19

No games from 1st person with the outside world? Pfft, these games fully, and they are known to all:
rage
crysis
stalker
dying light
dead island
series far cry
a series of fallout
series borderlands
elder scrolls series

m
mark25 06.09.19

Shadow Six
What the hell, how can it look cooler? Take for example, dead spase or mas effect. Very cool it looks when you floor the entire game screen blocking the back or ass GG. It's so cool. It seems to me that the developers just hard-core fuck, so once they release a good game with a 3rd person.

And casterino RPG with an open world, the view from the 3rd person here, too inappropriate. What for me to look at the back of the hero, it's not Hitman or splinter cel, which is important for stealth. The normal is when the RPG or first person, as in police 3 and NV, TES, or when all isometric, as it is sacred.