3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
Y
YY-CHR 20.12.20 05:52 am

Voice acting (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

At the start, I wanted to play the third Witcher, but as I found out about the problems with accelerated voice acting, I decided to wait until everything was fixed, and then I completely forgot about the game. And now I decided to sit down again and here's the question. Over dozens of patches, have you finally fixed the problem in the voice acting with constant accelerations or decelerations?
26 Comments
Sort by:
K
KIBERMAX 20.12.20

As if the accelerated voice acting is still in the game, but most of the dialogues seemed to be re-dubbed (more precisely, the text was altered or shortened), when I played, even the voice acting was very slow, so stop it and play.

r
rzrr 20.12.20

hammer and play, it will not be very noticeable. The accelerated one was removed, but with a slowdown in speech like a retarded one, there are still problems in some places.

G
Garry3Fingers 20.12.20

Wait a year because of laziness to read subtitles, epic of course.

T
ToXeNsiUs 20.12.20

Stalker and Portal
The author, no offense, but it is difficult to refrain from swearing words to describe your stupidity. The devil knows how long ago it became known that some jambs in the speed of the voice acting arose due to the fact that the localizers tried to combine the articulation of the characters with the actual sound of their voices. In other words, the movement of the characters 'lips must match the speed at which the characters' phrases are pronounced. That is why there are often moments when speech sounds deliberately quickly, then suddenly the heroes begin to speak stretching phrases, as if they have down syndrome. This is nothing more than a necessary measure, because otherwise, you, and individuals like you, would yell something like: "And what are these jambs with voice acting ?! Enifer has not finished her sentence yet, and Geralt is already moving his lips and the sounds do not match! Again wait for the patch! When fix it ?! "

A
Ahmed_the_Shaitan_Killer 20.12.20

Stalker and Portal
Well, put the original one, i.e. English voice acting, it is normal there, not accelerated, what's the problem?

M
Mandalorian 20.12.20

ok, everything is with voice acting ...

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

ToShka2511
do not write crap what does the localizers have to do with it, the developers were too lazy to adjust and they stupidly left it

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

ToShka2511
look at YouTube stop game there they disassembled everything in detail, and you write a full dick

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

Mandalorian
well well

U
U_Scarecrow_U 20.12.20

This kind of voice acting seems to be only at the very beginning of the game, then almost never occurs. And then somehow you don't pay attention to it at all, you completely go into the atmosphere of the game, you immerse yourself in the plot and you don't care about it) And in general, if you don't take these jambs with the speed of speech reproduction, the voice acting turned out to be very very solid.

B
Bupycop 20.12.20

Stalker and Portal
And where did you get the idea that something needs to be fixed there? Or accelerated / slowed down speech, but under the facial expressions of the mouth. Or the usual speed, but the dialogues, with a delay / acceleration of the mouth animation, or maybe in general, there will be a different frame, and your speech will continue and then, as said above, there will be regular "under-haters" who no longer have anything to complain about, except to such a trifle. We do not arrange it, you are welcome, go play games, such as Skyrim, where the speech is normal, but the plot is about nothing, at the level of secondary quests and maybe worse.

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

U_Scarecrow_U
Nuda when all female characters speak like cerebral palsy

B
Bupycop 20.12.20

Maxstrong
Such moments in the game, you can count on one finger, 3% percent probably, if because of this, a person left the game, this is complete nonsense, no one will alter anything, because it's not worth it. Another small minus, in the direction of the witcher, but the game has many times more fat pluses, which overshadow any jambs.

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

Bupycop
and who is the fig in DLS they corrected here from your logic and there they should talk like that

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

Bupycop
it is not possible to listen to all the replicas of female characters from the beginning to the end, of course, they will not redo the money suckers, why fix it, although not one studio did not allow itself such a hack

P
Pritchard 20.12.20

As far as I know, there was a toolkit in the game and they did not have time to use it for the release, but everything was fixed to the hearts of stone, apparently there was a lot of work

B
Bupycop 20.12.20

Maxstrong
Because the additions came out much later than the original game. And to hire again all the actors who voiced, this even I can realize, is expensive and not worth it. Read the news that they said about this problem, and then say "lit like suckers and collected money" from the witcher, about 8 voices, from the interface to voice acting with tailored facial expressions of the mouth. And in the same folch, they didn't even bother to make Russian voice acting, oh yes, a year later, they remembered about suckers and washed down Russian. voice acting with google voice and neighing over them, well, I will not talk about their "masterpiece" additions, which for the most part were commented in a work shop with ordinary modders. And there are a lot of such examples, in general, games with high-quality Russian voice acting and on such a huge scale, in general, you can count on one hand. Most of the huge developers generally put the bolt in Russian. voice acting, be content with subs, although they have plenty of funds and resources for this.

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

Bupycop
What kind of actors what kind of nonsense are you writing ??? I don't even want to comment on this

B
Bupycop 20.12.20

Maxstrong
Actors who voiced the characters, or do you think who voiced them? Google translator? And then each voice acting, to adjust to facial expressions, while not speeding up / slowing down the speed of the conversation. Rather, I am not going to comment further, since people like you and the author hope and expect that something should be corrected there, maybe you do not realize the scale? I could understand that voice acting is terribly impossible, that there is nothing to understand, but it's only in some places, a funny accelerated / slow-motion voice. The main thing is that the player understood what they are talking about, just in case, there are subtitles, but again, the voice acting is not so bad as to hate it so much. With such hostility to the shortcomings, you should not have more than one good memory game, but if there is, then name it, I will find the slightest shortcoming at once.

M
Maxstrong 20.12.20

Bupycop
look above the video there everything is laid out on the shelves