3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Kosh13 20.12.20 05:58 am

Pre-order (Deus Ex: Mankind Divided)

+/- pre-ordering the game is discussed here. Where, how, how much and is it worth it. I ask you to avoid links to store pages.
Messages about pirates will be deleted, and the authors will be marked as floodlers. (maybe the topic of discussion of pirates will be added later)
82 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Personally, I have made a pre-order in Steam. At the moment, the issue price is 1299. However, the price may still change depending on the ruble exchange rate. The cost has already been raised by 100 rubles in the fall.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Pre-ordering is evil in itself and encourages developers and publishers to release substandard and unfinished games. I do not understand what is there to discuss at all?

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13 Complete
nonsense invented by someone who is not clear and why.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13
What's nonsense? Arguments in the studio. After all, it is worth noting the fact that most of the bugged, unfinished and not optimized games had a call for pre-order in their asset. Anyway, it makes sense to pay for something that does not yet exist.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
Which game is currently not pre-ordered? Yes, everyone has. At least all AAA for sure.
And that all the bad ones came out?
Probably not. There are some exceptions and ports on the PC.
And even more so the game on pre-orders does not make a sale. The Gta V sold 11.2 million copies in its early days. Activision made half a billion dollars in its early days of sales. In the early days in no way the day before.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13
If the game doesn't make sales on pre-orders, then what's the point of pre-ordering? Unless you get cut pieces of the game as a bonus on the first day. That's all happiness. I don’t know about the others, but I’m waiting for the release, then I’ll watch a couple of three gameplay videos to see what the game is about, and then maybe I’ll buy it.
And the fact that at present every vyser has a pre-order, I do not see it as a positive trend. So is early access.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
Or pre-ordered, played for an hour and a half and returned the money if you didn't like it.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13
Thanks to Valve for keeping us safe from shit. Earlier it was not so easy to get the money back.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
Not so easy? Impossible! There had to be a disaster on a planetary scale for them to return something to someone.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13
If there is an understanding of English, then you can see: there a person explains why pre-order is not good. In fairness, it is worth noting that since Valve introduced its refund policy, some of the arguments have lost their relevance, but in general there are enough arguments against pre-order, including moments where the developers parasitize on the above-mentioned practice and how it is not in the best way affects the game itself.
It's just quite difficult for me to explain my point of view on this issue, I have to resort to arguments from the outside, for which I apologize.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
I have heard these arguments many times. They spread across the Internet at incredible speed.
The point here is that general reasons don't work. It all depends on the specific developer and publisher.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13
I, in principle, agree, but there is a certain tendency and it is by no means positive. Take at least the early pre-order "bonuses" of the game, on the forum of which we are now. It was pure, unclouded delirium. If it were EA, I wouldn't even be surprised, they did worse things. But Square Enix? I had a better opinion of them, however, common sense prevailed in the end. Well, it really depends on the specific developer and publisher, but too often they are ready to sacrifice their reputation for money, which, as you yourself put it, is not very important, since they do not make sales.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
What did they do?
At the time of pre-ordering Tomb Raider (2013), it's exactly the same old thing. Then no one raised any high. How the situation is different now is not clear to me

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13 Okay
, you can go the opposite way. What are the advantages?

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
Yes, nothing. It was never a plus or a minus.
It's just that a person expresses confidence in the studio to the developer. "Guys, I so believe that you will create a cool game that advance to give their money for it"
In response, the developer - "Thank you for the confidence Here's some extra buns"
Unfortunately, many publishers have distorted this concept. As a result, players misunderstand the very principles of pre-ordering.
As a result, the exclamations that pieces are being cut out of the game, evil is trying to cash in on the game in pre-orders.
What then is the Season pass? About him then, in general, we can say that polygons were cut out and then they began to sell.

L
Legion13 20.12.20

Kosh13
Seasonal is just a real cat in a poke. There you pay money for something that may or may not be, and if it does, it may turn out to be anything. Some developers will try out on deshman, well, there are skin packs or other similar rubbish, as an option, a couple of cards for ten bucks (we will not point a finger, and we know who likes to do this), or they can make good plots. The lottery is shorter. Although again depends on the developer. In this light, pre-order looks like the lesser evil.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

Legion13
Here's SP as really not worth buying. Even if it is sensible and developed a bunch of things will still be done.
But until everyone is released, there will already be a discount on it and you can safely take it. You save immediately, and you get all the add-ons and you know what you pay for.
Dying Light had the best season. It costs something in the region of 250-300 rubles. And decent updates came out. And here's another big one coming soon.

r
regeger 20.12.20

Kosh13
For proven and well-proven series of games, pre-order takes place. Well, for new projects, I would not do it, because the opportunity to play a game for an hour and decide whether you need it or not does nothing.
The pre-order itself implies an ordinary investment - nothing more, but a seasoner is already an ordinary additional profit - also nothing more. And without the season, there are tons of games with great support and development. So this is an ordinary "appendix", invented by developers solely for profit (hello EA). IMHO.
Deus Ex can be pre-ordered, but the season is not worth it.

A
AK_Flash 20.12.20

Pre-ordered Day One Edition. I rarely do this, but there was a 5% discount, plus a bunch of junk as a gift, which is also nice. In general, for everything about everything 3799, which is not bad, considering that after the release, the regular version of the game will cost 4k.

K
Kosh13 20.12.20

AK_Flash
And Steam is still 1299 ...