3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladislav Shevtsov 20.12.20 09:32 pm

5: 4 aspect ratio without black bars (Dark Souls 3)

Guys, is there any way to remove this "cinematic" at a resolution of 1280x1024? Google search results showed that everyone is concerned about this problem only with widescreens. I also saw that a drop in performance is possible without black bars, but that's another story. Has anyone been able to get rid of them without resorting to higher resolution?
45 Comments
Sort by:
A
AGS37 20.12.20

there is one solution and will last for a long time
but you will not like it
buy a monitor already 16: 9

V
Vladislav Shevtsov 20.12.20

xAGS37x
only recently spent all the money on a new vidyuhu, so you can forget about upgrades for a while. effective advice, but quite difficult to implement under my conditions

s
seregaL 20.12.20

Plus. I searched everywhere, even on the English-language forums I could not find an answer, there is no answer on reddit either. I got the laziness of the developers ...
For the first one, it seems like the fans made a fix of the normal ratio, but for this one, the silence is still
The problem is relevant for monitors 4: 5 and 16:10

O
Opened 20.12.20

seregaL
I thought it would be hellishly inconvenient, but I got used to it in an hour

I
Ishamael 20.12.20

It is immediately clear that the pirate came out. In games with denuva, you read the relevant sections of the forum, questions of a technical nature are really sensible, about errors and how to fix them. Here, the entire forum is crammed with rogue topics on how to make the game work in a trash heap like square monitors, dual-core CPUs and series 5 Jeffers.

V

Ishamael is
sure that if it becomes necessary to look for answers to questions about errors and how to fix them, then such topics will certainly be. do themes about a square monitor interfere with creating themes about errors? there are two options, either dc3 has an order of magnitude fewer errors than in other games, or Denuvo's defense is the main reason for the appearance of these very errors, from which the appearance of the corresponding topics follows. and ... in my opinion, the question of the aspect ratio even now, in 2016, still belongs to the section "technical issues", so if you have nothing to say on the topic of the question, just pass by, you don't have to show off your financial situation

R
Rubicon696 20.12.20

Ishamael
Monitors with an aspect ratio of 16:10 are much more expensive than similar monitors with an aspect ratio of 16: 9.
So of all those present here, you are the most rogue rogue.

On this topic. During games, in principle, it cannot display a picture other than 16: 9 on a full screen.
Although, in the next topic, one person writes that he has a picture on a full 16:10 screen. She even uploads screenshots. Only he himself does not know how he did it. lol

s
seregaL 20.12.20

Opened
After the new patch 1.0.3.1, when the resolution is changed, the stripes move closer to the screen (in the release version of the first day I did not do this), so the stripes occupy at most a centimeter of the screen, and at a different resolution the entire screen is flattened. 4: 3 manitor

V

seregaL
when choosing a higher resolution, the image just zooms in, cropping the edges on the sides, and therefore the black bars are reduced

R
Rubicon696 20.12.20

As always ... after Miyazaki, the game has to be finished by the users themselves.

Here is the black bars solution.
http://www.wsgf.org/dr/dark-souls-iii/en
or https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4fd3d0/ultrawide_219_fixed_using_hex_edit/

There is a specific example for widescreennikof. But by analogy, everything can be configured for any screen.

I checked that everything works. The screen is 16:10, there are no black bars at all, the image is correct. You can customize the picture for square monitors. Try it.

You will have to edit the game's executor a little. And for this they can write out a ban. Although the forum says that they should not be banned. Well, I warned you.)

S
Spirit874 20.12.20

Rubicon696
I can't find the required line "800700003804" in the Hex editor. Finds nothing via ctr + f.
Could you help with this?

33ru 20.12.20

yes it is possible for more details monique 19d 5.4

R
Rubicon696 20.12.20

Spirit874
33ru
According to the links, everything seems to be chewed up to the limit.

Spirit874 wrote: I can't find the required line "800700003804" in the Hex editor. Finds nothing via ctr + f.
Could you help with this?
In the search for HxD, look for a hexadecimal value, by default there is "Text string", you need to change it to search for "hexadecimal value".
If you find this value 800700003804, change it to the hexadecimal value of your monitor resolution. For example: 80070000B004 (for 1920x1200), 000500000004 (for 1280x1024). You save the file.

Further, according to the instructions:
Open the file with a notepad at C: Users ... AppData Roaming DarkSoulsIII GraphicsConfig.xml (by the way, saves are stored there)
And you edit it to fit your monitor resolution. Do not forget to put WINDOW in the second line.

You save ... and in the properties of this GraphicsConfig.xml file you put the "Read only" checkbox.

You launch the game. It will start in window mode. Loading the save. And in the settings you put the full screen or press ALT + ENTER. Voila ... the picture is full screen without distortion.

V

did everything according to the instructions. 1280x1024. does not work. no difficulties arose in the process, but the result is the same - letterboxing. unsubscribe who got it at 5: 4 4: 3

P
Porsche911GT3RS 20.12.20

xAGS37x You speak the
truth! Only the sucker will sit at 5: 4 when all games are 16: 9 and there are no bands there.)

V

Porsche911GT3RS
how about the fact that not everyone has the funds to purchase all the necessary components for the most comfortable PC gaming? Not only are there purchase priorities higher than PC upgrades, but there is also a priority between the very components of the computer. It is corny, if you choose, it is better to buy a good video card than the same monitor. The first increases the radius of games that can be launched, while the second is just a matter of comfort

G
Gera007 20.12.20

Vladislav Shevtsov
so there are screenshots of examples on the link describing the method, and the stripes have not gone anywhere with the 4: 3 monitor.

33ru 20.12.20

also according to instruction 1280.1024 does not work (

R
Rubicon696 20.12.20

Gera007
There are also stripes at 16:10 screenshots. And in real life the picture is full screen. Menu ... yes with stripes, but the game itself is full screen.
Something you are not doing right, since it does not work for you.
Apparently not destiny. Hammer, play through the gap once your mind is lacking in tune. lol

V

Rubicon696
at such moments it becomes a shame that in most forums mate is punished. to smart people honor and praise, smart people - a member on the collar. It seems that he helped with the search, but it seems that he decided to get out of place, therefore the palette of emotions is mixed. at first I wanted to ask something like: "shouldn't I shoot a video for you, sir, with a visual demonstration of the correct algorithm of actions to turn off letterboxing?", but then I thought and realized that it was not worth it. thanks for the help, goodbye