3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
Vladislav Shevtsov 20.12.20 09:32 pm

5: 4 aspect ratio without black bars (Dark Souls 3)

Guys, is there any way to remove this "cinematic" at a resolution of 1280x1024? Google search results showed that everyone is concerned about this problem only with widescreens. I also saw that a drop in performance is possible without black bars, but that's another story. Has anyone been able to get rid of them without resorting to higher resolution?
45 Comments
Sort by:
D
DarkLordProblem 20.12.20

who will find a way, write syudy

R
Rubicon696 20.12.20

For those who have not mastered the instructions for changing the values ​​in the exe file:

Run HxD, open the file DarkSoulsIII.exe.
In the search for HxD, look for a hexadecimal value, by default there is "Text string", you need to change it to search for "hexadecimal value".
We are looking for the hexadecimal value of the maximum screen resolution that the game supports in windowed mode. It seems clear he said. Naturally, this resolution depends on YOUR monitor. In game, it will be smaller than YOUR native screen resolution.
So we change it to your native screen resolution (in hexadecimal value).

For example ... My monitor is 1920x1200, but in the game, the maximum resolution in windowed mode is only 1920x1080.
Therefore ... In the search for HxD, look for the hexadecimal value 800700003804 (1920x1080), change it to the hexadecimal value of the resolution of your monitor, in my case 80070000B004 (for 1920x1200).
This is done in order for the game to "see" and be able to display the native resolution of the monitor in windowed mode.
By analogy, you can customize the screen for any extension. We are looking for the hexadecimal value of the max extension of YOUR windowed mode (in the game) and change it to the hexadecimal value of the resolution of YOUR monitor.

Further, according to the instructions, everything is simple: You
open the file with a notepad at C: Users ... AppData Roaming DarkSoulsIII GraphicsConfig.xml (by the way, the saves are stored there)
And edit it to fit your monitor resolution. Do not forget to put WINDOW in the second line.

You save ... and in the properties of this GraphicsConfig.xml file you put the "Read only" checkbox.

You launch the game. It will start in window mode. Loading the save. And in the settings you put the full screen or press ALT + ENTER. Voila ... the picture is full screen without distortion.

EVERYTHING WORKS, TESTED ON SEVERAL USERS.

G
GrandVasek 20.12.20

Rubicon696
here is the solution, but if you play pirates, then most likely it won't work, it didn't help me either, but I wrote another solution in the comments under the video, but it does not remove the stripes, but stretches the image for moniks in 4: 3 format

R
Rubicon696 20.12.20

GrandVasek
My version is working correctly. And you need to do this once, then everything starts as it should (in the window), you just need to put the game in full screen mode and there are no stripes.
True, after each patch you have to repeat the procedure, because the patches replace the executable that we edited.

f
fdikzx 20.12.20

Here is the solution