3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hamster Jedi 22.12.20 04:29 pm

TES IV: Writing an FAQ on the game (The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

I would be very grateful if you could help in compiling an FAQ on the game)
Rules for compiling (C) Renata

1) Write a question in bold
2) Pictures (maps), if any, upload them to www.imageshack.us and
give them as links or a small picture (thumbnail )
3) try to give an answer to the question as detailed and understandable as possible.
When did the game go on sale?

March 21st US release March
24th European release

What are the minimum and recommended game requirements?

Minimum

System: Windows XP;
Processor: 2 GHz;
Memory: 512 MB;
Video card: Direct3D-compatible, 128 MB RAM;
Audio Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible;
Hard Drive: 4.6 GB of free space;
DirectX 9.0c.

Recommended

System: Windows XP;
Processor: 3 GHz;
Memory: 1 GB;
Video card: ATI X800 level or NVIDIA GeForce 6800;
Audio Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible;
Hard Drive: 4.6 GB of free space;
DirectX 9.0c.

What is the list of supported video cards?

ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series

How to improve game performance?

This issue is discussed in this thread:
Increasing performance, optimizing the game.

I heard that Nvidia has released a dedicated driver for Oblivion, where can I get it?

Download nVidia 84.25 "Oblivion" Forceware Beta here (21.45MB).

Where can I get the TES4: Construction Set?

The constructor is not included in the game !!! It must be downloaded separately:
Download from here. (6.5 Mb)

How to choose the constellation under which the character was born?

When you overtake Uriel Septim and his guards during the jailbreak, he will ask you about the constellation so you can choose.

How to choose a character class?

After the death of the emperor, his guard will ask you a question about the class, then you can choose the class you like.

Is it possible to change the class, race, constellation?

You can, before leaving the prison sewer, the game will offer you to change all the character settings (race, class, constellation)

The main control keys in TES IV: Oblivion

W, A, S, D - Forward, Back, Left, Right
E - Jump
Space - Use, Grab Item
Shift - Run / Walk
From - Witchcraft
Left Mouse Click - Hit
Right Mouse Click - Block

How do I throw items out of inventory?

SHIFT + Left Mouse Click (default)

CRC error. How to be?

Description: Installation failed with CRC error.
Possible solution: Disable DMA support of your CD / DVD drive.

To do this, do the following:
1. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon, select properties. Further steps depend on the OS you have installed.
A. Win9x users should select "DEVICES", then open "CD-ROM drives" and select DVD drive. Open the properties of this device, select Configure and uncheck "DMA". Click OK.
Q. Win2000 / XP users should select: Hardware -> Device Manager-> IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers. Open Properties -> Primary / Secondary IDE Channel (depending on which channel your DVD is on). Next go to Advanced settings. Set Transfer mode to PIO Only (do this for both channels if you are not sure which one contains the DVD).
2. Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
3. Install the game.
4. Restore the original DVD device settings and restart your computer.

In general, if this error has become your companion, then the problem is in the drive, it is worth replacing / repairing it. If not, exchange the disc.

The game requires a disc, how can I start the game?

Solution: licensed version - insert dvd into the drive and don't rack your brains; pirate - download no DVD (2.51 mb)
Replace the exe file with the one in the archive and run it.

A message like "d3dx9_27.dll not found" appears.

Description: above message and OK button. The game won't start.
Solution: Oblivion DVD has a dxredist folder. Run the DirectX installation, the version required for Oblivion. (dxsetup.exe) Or take DirectX from here.

How can I see the number of frames per second?

Turning on the console ~ (tilde, where the letter is)
command - tdt
30 frames per second is considered the optimal value. Change the resolution to 800x600 or 640x480 for a more comfortable game.

What settings would you recommend for a weak computer?

- Disable anti-alasing
- Change the texture size to medium or small
- unload all processes running on behalf of the user, leaving only system. Antivirus First!
- Disable the softness of shadows (Shadows / Shadow Filtering)
- Install the latest drivers on the video card:

Nvidia: the
version of ForceWare 84.25 drivers is "sharpened" specifically for Oblivion.

ATI:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is MANDATORY!

Objects in the distance don't look correct, textures are blurry ... what to do?

In oblivion.ini we change the trace. parameters:
uNumDepthGrids = 1
uGridsToLoad = 10

Sound "stuttering" during battles and terrain exploration.

If you have Vodei Multimedia Processor installed, uninstall it. It is also worth deleting VobSub ...
If it does not help, rename the Oblivion / Data / Music / Battle folder until better times (patch release).

"Stuttering" of NPC voices

Change the trace in oblivion.ini. lines:

bDSoundHWAcceleration = 0
bUseSoftwareAudio3D = 1
And change it too
bUse Joystick = 0

Total glitches that defy description

Q: The game just crashes, bugs after a certain period of time.
A: 99% of the fact that the Codec Packs are to blame here ...
First, rename this file X: WINDOWS system32 mpeg2dmx.ax to mpeg2dmx.ax.old ... helps many to get rid of periodic crashes.
Better yet, remove all existing codec packs, such as k-lite.

Here's what it says about codecs:
Generally you only need 2 codecs to play 99% of video files, xvid (which includes divx) and AC3 (for dolby digital sound, often used in xvid files).
(excluding real and quicktime files, those you generally need to install thier players to play) in
total you need two codecs for this game:
- xvid codec (this one is ok to install and includes support for divx): http: //www.koepi .org / xvid.shtml
- AC3 (this one is ok to install, its for sound):

http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

here are direct links to download the latest versions:
http://www.koepi.org/XviD -1.1.0-30122005.exe

Well, where is the opponents' lifebar during the battle?

By default, the opponent's life arc should appear above the crosshair. If it is not available, then change it in the Oblivion.ini file (My Documents My Games Oblivion) ​​bHealthBarShowing = 0 to bHealthBarShowing = 1

Where are my saves

Located in My Documents My Games Oblivion

Some problems with the keyboard

Editing Oblivion. ini (My Documents My Games Oblivion). In the [Controls] section, change "bUse Joystick = 1" to "bUse Joystick = 0" or simply disable peripherals.

The system swaps (crashes into the system with the inscription "not enough virtual memory")

Set the swap size = Ram * 1.5 ...
If you have 1.5-2 Gb of RAM, then the use of the paging file can be disabled.

How do I make screenshots in the game?

Open oblivion.ini and change "bAllowScreenShot = 0" from 0 to 1. The screen is made using the Shift + Print Screen combination, and then inserted into Paint ...
In general, this is not the case, download Fraps and do not suffer
http: // www .playground.ru / files / 7006 /

How do I turn off music?

Change the parameter "bMusicEnabled = 1" to "bMusicEnabled = 0" in the oblivion.ini file

How do I drop a weapon or item from the inventory?

Shift + click on the weapon or "grab" with the mouse and then throw it out of the inventory.
182 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vereshch 22.12.20

how to complete this or that quest?

1.after the quest is received, you need to click on it in the journal
2.further, we are guided by the red arrow to find the desired location or by the green one to find the desired character
3.if there is no arrow, then something needs to be done in this location (pick up object, press the lever, etc.)

x
xtrenger 22.12.20

How to get to the next level?
I don't know myself. Morovind had to sleep. And here?

---
and here, too, you need to sleep, in addition, in a dream, a charming assassin can come and recruit you into the dark brotherhood)
- Renata.

H
Hamster Jedi 22.12.20

How to join the Thieves Guild?

Find some beggar (poorly dressed NPCs who ask for a coin), make your relationship with him more than 70 points. After that ask him a question about the "Gray Fox", then he will ask why you need him. Answer: "I want to work for him", then the NPC will tell you what to do and give you a quest.

H
Hamster Jedi 22.12.20

How to enter the Dark Brotherhood?

Just kill some NPC (it is desirable that the guards did not see you, it is better to do it in his house), after that an inscription appears in the upper left corner that your murder was noticed by strangers. Then find a bed and go to sleep. The assassin will wake you up. in a black robe and a hood and will offer to join the Brotherhood.

In the graphics options of the game, you cannot simultaneously set the HDR (high dynamic range) and AA (antialiasing) effect. Is there some way to enable them at the same time?

Ideally, the Radeon x1900 supports this feature ... but if you do not have an x1900, then proceed as follows: set HDR in the game settings, and AA in the video card driver settings.

C
CrazyRaveN 22.12.20

Lockpicks:
Be sure to save before hacking. The bottom line is that you need to move all the pins up. Hover over the pin, click with the mouse, and then click again when the pin is still at the top. The main thing is to calculate when to make the second click. If you calculated correctly, the pin will lock in the upper position and you can move on to the next one. The lock will open when all the pins are removed.

Persuasion:
Move the mouse over one of the four sectors of the circle of persuasion and look at the person being convinced how much he likes this or that sector. The task is to click on the sectors that he likes when they have the maximum yellow scale and click on the sectors that he does not like when they have a minimum scale (this is ideal).

B
Blind 22.12.20

HOW TO CLOSE THE GATE TO OBLIVION?

To close the gate, you need to climb to the very top of the Great Black Tower (by the way, getting into it is not always easy). At the very top, a beautiful pebble jumps up on a pillar of fire. It must be taken with ... in short. By the way, the pebble allows you to enchant the armor on the constant effect on the spot or the weapon on the effect on impact. But only the one that lies in this pebble.

By the way. To lay out the main quest line?

M
MrGorun 22.12.20

How to charge stones - Soul Gem?
You choose the "Capture Soul" spell before killing you cast on the mob. You kill, the soul is captured from the mob.

How to enchant things?
To enchant a thing, you need to join the guild of magicians and gain access to the university territory. There is a room where stands are located, there you can enchant a thing.

now I have a question. you can make only 1 enchant per item per stand, but how can you make 2 or more enchants per item? After all, a lot of things that are given for quests have 4 enchants. Please answer.

A
AlexB 22.12.20

Why doesn't my 9600SE / FX5200 support HDR? I played with him in NFS: MW etc ???
Everything you've seen in NFS: MW and other games - THIS IS NOT HDR - this is a special effect similar to HDR - Overbright!
Hardware normal HDR is supported only on the following video cards:
GeForce 6xxx series
GeForce 7xxx series
Radeon X1xxx series
Or, more simply, on video cards supporting Pixel / Vertex Shaders 3.0.

U
Uniq1 22.12.20

How do I turn off intro and game title cuts in the menu?

Editing Oblivion.ini (My Documents My Games Oblivion):
In the [General] section, change "SMainMenuMovieIntro = Oblivion iv logo.bik" to "SMainMenuMovieIntro =" And also "SIntroSequence = bethesda softworks HD720p.bik, 2k games.bik , game studios.bik, Oblivion Legal.bik ", to" SIntroSequence = ".
Now the launch of the game is faster and without having to use the keys to skip the video.

A
AlexB 22.12.20

How (from whom) can I pump Mana (Life count)
NPCs do not raise attributes (strength, intelligence, speed) only skills (heavy armor, destruction, blades) if you want the next level to have a bonus to intelligence (affecting the count -in mana), then you need to improve skills, both basic and secondary, for which intelligence is controlling (for example, alchemy, mysticism), the more different skills you raise to a greater number of levels, the greater the bonus to intelligence (max +5) when moving to the next level (if you choose it one of the three raised of course).

S
Semple 22.12.20

How to run the game on video cards without shader 2.0 support?

You need to download two files: Oblivion.ini and a small patch. Replace the original Oblivion.ini with the downloaded one (don't forget about the backup copy) and install the patch.

approx. Remember that you perform this operation at your own peril and risk!

k
killerbug 22.12.20

When will the localized version of 1C be released?
Release date - May-June 2006

I played Morrowind a little, right now I want to play Oblivion, so what worries me is: are all Elder Scrolls somehow related to the plot? the world? territorially?
Tied by the world and geographically. In Oblivion, you can walk to the border with Morrowind and read that you can't go there.

S
Semple 22.12.20

+

I have purple water. How to be?
Download and install water shader.

The game crashes upon entering Weynon Priory. What to do?
Change bDoSpecularPass parameter to 0 in Oblivion.ini.

My textures are iridescent. How to fix?
Turn off Bloom effect in autostart options (launcher)

The game has strange shading in the trees.
You can use the "sky off" command in the console, you can also try to improve the picture with the "ts" command.

When trying to change video settings, the game crashes.
Use Asp's loader.

How to fix characters' strange eyes?
Try changing bUseEyeEnvMapping = 0 to bUseEyeEnvMapping = 1 in Oblivion.ini.

The game crashes after exiting the sewer pipe. What to do?
Open Oblivion.ini and change bUseWaterShader = 1 to bUseWaterShader = 0.

How to remove strange green / gray spots on the ground.
In Oblivion.ini change fLODLandVerticalBias = 0.0000 to fLODLandVerticalBias = -1000.0000
© overclockers.ru

S
Semple 22.12.20

Where can I get a utility that allows you to quickly change Oblivion settings and is there any?
Yes there is. This is mainly useful for performance and graphics tuning.

Download (74 kb)

S
Semple 22.12.20

With each new start of the game, the controls return to standard. How do I save custom control settings?

We start the game, load any save, press Esc and put the necessary keys in the options. Exit the game, open Oblivion.ini and in the control section we see the descriptions of the settings in English and Russian (something like this):

[Controls]
fVersion = 1.7000
Forward = 00C8FFFF
Back = 00D0FFFF
Slide Left = 00CBFFFF
Slide Right = 00CDFFFF
Use = 00FF00FF
Activate = 0039FFFF
Block = 003801FF
Cast = 002EFFFF
Ready Item = 0021FFFF
Crouch / Sneak = 001DFFFF
Run = 002AFFFF
Always Run = 003AFFFF
Auto Move = 0010FFFF
Jump = 0012FFFF
The Toggle the POV = 001302FF
the Menu-Mode = 000FFFFF
Rest = 0014FFFF
the Quick the Menu = 003BFFFF
Quick1 = 0002FFFF
Quick2 = 0003FFFF
Quick3 = 0004FFFF
Quick4 = 0005FFFF
Quick5 = 0006FFFF
Quick6 = 0007FFFF
Quick7 = 0008FFFF
Quick8 = 0009FFFF
QuickSave = 003FFFFF
QuickLoad = 0043FFFF
Grab the = 002CFFFF
bInvertYValues = 0
fXenonLookXYMult = 0.0005
fMouseSensitivity = 0.0020
; X = 1, Y = 2, Z = 3, XRot = 4, YRot = 5, ZRot = 6
iJoystickMoveFrontBack = 2
iJoystickMoveLeftRight = 1
fJoystickMoveFBMultove =
1.0000 iJoystickMultove =
1.0000 fJoystickMultove =
1.0000 fJoystickMultove
fJoystickLookUDMult = 0.0020
fJoystickLookLRMult = 0.0020
fXenonMenuMouseXYMult = 0.0003
bBackground Mouse = 0
bBackground Keyboard = 0
bUse Joystick = 1
fXenonLookMult = 0.0030
fXenonMenuStickSpeedMaxMod = 5.0000
iXenonMenuStickSpeedThreshold = 20000
iXenonMenuStickThreshold = 1000
; Language values: 0-English, 1-German, 2-French, 3 -Spanish, 4-Italian
iLanguage = 0
Forward = 00C8FFFF
Back = 00D0FFFF
Left = 00CBFFFF
Step Right = 00CDFFFF
Attack = 00FF00FF
Activate = 0039FFFF
Block = 003801FF
Cast = 002EFFFF Weapon
Ready = 0021FFFF

There are codes with Russian names - codes that you yourself installed in the game, and codes with English ones are default ones (which are installed every time you start the game). Copy the codes from the Russian part and substitute them into the English one (after the "equal" sign). We save the file.

d
dg-blade-un 22.12.20

for whom the launcher does not work, download the registry file from here

S
Steel.Ajax 22.12.20

Question: Why, in the game there is no concept of right / left hand / shoulder pad? And then in Morra it was possible to "make" an iron hand, but here not ma. I want my own style.

Answer: Break off! In the current game, there are sets (sometimes you come across a set of armor in one thing (for example: Arena armor)). We are waiting with stylish armor.

Question: What's better: HDR or Bloom with anti-aliasing?

Answer: Better HDR with anti-aliasing! On cards that do not support HDR, set Bloom with anti-alliance. The effect is slightly worse than HDR, but still beautiful!

p
psyke 22.12.20

How to push * .dds files into * .bsa ???
TES4BSA.exe only unpacks * .bsa
bsapack.exe from morovinda not suitable for use with Oblivion * .bsa not unpack does not pack as links to the forum for some reason, lie on it ((
Tell me plz than cram in bsa files can !!!!!
explain ok how all the same to connect the modules that go dds files plz !!!

c
cyril 22.12.20

How to set a name for the save when saving a game?

the name can be set only when saving from the console (the default console call is tilde)
in the console we write:
save "(SaveName)"
where (SaveName) is the desired name of the save
eg
save "I'm rule!"

H
Hamster Jedi 22.12.20

Creations in TES IV

The Apprentice The Apprentice
Season is the month of Solstice. Those born under the sign of the Apprentice are predisposed to magic of any kind, but are also more vulnerable to it.
+100 mana, but 100% magic vulnerability.

Atronach (The Atronach)

Atronach (very often called the Golem) - one of the subjects of the Magician. Its season is the month of Sunset. Those born under this sign are natural born magicians, however, they cannot generate their own magical energy.
+150 mana. Mana is restored while absorbing spells (absorbed by 50%), but not restored over time.

The Lady The Lady

is one of the Warrior's subjects, her time is the month of Fire. Born under the sign of a lady is always very nice people with a lot of patience.
+10 points to Willpower and Stamina.

The Lord

His season is the month of the Primrose, he watches over everyone in Tamriel during the sowing season. Those born under the sign of the Lord are stronger and healthier than those born under other signs.
The ability to restore 90 health points, but 25% vulnerability to fire.

The Lover The Lover

is one of the Thief's subjects, and his season is Dawn. Those born under the sign of the Lover are very attractive and passionate.
The ability to paralyze the enemy for 10 seconds at the expense of 120 points of Endurance. This spell lasts once a day.

The Mage
It is a guardian constellation whose season runs from the month of Dusk to the month of the Morning Star. His Subjects: Journeyman, Atronach, and Ritual. Those born under the sign of the Magician have a predisposition for magic, but are often arrogant and absent-minded.
+50 mana.

The Ritual

This is one of the subjects of the Magician. Its season is Morning Star month. Those born under this sign have different abilities depending on the position of their moons and saints.
Ability to use two spells (each once a day): Restore health and banish undead.

The Serpent

The snake travels across the sky. She does not have her own season, but her movements can be predicted with a certain degree of probability. No specific qualities can be distinguished in those born under this sign. They can be both blessed and cursed.
For 100 points of Endurance, you can poison the enemy with a slow but powerful poison, while restoring your health and dispelling spells.

The Shadow The Shadow

season is the month of Showa. Those born under the sign of the Shadow know how to hide in the shadows.
Once a day, you can use Invisibility for 60 seconds.

The Steed

This is one of the Warrior's subjects, and his season is Midyear. Those born under the sign of the Horse are very impatient, they are always in a hurry somewhere.
+20 points to

The Thief Speed
The Thief is the final guardian constellation. Its time: the dark months from the month of Dusk to the month of the Morning Star. Subjects: Lover, Shadow and Tower. Those born under the sign of a thief are not necessarily thieves, but they are more often than not and very rarely come across. They will, however, lack luck, so they will live less than those born under other signs.
+10 points to Dexterity, Speed ​​and Luck

The Tower

This is one of the Thief's subjects. Her season is the month of Frost. Those born under the sign of the Tower know how to find gold, and can also open any locks.
Once a day, you can open a door or a chest with a lock of medium difficulty and reflect 5 points of damage for 120 seconds.

The Warrior
The warrior is the guardian constellation, he protects his subjects during his season (from the month of Primrose to the month of Seva). His subjects are Lady, Horse and Lord. Those born under the sign of a warrior are good at all types of weapons, but have a quick-tempered nature.
+10 points to Strength and Stamina