3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
H
Hamster Jedi 22.12.20 04:29 pm

TES IV: Writing an FAQ on the game (The Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion)

I would be very grateful if you could help in compiling an FAQ on the game)
Rules for compiling (C) Renata

1) Write a question in bold
2) Pictures (maps), if any, upload them to www.imageshack.us and
give them as links or a small picture (thumbnail )
3) try to give an answer to the question as detailed and understandable as possible.
When did the game go on sale?

March 21st US release March
24th European release

What are the minimum and recommended game requirements?

Minimum

System: Windows XP;
Processor: 2 GHz;
Memory: 512 MB;
Video card: Direct3D-compatible, 128 MB RAM;
Audio Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible;
Hard Drive: 4.6 GB of free space;
DirectX 9.0c.

Recommended

System: Windows XP;
Processor: 3 GHz;
Memory: 1 GB;
Video card: ATI X800 level or NVIDIA GeForce 6800;
Audio Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible;
Hard Drive: 4.6 GB of free space;
DirectX 9.0c.

What is the list of supported video cards?

ATI X1900 series
ATI X1800 series
ATI X1600 series
ATI X1300 series
ATI X850 series
ATI x800 series
ATI x700 series
ATI x600 series
ATI Radeon 9800 series
ATI Radeon 9700 series
ATI Radeon 9600 series
ATI Radeon 9500 series
NVIDIA Geforce 7800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6800 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6600 series
NVIDIA GeForce 6200 series
NVIDIA GeForce FX series

How to improve game performance?

This issue is discussed in this thread:
Increasing performance, optimizing the game.

I heard that Nvidia has released a dedicated driver for Oblivion, where can I get it?

Download nVidia 84.25 "Oblivion" Forceware Beta here (21.45MB).

Where can I get the TES4: Construction Set?

The constructor is not included in the game !!! It must be downloaded separately:
Download from here. (6.5 Mb)

How to choose the constellation under which the character was born?

When you overtake Uriel Septim and his guards during the jailbreak, he will ask you about the constellation so you can choose.

How to choose a character class?

After the death of the emperor, his guard will ask you a question about the class, then you can choose the class you like.

Is it possible to change the class, race, constellation?

You can, before leaving the prison sewer, the game will offer you to change all the character settings (race, class, constellation)

The main control keys in TES IV: Oblivion

W, A, S, D - Forward, Back, Left, Right
E - Jump
Space - Use, Grab Item
Shift - Run / Walk
From - Witchcraft
Left Mouse Click - Hit
Right Mouse Click - Block

How do I throw items out of inventory?

SHIFT + Left Mouse Click (default)

CRC error. How to be?

Description: Installation failed with CRC error.
Possible solution: Disable DMA support of your CD / DVD drive.

To do this, do the following:
1. Right-click on the "My Computer" icon, select properties. Further steps depend on the OS you have installed.
A. Win9x users should select "DEVICES", then open "CD-ROM drives" and select DVD drive. Open the properties of this device, select Configure and uncheck "DMA". Click OK.
Q. Win2000 / XP users should select: Hardware -> Device Manager-> IDE ATA / ATAPI controllers. Open Properties -> Primary / Secondary IDE Channel (depending on which channel your DVD is on). Next go to Advanced settings. Set Transfer mode to PIO Only (do this for both channels if you are not sure which one contains the DVD).
2. Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
3. Install the game.
4. Restore the original DVD device settings and restart your computer.

In general, if this error has become your companion, then the problem is in the drive, it is worth replacing / repairing it. If not, exchange the disc.

The game requires a disc, how can I start the game?

Solution: licensed version - insert dvd into the drive and don't rack your brains; pirate - download no DVD (2.51 mb)
Replace the exe file with the one in the archive and run it.

A message like "d3dx9_27.dll not found" appears.

Description: above message and OK button. The game won't start.
Solution: Oblivion DVD has a dxredist folder. Run the DirectX installation, the version required for Oblivion. (dxsetup.exe) Or take DirectX from here.

How can I see the number of frames per second?

Turning on the console ~ (tilde, where the letter is)
command - tdt
30 frames per second is considered the optimal value. Change the resolution to 800x600 or 640x480 for a more comfortable game.

What settings would you recommend for a weak computer?

- Disable anti-alasing
- Change the texture size to medium or small
- unload all processes running on behalf of the user, leaving only system. Antivirus First!
- Disable the softness of shadows (Shadows / Shadow Filtering)
- Install the latest drivers on the video card:

Nvidia: the
version of ForceWare 84.25 drivers is "sharpened" specifically for Oblivion.

ATI:

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 is MANDATORY!

Objects in the distance don't look correct, textures are blurry ... what to do?

In oblivion.ini we change the trace. parameters:
uNumDepthGrids = 1
uGridsToLoad = 10

Sound "stuttering" during battles and terrain exploration.

If you have Vodei Multimedia Processor installed, uninstall it. It is also worth deleting VobSub ...
If it does not help, rename the Oblivion / Data / Music / Battle folder until better times (patch release).

"Stuttering" of NPC voices

Change the trace in oblivion.ini. lines:

bDSoundHWAcceleration = 0
bUseSoftwareAudio3D = 1
And change it too
bUse Joystick = 0

Total glitches that defy description

Q: The game just crashes, bugs after a certain period of time.
A: 99% of the fact that the Codec Packs are to blame here ...
First, rename this file X: WINDOWS system32 mpeg2dmx.ax to mpeg2dmx.ax.old ... helps many to get rid of periodic crashes.
Better yet, remove all existing codec packs, such as k-lite.

Here's what it says about codecs:
Generally you only need 2 codecs to play 99% of video files, xvid (which includes divx) and AC3 (for dolby digital sound, often used in xvid files).
(excluding real and quicktime files, those you generally need to install thier players to play) in
total you need two codecs for this game:
- xvid codec (this one is ok to install and includes support for divx): http: //www.koepi .org / xvid.shtml
- AC3 (this one is ok to install, its for sound):

http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/

here are direct links to download the latest versions:
http://www.koepi.org/XviD -1.1.0-30122005.exe

Well, where is the opponents' lifebar during the battle?

By default, the opponent's life arc should appear above the crosshair. If it is not available, then change it in the Oblivion.ini file (My Documents My Games Oblivion) ​​bHealthBarShowing = 0 to bHealthBarShowing = 1

Where are my saves

Located in My Documents My Games Oblivion

Some problems with the keyboard

Editing Oblivion. ini (My Documents My Games Oblivion). In the [Controls] section, change "bUse Joystick = 1" to "bUse Joystick = 0" or simply disable peripherals.

The system swaps (crashes into the system with the inscription "not enough virtual memory")

Set the swap size = Ram * 1.5 ...
If you have 1.5-2 Gb of RAM, then the use of the paging file can be disabled.

How do I make screenshots in the game?

Open oblivion.ini and change "bAllowScreenShot = 0" from 0 to 1. The screen is made using the Shift + Print Screen combination, and then inserted into Paint ...
In general, this is not the case, download Fraps and do not suffer
http: // www .playground.ru / files / 7006 /

How do I turn off music?

Change the parameter "bMusicEnabled = 1" to "bMusicEnabled = 0" in the oblivion.ini file

How do I drop a weapon or item from the inventory?

Shift + click on the weapon or "grab" with the mouse and then throw it out of the inventory.
182 Comments
Sort by:
z
zie 22.12.20

how to charge soul stones ?????

A
Avenging all 22.12.20

Why stolen things refuse to buy a hand mark on them, how to fix it
Everything is elementary. We take any chest. We put one of our things and stolen things in it. Then we take out first our own thing, then the stolen ones. Now they all look as if you took them off. monster or bought.

M
Mr. Romero 22.12.20

How to increase Mana, Stamina, Life count?
When moving to the next level (the so-called level up).
Mana calculated M = Intelligence * 2 + Race and Sign Bonus + Armor Bonus + Spells and Potions
Power Stamina calculated S = Strength + Willpower + Agility + Endurance + Action spells and potions
Life is calculated H = Endurance * 2 + increase with each Level UP by (Endurance / 10) + the effect of spells and potions
Lifeline will grow faster if you start pumping Armorer skills from the beginning of the game , Block (Parry) and Heavy Armor (Heavy armor).
Mana will grow faster if you start pumping skills Alchemy (Alchemy), Conjuration (Summoning) and Mysticism (Mysticism) from the beginning of the game.
The reserve of strength will grow faster if from the beginning of the game you start pumping the above 3 skills for endurance, as well as Blade (Swords), Blunt (Blunt), Hand-to-Hand (Melee combat), Alteration (Change), Destruction (Destruction) , Restoration (Restoration), Marksman (Gunner), Security (Hack) and Sneak (Stealth).

P
PHOENIX.ss 22.12.20

Where are game saves stored?

5ehtiP 22.12.20

(My Documents My Games Oblivion)

V
Vlad312 22.12.20

Question # 1: Why is it not always possible to get all the arrows from the corpses? Or the amount that was fired at it is not always in the corpse, given that all the arrows hit the target. Just sometimes you shoot 10 arrows, and for some reason in their corpse 5. Why is that?
Question number 2: Why, after entering the SHOWRACEMENU command in the console and changing, for example, the face of a Persian, then after that all progress to the next level reaches zero? And some stats and skills drop a lot.
Question number 3: Why not all things can be converted from stolen to unstopped. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

S
Shoomer 22.12.20

Why, when you shoot into the distance, the arrows that flew off and remained THERE LIE on the floor disappear upon closer inspection ???

M
Mr. Romero 22.12.20

2 Vlad312
Question â„– 1 and 2 Shoomer 15.08.06 15:16
The engine automatically removes "unnecessary" items after a while (some arrows disappear from the ground after 10 seconds). This is not Oblivion's problem, but all games, for example, shooters will not be able to collect casings. It's easier with bodies - for some reason, you don't hit the target - the arrow flies past - then disappears on the ground - that's why I didn't pump this skill - it depends on the number of arrows hitting the target (+1 is given for hitting 2 * Marksman, i.e. i.e. with skill 99, you have to hit the target 198 times). Question: where did the crossbow, which gives fast pumping, did.
Question number 2
developers apparently do not understand simple gamers, so they create problems for us out of the blue. Perhaps if you call this command NOT often, then there should be no problems, and so there are glitches in the settings of the Persian.
Question No. 3
is a bug in scripts, we hope to fix it in the 2nd patch. All that remains is to carry all things with you or leave them locked up in purchased houses.

D
Daking 22.12.20

Is it possible to somehow replace the standard Tamriel map with a more beautiful one?

S
Squerke 22.12.20

Daking
You can. There is such a plugin:
Cyrodiil Color Map

j
jamthl 22.12.20

And how to make a screen of your character from the side?

5ehtiP 22.12.20

You need to hold the mouse wheel ...

g
gunface 22.12.20

Started playing the original Oblu from 1C, developed to level 15. I want to supply Islands, Knights and LLC. In what order should I do this? Will the game need to start over?

S
Squerke 22.12.20

Put it on! Start a new game!

g
gunface 22.12.20

Is there a conflict or something like that between Obla and the GeForce 8800 GTX? And then I have some kind of brake ... Can it be due to vidyuhi?

P
Petrovich_ 22.12.20

jamthl, to make a screen of your character from the side, type TFC in the console.

gunface, put the add-ons in any order and you don't need to start a new game, or rather you don't need to. Your graphics card is fully compatible with the game.

L
Likanu 22.12.20

cant start a new game! When you start a new game, everything hangs! Tell me what's the matter?
I have a license, and I used to play Oblivion on my computer, but then I uninstalled it. Now I installed it again and here is such a baida when starting a new game (((

k
killer546 22.12.20

How do you charge the staves? I have a staff - Greatstaff of the Storm! Cool news! Only completely discharged! How to charge? (I know that it was Varla's stone, but where can I get it or what is his code to read? _

T
Two of one 22.12.20

Things are charged with commodes of shower.

S
Sunlighthell 22.12.20

Frank EINSTEIN
How do you charge the staves?
In some cities, in the Mages Guild, merchant magicians charge staves.