3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Shadowarm 22.12.20 04:49 pm

Cooling system

Guys, how to properly organize the cooling in the case. Is it worth installing side fans, or is it better to seal these places? How to properly organize the cooling system in the case? The predator x1 case, power supply unit stands at the bottom, takes cold air from the floor.
40 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 22.12.20

KrampusX Look
in the net .

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

Thanks for the answers, I will put the top one on blowing so that when playing games (taftology right) open the top flaps so that the air comes out through the top, well, the side one is blown into the blower so that the video card is blown, I think it will

S
STALKER_LEON 22.12.20

KrampusX

I have the same case. I connected my native coolers to the built-in reobass, and the side and upper ones to the purchased one. And no problem. Even in summer (there is no air condition at home - the heat is constant)

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

leon18l
And how did you arrange the cooler?

S
STALKER_LEON 22.12.20

Lateral one for blowing at the vidyahi level and one above the process at the top for blowing. I wanted to slap in two, but the finances were not allowed, but the other day I will drink one more ...

H
Hattack 22.12.20

On the Cooler Master Haf XM case:
Front (blowing) - 200mm x1,
Top (blowing) - 200mm x2,
Rear (blowing) - 140mm x1,
Side (blowing) - 200mm x1.
Bottom line, ice is not covered, but the flight is excellent))

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

Hattack
Great, but how do you control the rotation speed, or are they not noisy?

K
KazymirZyba 22.12.20

Silence is much more important to me. Front 120 for blowing in and behind or from above the eighties for blowing. Coupled with ventilation fans on the video card, processor and in the block, you get decent cooling for all components in the "bank". It makes no sense to stand out.

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

KazymirZyba
Yes, but summer is forcing, there is no conder at home, during the day the temperature is 25-30 degrees

K
KazymirZyba 22.12.20

KrampusX
There is no Conder, not even a fan) Prots and mother in idle 35-37 (in heavy games there were also 75), vidyuha 45-50 (under 80 in load). "The whole thing" has been working for a couple of years now and without any complaints. Everything is overclocked: video, bus, percent, operative, respectively) And it's quiet and nothing boils. Config in the profile. In my bank, from behind I cut off the cooler altogether, the block cooler serves for blowing out. In general, something like that:

It's funny that even if you turn on the vent on the "ass" - the increase in airing is minimal (well, maybe by a degree per percent and for mother in idle time, in load without changes). Perhaps turning it on would be useful for more voluminous cooling of the power circuits, but it does not add to the noise.

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

KazymirZyba
I have a power supply unit on the bottom, so it's more efficient, on top it is mainly located on old cases

K
KazymirZyba 22.12.20

KrampusX
I have a 2002 case) ... the very ancient part of the computer) It is covered in stickers with gambling addiction, in general, a rarity and my nostalgia. I will not change it for anything)

S
STALKER_LEON 22.12.20

The PSU at the bottom will be better. Because he does not draw hot air from the processor and vidyahi ...

PS: Yes, I am a cap :)

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

I think you can ask the moderators to fix the topic so that people know how best to do

H
Hattack 22.12.20

KrampusX
Dvuhsotki in operation is generally not audible, even at night))) Therefore, there is no need to control them.

H
Hattack 22.12.20

KrampusX wrote: The
power supply unit from below is worth it, so it is more efficient
Here, as it were, there is also a minus - DUST. Whatever filters are standing, still, after a couple of months of dust, even roll your boots (

S
STALKER_LEON 22.12.20

Hattack

There is a filter, I clean it once a month (sometimes two, depending on the mood) and everything is fine ... It can be removed easily, pulled with two fingers and everything is ok.
And when the power supply unit is at the top, does it not suck dust from the case? :)

S
Shadowarm 22.12.20

Guys, I ran into such a problem, on the case, it means there are flaps at the top to open so that the air passes through and closes. I put one 120 there for blowing, and these flaps must be constantly open so that it expels air, or you can only open them in games ?

K
Kolik0550 22.12.20

What kind of case model would you write? And of course you should always be open.

L
Listoman 22.12.20

KrampusX
These flaps impede airflow very much.