3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
PlayGround.ru 23.12.20 12:54 am

General's Speech (Rome: Total War)

Listen, I played for Carthage - there the general before the battle only says a couple of sentences ... After the Roman generals, who were filled with nightingales before the battle, the parting words of the Carthaginian commanders look pathetic. Is it just Carthage or does everyone have such a joint?
If at all - the creators really DO love the Romans.
36 Comments
Sort by:
V
Vitayt 23.12.20

The speech that the general pushes before the battle depends on many factors:
1) The commander is a simple captain or family member
2) The place of the battle
3) The quantitative and qualitative composition of your and enemy troops
4) Command skill and experience (for family members)

Of course, the Romans a slightly more varied choice of chants, but the game is called Rome: Total War, not Nations: Total War

D
Dimmon 23.12.20

I agree with all 4 points. True, a simple captain (who has not yet been accepted as a member of the family) is generally sternly silent before the battle =)).
Still, the Romans did not have several, but a much more varied choice of phrases than the rest. And, in my opinion, the name of the game has nothing to do with it. After all, the game is focused on history, and according to history, the Greeks were also not fools about getting worn out. Interestingly, in "realism" this was taken into account? I didn’t play, but I bet I didn’t take into account.

S
Sher_Khan 23.12.20

Why is the captain silent then? My captains are very talkative for the Romans. Of course, not like family members, but they are not silent for sure. I have never been silent at all.

P
PlayGround.ru 23.12.20

Yes, sorry, I was wrong about the captain.
But I still played for Carthage and for the Greeks - a couple of words (they say, it's true for us, we will win) - and forward.

And the Romans in their speech take into account both the landscape features and the characteristics of the speakers ...

Well, all right, for the Romans, the company is more sophisticated, but the infringement of the generals in the ability to inspire the fighters is already nationalism!
Romans are too fond of! But I fell in love with the Greeks with all my heart, and I feel sorry for these simple and courageous guys))

B
Bjs 23.12.20

Speak the words yourself.

s
star wars fan 23.12.20

The Romans there before we sing they say, for example, the Armenian army is in front of us, and so on. etc

B
Betresen 23.12.20

I trudge when I hear the enemy general running away like a cowardly goat. Catch him! goats are very nutritious. or when my general runs away they say your general runs away - it would be better if he stabbed himself with his own sword))) the game of my life))) I will not trade for anything)))

A
Alter Fritz 23.12.20

Betresen
:)
Yes-ah-ah, even when he played against the Romans and the enemies ran, a voice-over said: "The Roman eagle has turned into a pitiful chicken!" Generally a theme!

T
Tribun 23.12.20

or it, beat the Romans with the Greeks at Messana: "who will mourn a Roman? only his lovers!"

U
Uncle_Lis 23.12.20

Did you translate this, or does it speak Russian in your game?
And then I only have "Over thea Stay and Rabel Slaves"

T
Tribun 23.12.20

If you're talking about RTV, then I have a Russian version 1.5, everyone speaks Russian. "there is no Hellene. No Jew")))

U
Uncle_Lis 23.12.20

Eat !!!!!! ...
Uh-uh ... in the sense of terribly envy ... And in my language of foggy Albion, not only shaves, but everything.
The only joy is to hear the Scythians say "R" in English:
- Archer marsantris!
- Horse archers!
- Slotter earth!

D
Dee Ice 23.12.20

I'm finishing playing Empire and before Napoleosha's release I'm playing current in Rome!)

I
Infantryman 23.12.20

Maybe not quite on the topic, but really, the game reflects the nationality of your faction through "national" accents in the English live speech in the game (those who do not know English or play with Russian voice acting have lost a lot!). The purest English, of course, among the Romans - reminds American films about the Second World War like "Saving Private Ryan". "Sir is sir!". The Egyptians speak in the smooth voices of some pathetic preachers, with howling. Eastern factions such as the Persians pronounce the "r" sound very clearly: "Ze enemi kawar-r-ds r-ran! Drrrive zem from the battlefield!" moreover, their voice is hoarse and kind of "flattened" - immediately there is an impression of a cunning bazaar rogue. Northern barbarians are all hoarse

It is a pity that the generals and captains make their speech not standing in front of the formation, but from the corner of their unit. But how spectacularly they reared the horse in the final speech!

M
Modest Mint 23.12.20

By the way, if we are talking about the generals and their cheerful parting words before the battle ... And how in Antiquity did the verbal appeal of the commander to the army before the battle look like? There were no “matugalniks” and other improvised speech amplifiers at that time, and there were 10,000 personnel.

C
Chukchi Militant 23.12.20

Don't you watch a movie? There is a type of legate past the ranks and he is all "general", "sir", "sir". And he himself: "Guys, do not be afraid, if glitches, like you already have a khan, jump in the direction of the sun. And remember: what we do will respond with an Oscar, that is, the homeland will not forget us!"

T
Tribun 23.12.20

Modest Mint
in ancient times acoustics was good. so everyone heard.

M
Modest Mint 23.12.20

Yes Yes!
So I see: the front is stretched for kilometers, the Gauls have settled somewhere in the forest and are also preparing for battle. The legionnaires are standing, picking their teeth with pilums. Gaius Julius Caesar leaves in front of the formation and as he yells: "I wish that in this battle I did not have a SINGLE RUPTURE !!!!! front line!"
And a rolling echo rolled. And the birds fell from the trees dead.

Here it is, a virgin history, not embellished by anyone.

M
Modest Mint 23.12.20

If you, gentlemen, think that I will leave it all like that, then you are deep! you are mistaken ...

Here are a few grains of truth on this endless field of pseudo-historical utopia: In credible sources, it is suggested that the commander repeated the speech several times, as they say, for everyone. Well, or, in extreme cases, the senior officers read it.

T
Tribun 23.12.20

on "Roman glory" there is an article about Roman generals. there seems to be infa about speeches, but I'm too lazy to search and retell :).

haven't you ever been in the field? you fart there and the whole village will know. audibility is normal. and the speech, if necessary, can be repeated for everyone. these speeches were short, not for the plenum of the Politburo).