3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20 12:56 am

Eats out RAM to capacity (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Someone met with such a problem that would eat away the RAM to the eyeballs, 8 GB of operas, constantly eats to capacity in Witcher 3, video memory did not eat more than 1850 MB, the swap file just eats into the trash, he automatically put 12 gigs, it was jammed with opera and the swap file is almost 20 gigs, what the fuck?
patch 1.21.
when the game was played from the beginning, everything was fine until it was updated to Blood and Wine, in this patch it didn't really start to eat the RAM, from a friend on the face, despite the fact that he bought another 8 GB, in total he had 16 GB, the game ate 14 gigs, is it in the patch?
34 Comments
Sort by:
M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

it means that a small amount of RAM is more than
a swoop I measured without patches and added in the region of 10 GB and the swap file was allocated - 36 or 38 gigs were allocated for it,
finally a good game the more it eats the better plus the open world.

E
Eraser101 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3, MunchkiN 616
I have 8 gigs of RAM, swap files are disabled - the game works great on patch 1.22 ...

M
MunchkiN 616 23.12.20

Eraser101
but not the fact that the game will suffer from a lack of f-swapping and the amount of RAM, if it is enough for the calculated system requirements,
although this should still depend on the settings of the graph,
and if everything is pretty and honorable, the more the game can privatize the better.

E
Eraser101 23.12.20

MunchkiN 616
Many games consume a lot of RAM due to poor optimization. The Witcher does not use these 8 gigs completely. The settings are medium-high, at about 30-35 fps in full HD.

L
Lexx77 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
Not in the patch, look for more.

P
PG_CrazyPunk 23.12.20

4 GB of RAM, 8 swap. All settings are high, everything else is ON. ~ 40fps and small freezels in Novigrad. Everything is normal in the game with this case.

S
SwedovSandr 23.12.20

Don’t use any bullshit at startup. 8 gig of RAM for the Witcher 3 is enough with a stake

R
R1annon 23.12.20

What a flock that can't read. The man wrote that before the DLC everything was fine with him, and after that problems began. They write that 8-16GB is not enough for a game in which 8GB is recommended and other heresy.

G
Guwanc 23.12.20

8 GB for the game is enough ...

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

SwedovSandr
What are you talking about, you think I don’t know how to clean startup? except for the witcher during the game, I eat nothing

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

I play Pek-Peka on medium, naturally with my hair off, the number of people in the frame is low, only water is high, detail and textures, even at 1600x900, giving out 40-50 fps, it manages to eat RAM, although my native resolution is 2560x1080, for such sacrifices I'm going, but he still doesn't appreciate: \

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
and what Windows? I have the same crap!

M
MU-admin 23.12.20

I have never had this with the Witcher with 8 GB, but a couple of times there were similar glitches with Fallout 4, and once the network card drivers were buggy and similar problems surfaced with the third Civilization, incl. these are all software glitches

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

MU-admin
After the addition and the new patch started, the problem is probably in Windows 7. Maybe a dozen try, hell knows.

This video eats less memory, although who knows? Pay attention to the FPS, probably really sharpened after the version for Windows 10.

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
Windows seven, I don't know what to do already

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
Try on a dozen there like and the FPS gives out more interesting things.

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83
normal, can you find it right now? I wanted to switch everything, it did not start, it rolled back automatically three times, maybe you can help in HP?)

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
It is necessary to install from the image not by updating, the update crashes the known jamb. Yes, the internet is full of these images with all the updates.

T
TheMauoHe3 23.12.20

X_ray_83 is
stupid to install through the BIOS as well as the seven?

X
X_ray_83 23.12.20

TheMauoHe3
Yes, I made a bootable USB flash drive and so on through Bios. It seems that the main driver for the motherboard worked, so that it would be exactly 10-ku.