3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Bayaz 23.12.20 12:59 am

Game language (Star Wars: Battlefront (2015))

I could not find where else to merge my emotions and decided to write here.

When you buy a game on Origin or in any other way in our country - only Russian and Polish languages ​​are available to you.

I thought that this topic with language restrictions disappeared from games long ago, but it was not.

It is simply impossible to play this game in Russian, the localization is 2 out of 10, this is a mockery of normal work.

Dear Origin and Electronic Arts, please burn in hell with your idiotic policies and rules !! I wish all the management of this wonderful company to enter into an intimate relationship with a dead monkey !!
31 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kerlin 23.12.20

The Polish version has English voice acting. This problem for me continues since the days of BF3, where it was solved by renaming or replacing files. Perhaps the same here, but judging by the topic on reddit, it's not so simple. While my game is just downloading, I do not promise English text, but it may be possible to do something with the voice acting. If I find where the solution is, I will unsubscribe. Sooner or later, there will be a solution.

B
Bayaz 23.12.20

the standard solution is to buy the English version on a UK / US / EUR account ...

T
Timmy_Firefly 23.12.20

I would be grateful if you would post an English voiceover so that the menu and subtitles remain Russian.
I don't want to play voice acting. It is especially annoying that since they made a high price, then make a choice of language. The same bullshit with BO3.

M
ManiacFPS 23.12.20

Bayaz
and how can such an account be made?

K
Kerlin 23.12.20

ManiacFPS
You can register through a proxy. Or you can just buy a key in one of the online stores if it is marked that there is a region free multilanguage version.

M
ManiacFPS 23.12.20

Kerlin
I already added) but the price in this case becomes even more fabulous, instead of 2 rubles 5, and for the ultimate version 10 xD for the sake of the language I think it's not worth it ....
ps. oddly enough, but online stores, such as plat.ru, do not have these keys for this game, although I remember there were such ones sold ..

B
Bayaz 23.12.20

ManiacFPS
It seems like you can register a US account without any proxy.

The problem will be the same as with the XBOX US account - how to buy games)) Cards from Russia are not taken, Russian PayPal is not taken, nothing is taken))

There are 2 ways - recharge cards (Gift Cards / Game Cards) of the corresponding country or keys activation of the game (also sold sometimes).

With Origin, everything is really bad ... no cards, no keys ... I'm looking here.

B
Bayaz 23.12.20

a friend just bought me in America ... in the English version, during installation, you can select ANY language, including Russian, Chinese, etc. ...

I hate EA

M
ManiacFPS 23.12.20

Bayaz
is understandable, I looked yesterday how much the English version costs and transferred 5 rubles to our grandmas, for the regular version, no thanks)

A
Andrey Shunin 23.12.20

This is tough, of course, I have the same troubles with fifuli all the time, it just pisses off Russian. localization

K
Kerlin 23.12.20

And so there are two solutions

# 1
In C: Users Username Documents STAR WARS Battlefront settings there is a ProfileOptions_profile file, open it with a text editor. The topmost line "GstAudio.AudioLanguage 5862530" - in the Russian version and "GstAudio.AudioLanguage 5861806" in the settings from the beta. Change 5862530 to 5861806 and save. We go into the game and get Russian text + English voice acting.

Found # 2 on reddit, and that's where the idea for # 1 came from

! Since method number 1 works for me in 100% of cases, method number 2 is not recommended to be used, as it is long and inconvenient, and one person had problems with the return of the Russian text!

1. Switch the game to the Polish version
2. Go to the menu, set the voice acting language to English, close the game
3. Choose the Russian version.

As a result, we should get the same thing. But! when you change the sound settings, the sound setting flies. To fix this, we use method number 1.

A
Andrey Shunin 23.12.20

Kerlin The
second way, as I understand it, is 50 to 50?

K
Kerlin 23.12.20

Andrey Shunin The
second works 100%, I even switched to Russian voice acting later, but I was able to return the English one simply by changing the numbers in the file. So I thought that I could just change them from the very beginning. Try it all of a sudden, I don't know if origin can download something for the Polish version, but I haven't noticed any changes in the files.

A
Andrey Shunin 23.12.20

Kerlin
I can't try it yet, I haven't bought it yet)

So, do you think that you can avoid editing files?

K
Kerlin 23.12.20

Andrey Shunin
The file does not need to be edited for method # 2, but it takes longer. ProfileOptions_profile is just a game settings file, there you can set a non-standard resolution, fine-tune the graphics, etc. Yesterday I had an idea to edit it, but I did not know where to get the English voice acting code, and then I found a way to switch to the Polish version and it worked. Then I compared the language code for English. voiceovers in the Polish version and for the settings file from the beta, which also had English - they are identical. So I thought it would be easier to change the file right away than to switch versions of the game, especially if you consider that when you change the settings in the Russian version, the voice acting setting flies. After I lost it for the first time, I no longer switched to the Polish version, but just edited the file, that's all, I got back the English voice acting.

A
Andrey Shunin 23.12.20

Kerlin Got it
, thanks

b
baiok007 23.12.20

Kerlin
thank you very much kind person. works. everything is calm and rosy in my world again. and you a plus sign

K
Kerlin 23.12.20

baiok007
Not at all. May I ask which method did you use 1 or 2?

v
vitek10007 23.12.20

Please help me what to do with this problem "unstable connection to the server may affect the game" and frames drop to 1

b
baiok007 23.12.20

Kerlin