3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Pakc666 23.12.20 06:02 am

Slowing down time (No Man's Sky)

Guys, I already realized that the game is still disgusting optimization, but reading the problems of people I noticed that there was no one like me, so tell me!

In general, the game works for me without jerking, but after a few minutes of playing it literally slows down. That is, it seems to be slowed down. At the same time, FPS remains the same as it was 30 (maximum), but the player starts to run slower, and walks almost like a turtle. The game just slows down. Why, again, optimization, or you need to screw something up.

My computer is not top, but not quite a bucket either.
Core i5, 8 Gb RAM, GTX650Ti.1Gb.

If such a work of norms, then is not it so with me alone? And why does this not start right away? And it doesn't matter if I walk on one planet, on several, or just fly in space. 15 to 30 minutes of play and starts to slow down gradually. And then it slows down so much that it seems that it will stop now. In this case, the frame rate is not violated, there is no jerking.
29 Comments
Sort by:
P
Pakc666 23.12.20

Thinkfir
No, the cooling system is definitely not. I have an airplane turbine there, I bought it with a margin for the future. Shit so that my feet are cold :) And the resolution does not help either. More precisely, yes, it helps, maybe, but the game at startup already works fine and the change of resolution is not visually felt. And after 30 minutes it is still slowing down.

T
Thinkfir 23.12.20

Pakc666
then try putting an experimental patch. Maybe it will help

t
tesla707 23.12.20

Pakc666 wrote:
in which cache the place can be clogged,
I did not work very much with opengl, therefore I am not strong in all its intricacies. Most likely, if you focus on the principle of operation of DirectX, then this is a frame output buffer. The point is that while the next frame is being processed (trigger at position 1), the previous processed one, after its output, must be reset (trigger at position 0). If for some reason the previous frame did not reset, respectively, the memory was not freed, a stack overflow started and garbage begins to accumulate in memory, clock by clock.

how to fix? Well, debug the process in debug mode, you need the source code.

O
Olezha_Kerch 23.12.20

Pakc666
Check the size of your paging file. My game eats more than 7 GB (although the repack of the curve can) and the swap file is not loaded immediately by 7 GB, but gradually. Maybe as it loads, you hit a ceiling and slow down? It is recommended to set 2 times more RAM than yours. I have 16 GB, respectively, and all the rules)
+ Also install the third patch, it really helped me. Before the patch, I had 25-30 fps with minimal settings and percent (AMD Athlon II X4 640 3.00 GHz) just hung up, croaked the sound, etc. etc. Now, with drawdowns below 45, it does not fall, mainly 55-60 and almost everything is at the maximum (middle shadows, anisotropic 4). Vidyakha, however, is more productive than yours, but, as practice has shown, it plays less role here.

P
Pakc666 23.12.20

Olezha_Kerch
Thank you for your answer. I didn't even think about the swap file :) I'll try. Well, I'll put a patch, if I find it, while I'm playing on a pirate, the toad strangles for this MASTERPIECE to give as much as I gave for GTA. I'm waiting for when they finish at least 70% of what they promised in the trailers and reduce the price to at least the level of the Elite (1499). I know it's a long time to wait, but judging by version 1.0.3, this game is not worth the money so far.

z
z_ZEPHYR_z 23.12.20

Pakc666
The problem is that the CPU overheats
Either vidyuha
Although if the vidyuhi overheats there would be other problems
But I do not exclude the possibility that this may be due to vidyuhi
Try to clean the cooler, or even replace it, if possible

P
Pakc666 23.12.20

z_ZEPHYR_z
This question has already been raised, everything is fine with the cooling system. Plus - there is no other game or program with which such problems would be observed.

b
bloodass 23.12.20

Install AIDA64. When the raskobass begins in the game, go to Hades, in the "Computer / Sensors" section, the CPU temperature, see what is written there. I have the same problem, only one core remains to work, and the rest in shock (225 ° C) are simply chopped off, I have to reboot. Maybe you should wait until the next update?

P
Pakc666 23.12.20

Vitek Kirillov
I think yes, this jamb should be fixed, although I'm still inclined to try to increase the paging file.