3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dartflame 24.12.20 01:07 am

Perales Quest - Mayor and Wife (spoilers possible) (Cyberpunk 2077)

Probably the biggest disappointment in the game for me was this branch. There, such an entry is interesting - some kind of secret force controls the mayor's life, rewrites his personality ... and everything just ended halfway. In the end, so we fucking did not find who did it. Until recently, I hoped that there would be some kind of denouement, but it was not (I hope at least the DLC will not forget ...
36 Comments
Sort by:
J
JohnnyMraz 30.12.20

It's funny, but in my opinion three quest lines interact with this story of brainwashing in Night City.
The first, of course, is the quest with the Peralis. With a certain organization skins blue-eyed man in the lead roles.
The second quest with Sandra (The X-Files) in which, if you break into a databank, you can find out that someone is conducting experiments on personality change using an idiot on small corporate employees in order to further apply this method for "purposes". In a conversation with her, if you admit that you have read the contents of the bank, it will become clear that she pulled this information from the Knight Corp. databases.
And the third, although far-fetched, but with the prophet Gary. If you filter his crap, then there are also direct references to certain forces that are going to control everyone precisely through a change in personality. And in the end, people with blue eyes take him away.
Well, the very murder of the past mayor looks more like the handiwork of some other force than a murder by an assistant. Yet they killed him with a virus through braindance. Although before that they tried to eliminate him with cyberpsychology. And as we know, people go crazy from influencing them through implants (V himself has such a demon, if you pump into a netraner and create this perfect script), it's just good ground to believe that this is an attempt by an AI to influence the world from the network.

For me, the developers have muddied some interesting topic with this world conspiracy in Night City, the blue-eyed man and the skins, but they did not finish it to the end (or we are simply missing something else). Maybe there really will be some kind of DLS with the solution of this world conspiracy.

P.S. maybe someone else noticed something interesting on this topic?

e
ej1k0r 30.12.20

If you go deeply, then the theme of a global conspiracy can be traced from the very beginning of the storyline, namely from the murder of Saburo Arasaki. What's on him?
If we carry out orders in the city center and in the Glen, then we learn that Arasaka ordered attacks on herself using the Melee-Tek weapon. Moreover, she is preparing for a big war for total domination not only in Night City, but throughout the world. In another order, we learn that fixers often support both sides of the conflict and as soon as one begins to win, they weaken it.
So that's it. Arasaki's plans for domination could only be undermined in one way - by beheading her. To do this, Yorinobu merges information about the biochip that he is stealing (by the way, why did Yorinobu need it, except to annoy his father, I still don't understand). Saburo dies and a crisis begins in the corporation, which in many endings leads to a deep crisis for Arasaki, almost collapse. What was it all for? Apparently to achieve a certain balance - a new mayor with new "progressive" views, the absence of a monopoly of any corporation, some changes on the Web (this is more difficult)

(picture with a man explaining conspiracy theories)

J
JohnnyMraz 30.12.20

ej1k0r
If we take the ending for Arasaka, then Yerinobu repents before defeat (indirectly) that it was his doing. Those. he deliberately escalates the tension between Mili-Tek and Arasaka. He, it seems, in his youth, decided to go against the system by gathering a gang and having suffered defeat "came up with" a brilliant plan to destroy the system from the inside. In the same place, in the same ending, while you are being "treated" in the news, Saburo is cleverly establishing relations with his competitor and the tension between them subsides. I think that all these actions to upset the balance and attempts to unleash a new war between the corpses is Yerinobu's plan to destroy the system, because the destruction of Arasaki's tower Johnny made it clear that in this way the symbol (Arasaku, corpses, the system) cannot be destroyed.

And so the topic of conspiracy and the truth slips in a couple of moments. For example, in the Voodoo quests, they themselves and the Network Watch make it clear that the Black Shield is not able to cope with the protection of the Network, and if the Voodooists "see" the victory of the Wild Acts imminent and want to join the winners (i.e., the AI), then the Watch, on the contrary, complains ( The agent in the mall tells us) that their work is underestimated and they tear fifth points there, preventing terrible things from tearing from the other side. Yes, Alt also dives behind the Black Screen more than once during the game. And if Delamein is united with his personalities, then he will just as easily BAM and dump for the Barrier ...
By the way, with the same first quest of the Perales, in a conversation with River, you can choose the option to the question "who is behind the murder of the mayor?" some other forces.

w
warr1or2 30.12.20

Look on YouTube about Mr. blue-eyed, there are such conspiracy theories, in general it is interesting

e
ej1k0r 30.12.20

JohnnyMraz
This is exactly the ending for Arasaka the least likely if you choose one (although it can compete with suicide). It is not for nothing that the attitude of our party members changes in the conversation after the credits. Everything was on Saburo, it was not for nothing that he was nicknamed the Emperor. No Saburo - no Arasaki. And hacking Mikoshi just confirms the theory about wild AIs, because the data of the most influential people in the world will only help them get behind the Barrier (and Alt is now AI), as well as gain access to Arasaki's internal data
So, if you look in general, then V turned out to be a very flexible performer in all aspects, relying on only one strongest motivation - to survive

J
JohnnyMraz 30.12.20

ej1k0r
I'm also a little uncomfortable with the fact that, in an effort to survive, he is ready to give literally the whole world into the hands of corpses or arks from the Barrier. Such a driving force, which by its actions changes the balance of forces by one or two, and all that moves it is to survive. There is either a not very well thought-out plot or a well-prepared ground for some second part, which V will then rake behind him all the shit that he arranged in the world :)

e
ej1k0r 30.12.20

JohnnyMraz
I agree) Moreover, regardless of the ending, someone overly important can come and say something like "we will give you a new body, and you will save us the world again." Sounds like a plot for a big DLS)

W
Warrior of Morgoth 01.01.21

Dartflame
DLC, we are waiting for DLC. After the story, he calls V. So we look forward to continuing.

G
Grimganga 05.01.21

I went wrong for 120 hours in the game.

D
Derley 05.01.21

The quest is very much in the spirit of cyberpunk, a genre associated with hopelessness, hopelessness, and he is not presented as a messiah, but just solving his local meager problems. And in any case, he does not participate in big politics, no matter what he chooses. Consumable, pawn

D
Dartflame 07.01.21

Grimganga
I also watched this vidos

V
Vasily Latkin 07.01.21

Wyss
, Johnny told me that even despite the possibility of putting the Peralles under attack, it is necessary to deal with these people, probably you just answered wrong somewhere. But all the same, the story ended with the fact that he passed out, and my wife blocked me. xs what will be next

a
ama1mask 07.01.21

At the beginning of the call from an unknown person, for a split second, instead of a question mark, I had a picture of Elizabeth. Also, in the credits, Jefferson says that he suspects Elizabeth, since she gives him strange pills, etc. Is it possible that this unknown person working with Mr. Blue Eyes for the Knight Corporation is Elizabeth?

W
WarlokIII 12.01.21

Blue-eyed - Gunther O'Dim)
DLC we are waiting. It was not for nothing that Ciri talked about the world with people with iron in their heads, and for some reason one branch of skills is not active, but just shakes. There will be a branch with unique skills, as in the same "Blood and Wine"

a
atmaROZ 22.02.21

Vasily Latkin
It all worked out for me too. The only quest that is really cool but blows away so badly

D
Denis g 28.02.21

I don't know who is hoping for what, but it is quite obvious that this is another path to nowhere, of which there are plenty in every raw and unfinished game. And somehow it is hard to believe that there will be some developments in the DLC, if they, in turn, will themselves.
At first it seemed, of course, that it was some kind of parody trash, like the Truth missions from San Andreas. But no, there really was a parody and banter with references, it's just something incomprehensible. A quest for a reward, which does not reveal itself or any story, and is in no way connected with anything.
At the same time, many fans of the game cite him as an example as one of the best. Even nothing to add.