3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mes_360 24.12.20 01:37 am

Specific question about cooldown in game (Mass Effect 3)

Good day, recently I seriously asked myself one question, which I noticed for a long time, namely, how do they reload weapons in ME2 and 3? Yes - there is a reload, yes - in its process something flies out of the gun, BUT! Where is the moment when the charge is inserted into the weapon? With what do they shoot if the charge is just coming out? Shotguns and pistols simply jerk the bolt, assault rifles just slap. However, something similar, already similar to reloading, happens with heavy guns - the player first inserts something into the weapon, thereby ejecting the old charge, and only after that twitches the bolt, but what's the catch - what do they insert? At this moment, the heroes have nothing in their hands except weapons.
26 Comments
Sort by:
z
zagruzon 24.12.20

Mes_360
everything is written inside the game, my dear inattentive noob ......

A
Aonir 24.12.20

Too many words "twist" and "insert" ...

S
Setesh 24.12.20

someone does not read the code in the game, oh yes, there are a lot of letters

C
Caer 24.12.20

The case when during the game you twist and insert, and nothing but ...

M
MunchkiN 616 24.12.20

that's after all. we didn’t make an animation when shepard fumbles thermal charges in his pants and loads them one by one, rolls them up and closes the shutter.

D
Destroyer208 24.12.20

Kaer
To the point)

S
SaIIIa 24.12.20

I do not understand, but what about the guy so angry? the question is logical. Why are you pushing everything into the code? I read your code. Thermal charges are the same cartridges. Only they can still be cooled and reused, but even with that, it's a bummer in the game, because the incandescent thermal charges ARE NOT COOLED, BUT STALLY DISCHARGED BY ALL. As if this is not a thermal charge capable of new shots after a short cooling, but some kind of blunt cartridge case from a conventional gunpowder weapon. This is written in your favorite codex, comrades fapateli on the code. Why the hell are thermal charges not cooled and reused if the code says that they can be cooled and shoved into the gun again? Well, and the question about "pushing" - the Shepard really does not push anything into the gun, but constantly throws out these thermal charges from there. And where do the new thermal charges come from in the gun? Are they generated by themselves? Why, during the break between battles, the thermal charges IN THE PUSHKA do not cool down and do not give more cartridges over time, namely, it is fixed how much is left after firing - you will have that much in 20 minutes if you do not shoot. What the hell, the thermal charge should be cooled! If after the battle there are 5 shots left, then wait 20 minutes, the thermal charge will cool down and will be ready again for a full clip of shots. Is not it? Isn't this shit so clearly described in your code, dears? If after the battle there are 5 shots left, then wait 20 minutes, the thermal charge will cool down and will be ready again for a full clip of shots. Is not it? Isn't this shit so clearly described in your code, dears? If after the battle there are 5 shots left, then wait 20 minutes, the thermal charge will cool down and will be ready again for a full clip of shots. Is not it? Isn't this shit so clearly described in your code, dears?

S
SaIIIa 24.12.20

zagruzon
them * I am not spelled out inside the game, one pathos and a kindergarten.

S
SaIIIa 24.12.20

why minus?

R
Ricch 24.12.20

SaIIIa
why minus?
You wrote this in vain, oh in vain ...

M
MunchkiN 616 24.12.20

SaIIIa
Shepard is in a hurry. he has no time to wait when his thermo charges cool down.
and if it is so likely to cool down, let's say an aluminum cast or steel - for a long time. a couple of minutes before you can take her hands again. by this moment the Shepard will shoot everyone and run away or complete the mission.
and so the animation consists in the fact that the shepard slaps at the place where the shop usually at the machines. with the same success, he will not get stuck behind thermo charges and boxes.
And finally, no one is particularly interested in the fact that he actually has a lot of bullets, but they are not endless and he also does not fumble with ammunition in addition, or there are some batteries to drive current at zero element.

C
Caer 24.12.20

SaIIIa
You haven't read the code.

C
Caer 24.12.20

http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%A2%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BC%D0%BE%D0%B7%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%8F % D0% B4% D1% 8B

http://ru.masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BA%D1%81/%D0% 9E% D1% 80% D1% 83% D0% B6% D0% B8% D0% B5, _% D0% B1% D1% 80% D0% BE% D0% BD% D1% 8F, _% D0% B8_% D1% 81% D0% BD% D0% B0% D1% 80% D1% 8F% D0% B6% D0% B5% D0% BD% D0% B8% D0% B5 _ (% D0% B4% D0% BE% D0 % BF% D0% BE% D0% BB% D0% BD% D0% B8% D1% 82% D0% B5% D0% BB% D1% 8C% D0% BD% D1% 8B% D0% B5)

S
SaIIIa 24.12.20

Kaer
what you slipped me is not a code. It's just the writings of players and ordinary people. Right now, too, I can write a bunch of everything there, and what will happen, am I writing a code or what? The code was written by the developers, it is in the game in the menu. There are no sentences in the code beginning with the words "Apparently ...". It's just an encyclopedia written by casual players. And they are not developers. Therefore, there is everywhere infa about "apparently", "probably" and other nonsense.

S
SaIIIa 24.12.20

MunchkiN 616
you do not understand. I'm talking about the gameplay moment, when in one room there was no waste of water, you DID NOT CHANGE the thermal charge in the gun, but you just run forward, the gun behind your back. Then you take it again - and you still have an overheated thermal charge in the gun. Shouldn't he cool down during this time ?! Themselves wrote that it is a RADIATOR. The point of a radiator is to give off heat. Well, why are you guys really stupid or what?)

s
saa0891 24.12.20

SaIIIa

Come on, you never know the jambs, the developers just screwed up and didn’t cut the normal reloading animation, but why in the first part the weapon didn’t reload and it’s fine.

M
MunchkiN 616 24.12.20

SaIIIa
imagine a cigarette lighter in a car. in some kind of Zhiguli
you pressed it like that - chpok and leaned out when
you wanted him hot again - and he no longer climbs back again jumps out.
Throw it into the snow, it will cool down there again, you can heat it up. only then this one fires back and flies out of the gun immediately so that it does not overheat so that the barrel or something does not melt there.
the radiator has a slightly different principle, it does not dump the device when the heat capacity ends, but tries to dissipate heat into the environment.
I don't remember literally what was said in the code. such as while the Shepard was lying dead, they decided to re-equip so that it was more like a joker and to send more lead non-stop without waiting for something there to cool down. and it says that you can reuse it, but in the game such a gameplay feature is not implemented. it can be assumed that the shells lying generously underfoot are as a rule and there are those shot thermo charges.
if you think so to dream up the meaning, then this is what, for example, in space and at low pressure it is very problematic to cool something. it is easier to either dump the overheated ballast or evaporate the heat with some kind of electronic jet, which is much more difficult and still has a lot of disadvantages.

T
Tiger goose 24.12.20

Mes_360 wrote:
BUT! Where is the moment when the charge is inserted into the weapon?
It's simple. Thermal charges are everywhere in games. As soon as Shepard "steps" on them, they are automatically picked up. There are simply no pick-up and drop-in animations.

I
ImKabachok 24.12.20

SaIIIa
I somehow got on the wiki on the mass effect, there I read the principle of the weapon.
- During the first part, the weapon was cooled by one radiator right during the battle, the design simply did not take into account the possibility of changing the cooling cell, and overheating was tolerable. Then the humans met the geth with high-velocity weapons that easily overloaded human shields. So the first partner in the game was overwhelmed.
--In the second part, we see the consequences of the arms race in terms of increasing the rate of fire. With the increase in the speed of the shots, the energy that needs to be diverted also increased. The development of power cells could not fully cover the need for heat dissipation. So they began to throw away the energy cells, overloading them to the limit in advance. This is backing.
- It is possible that cells, like batteries, cannot cool down when completely depleted. Some chemical process is satiated. But these are my assumptions. In fact, the change of cells was introduced precisely in order to increase the dynamics of the game. But you're right, in an amicable way, the charge should be replenished a little, unless, of course, the cells do not work on a consumable basis. I mean, some substance in the cells perfectly absorbs heat and an irreversible chemical reaction with heat absorption occurs. Then replenishment should not occur. But the radiator remained ...
- I think it was worthwhile for the developers, instead of coming to the usual cartridge mechanics, to combine the mechanics of 1 and 2 parts. It would be unusual and interesting. Moreover, in the wiki itself it is written that experienced fighters are able to overload the cooler to such an extent that when removing it you can use it as a grenade ... if you manage to throw it before the explosion =) this is not fully implemented in the game. If you look closely, the grenades flying at the player are thermocells = D But no one overloads them before throwing them and there are no misfires either.
- What else is interesting ... In 3 parts you can find an old-style rifle on the cooling cells. But paradoxically, it proves to be quite effective, given the evolution of the rate of fire and cooling race. It's not logical, but just for fun, as I understand it.
- And now about the cartridges. Weapons in the mass effect work on the Gaussian principle - on the electromagnetic acceleration of small pieces of a bar-material. The material could be different, it could be openly customized in 1 part. In the second, it is configured with the ability to modify cartridges (incendiary, biotic). Apparently, when the ability is activated, the character transfers the weapon from one material to another. Theoretically, these bars need to be replaced, but in practice the consumption is so small that it rarely comes to this.

S
SaIIIa 24.12.20

ImKabachok
in the third part yes, we meet old-style weapons that do not require thermal charges, but simply have a built-in radiator. And what would you think? EVERYBODY WALKS WITH THIS GUN ONLINE. This is what the developers' idea for the first mass effect means, and what are the ideas for the subsequent mass effects, where the developers followed the lead of the "cool" and decided to make cannons with cartridges, like "this is so cool, we have a SHUTOR!" Well, they got the fuck, the first mass effect was much better than the subsequent ones. Even the ideas with weapons were better, even the weapons themselves are better, because they have an infinite supply. How did the fucking military in this fictional universe come up with the idea of ​​replacing weapons with endless cartridges with weapons for which you SHOULD SEEK CARTRIDGES? This is complete fucking.