3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
-
-SK.art- 26.12.20 01:21 am

Corps: discussion and choice v.2 [x]

In this thread, we select the case of the system unit.

247 Comments
Sort by:
R
Rewers v.01 26.12.20

exlipse88
full tower- still need to push something, these cases are not big, they are HUGE !!!!

R
Rewers v.01 26.12.20

In general, Full cases, refer to full-size cases, in most cases such a layout is superfluous, filling the internal space, it will not be cheap, in a word it will fly out a penny, and it makes no sense to take a case and have it half-empty, it makes no sense, mostly for SLI or CROSSFIRE , for installing 2 or more large-sized video cards, when installing a large, or rather a huge cooler for the cooling system of the processor or processors. And in general, this size is closer to servers, and not gaming systems.

-
-SK.art- 26.12.20

and it makes

no sense to take a case and have it half-empty , because in such cases, as a rule, cooling is better organized than in cases of the usual form factor.

R
Rewers v.01 26.12.20

-Sergey Viktorovich- What
does the best cooling have to do with it? If we take it only because of this, then why take a full-size case? Miditower cases have up to 8 additional fans, where even further, if there are already 8 additional fans. and 2 main ones cannot cope, then dropsy is needed here, it's not about cooling, it's about the space for installing additional equipment.

T
The_apathy 26.12.20

Rewers v.01
I actually take for a possible cross from 7970. And they are not very cold. Although I got the maximum temperature in overclocking to 67. And for better cooling. There are more places in them, respectively, the ventilation is better, and the wires interfere well And the cooler can be better delivered.

-
-SK.art- 26.12.20

Rewers v.01 What
does the best cooling have to do with it? If we take it only because of this, then why take a full-size case?

well, let's say, not only because of this. For example, because of the ease of assembly. In large cases, it is very spacious and convenient to assemble the kit.
I would not mind a HAF-X coffin.

R
Rewers v.01 26.12.20

-Sergey Viktorovich-
The assembly in such coffins does not present any inconvenience. That the truth is true, the assembly is reduced to a minimum, everything is done in them at the highest level, even the keyboard with a mouse is where to hide. But if I limit myself to 2 hard drives. cooler, and a motherboard with 2 two cards, then I have enough space in abundance, the third video card, in principle, for two slots. I can put it without problems, there is enough space. And I stuck a couple of screws, there is still room for additional ones. In general, such monsters are not for everyone, Half-empty will not look so full anyway, and if in addition, the side panel is transparent.

T
The_apathy 26.12.20

Rewers v.01
What's wrong with it being half-empty? Cooling will be good, it will be better to hide the wires. Again, it's easier to assemble. And not like I installed the video card now, when I had to rearrange the hard drive, hell knows where and already you can't put a second hard drive or ssd. And the second video card won't fit again.

-
-SK.art- 26.12.20

Rewers v.01
half-empty will not look like this anyway.

You will not believe it as full , but I absolutely do not care how it will look.) I take the case not for show-off in front of friends, but for myself. The main thing is that I am satisfied ..

R
Rewers v.01 26.12.20

Dovakin997
On the example of X PREDATOR X3, the case is not full-sized, but Miditower. The internal space allows you to install 8 (how many?) Hard drives, motherboard (305 x 244 mm), the ability to install 3 full-size video cards, one lower even three-slot can most likely be installed, a cooler The Gammax 400 got up without any problems (you can also hook the second fan on it, there is enough space) and notice all this Miditower and not Bigtower. There is plenty of space in it, there is still space for attaching 8 more additional fans, having 2 basic ones.

R
Rewers v.01 26.12.20

-Sergey Viktorovich-
I'm not about the fact that one layout is worse or better than the other, I'm about the expediency of acquiring a full-size layout, and here you are right, you choose for yourself first of all. I am interested in one thing, about the expediency of installing as many additional equipment. stated in the documentation, if you can get by with much less?

g
gatcun7 26.12.20

what can you say about the Zalman Z5 plus?

-
-SK.art- 26.12.20

gatcun7 is

an excellent case for its price.

N
Nick heidfeld 26.12.20

gatcun7
what can you say about the Zalman Z5 plus?
I have this, even with 3 standard valves, the temperature is almost like that of an open stand,
if you fill in all the places for fans, like mine, then exactly like an open stand!
+ any video card gets up

g
gatcun7 26.12.20

thank you very much

T
TotalEnField 26.12.20

I'm going to take the Asus TA9L1 case. I want to know the opinion of knowledgeable people - ok, or not ok? I will consider alternatives at a similar price.

50GB 26.12.20

TotalEnField
What nasty thing , have you even seen it inside? Choose from Zalman something for such a price

D
DartMaul 26.12.20

TotalEnField Steel
body is of course stronger than aluminum, but there is absolutely no need for this. And besides strength, steel also affects weight and price.

In general, the case is chosen according to the presence of the required number of expansion slots (for hard drives, etc.), in size (so that, for example, a long video card and a mat of non-standard sizes can fit), according to the presence on the "face" of the necessary outputs (audio jacks, USB and other), the presence of a power supply (but since I have not yet seen a single case with a decent power supply unit on board, I would recommend looking without a power supply unit), by its size (but for that kind of money you will not get a Full tower, so midi tower is most likely the maximum), well, and in appearance (color, lighting, shape)

Decide at least some of these criteria, and the choice will become easier.

T
TotalEnField 26.12.20

DartMaul
Thanks, but I know how to choose the case. I just wanted to find out if you never know someone here has one and he can tell about him.
PS Yes, and a friend is going to take the corps, so these are his problems.
PPS I already ordered a Zalman Z9 +.

S
Spartak_13 26.12.20

People need a good midi-tower case. Up to 5.5 thousand rub. It can be cheaper. So that any single-chip card can stand.