3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
M
Mewel 26.12.20 01:51 am

What is your impression of the System Shock alpha demo? (System Shock)

What is your impression of the alpha demo?
I am very satisfied!
Very stylish and atmospheric.
Only the orchestral music was not pleasant.
I really look forward to the continuation. Even in spite of the somewhat inadequate system requirements, 30 fps on the GTX 660. But these are all trifles.
Most of us played the second part in 1999-2000 without knowing what the optimal FPS is :)
I think the optimization will be tightened up. The main thing is that the game is doomed to success.
And not by tanning System Shock 3 and possibly a remake of the great 2nd part.

Uploaded some screenshots.
Spoiler

16 Comments
Sort by:
N
Noob Inquisitor 26.12.20

How to participate in alpha at all?

A
AesmaDiv 26.12.20

Inquisitor of noobs
The incentive has a demo version.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/482400/

M
Mewel 26.12.20

Noob Inquisitor

N
Noob Inquisitor 26.12.20

AesmaDiv
Mewel
Thanks guys.

N
Noob Inquisitor 26.12.20

Igruha is quite normal. Optimizon is not very good, but it will do for pre-alpha. They will screw it up to the release and then everything will be hurt)

f
fog666666 26.12.20

thing

N
NPhysicist 26.12.20

Yes, everyone is talking about orchestral music. I can hardly understand how they even came up with the idea to use it for SS.

Everything looks beautiful, it is very unusual to see the "Citadel" in this form) And there are still many potentially more spectacular places ahead: ship hangars (5th deck), greenhouses (6th deck), a huge hall with a tower with access to the captain's bridge ( 8th deck).

I didn't like the fact that the energy pistol now shoots in two modes. In the original, all energy weapons had an energy slider and could overheat. In general, I am not happy that in the Kickstarter campaign "types of cartridges" were taken out as a target for growth. It should be in the game without question, since this is one of the important game mechanics of the original.

The interface is still difficult to evaluate, since of all objects and software, only honey works.

The reworked briefing from Rebecca, SHODAN's greeting, and the lack of logs where they were, I will blame on the costs of the demo.

555mafiozzo555 26.12.20

NPhysicist
In the original, the blaster also had 2 modes. Strong but costly and slow. And weak, but rapid-fire.
The demo itself is a bomb, I'm looking forward to the full one. Optimization is excellent 40-50 fps for pre-alpha which is great. The alpha of the new Hitman produced 5-10 fps, and the final one was 30-40. So I hope that the final version of Shock will be stable at 60 fps.

N
NPhysicist 26.12.20

555mafiozzo555
No, you are confusing something, there was exactly a slider with 64 positions (from 6 to 36 damage for Sparq Beam) + overload mode (damage 60 - numbers from here: https://www.systemshock.org/index.php ? topic = 1744.0). Here is a screenshot of this gun:

555mafiozzo555 26.12.20

NPhysicist
Fir trees are burning, exactly. There was a slider. Forgot, weary

N
NPhysicist 26.12.20

Alpha has been updated, now you can use all items from the inventory. The Berserker's patch comes with visuals just like the original; grenades explode colorfully - I would see Earthshaker in action :)

M
Mewel 26.12.20

NPhysicist
Great news. I already thought. that's all. And the demo was not extended?

B
BioGen 26.12.20

As if I went back in time, an indescribable feeling

N
NPhysicist 26.12.20

Mewel
Yes, it seems that they are not going to delete it, they will update it again. This beta will be closed to backers of $ 75 and up.

M
Mewel 26.12.20

NPhysicist
sucks. I dropped less than 75 bucks :(

R
RomanTough 26.12.20

Mewel is
an absolute remaster, I'm waiting for it to come out