3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Artem wice 27.12.20 08:34 am

The temperature of the video card is high, but in fact it is cold

Good evening everyone.
There was a problem ... I returned the PC for repair, the hard drive was on fire, the hard drive was changed, it was brought in with a new Windows 7 (clean), and such a story - I downloaded MSI Afterburner, and noticed that without running applications, just on the PC just turned on, the temperature The GPU is on average 50C, I turn on the browser, the temperature rises to 90-100C, and if I start any game on the PC, then the PC immediately apparently goes into protection, because the temperature exceeds 105C, and the monitor just goes out - (No signal, transition to power saving mode). And the PC itself continues to work. I touched the video card, everything is in order, it is not hot at all, you can simply say cold. I removed the video driver, the temperature does not jump at all, I put a new driver, the latest one, the same thing repeats ...
Video card - Nvidia GeForce GTX 650
Perhaps someone had such a story, please do not suggest options, such as look at the thermal paste, clean the cooler, etc. Because the video card does not heat up !!! It's just as if the temperature is not being shown ...
32 Comments
Sort by:
m
morion2 27.12.20

Artem Wice
What exactly are you touching on the video card? If you touch a piece of iron and it is cold, it means that it does not tightly attach the video card to the processor and because of this, the GPU overheats, maybe the radiator (piece of iron) was just badly attached to me 1 time.

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

morion2 In general, the video card is completely all cold, not heated at all ...

m
morion2 27.12.20

Artem Wice
Apparently the repairers have done something, for example, if they were still cleaning the computer from dust, then they probably took it apart, they just touched something badly or some kind of software problems I knew about.

n
nikita2112 27.12.20

If the monitor goes out, then the video card is still overheating. And a cold cooler means that it is not adjacent to the GPU. So check the thermal grease and the cooler.

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

nikita2112
Right now I'll try, for now I update to VIN 10 7

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

nikita2112
There is no thermal paste just now ..

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

nikita2112
Here is my video card, what may not fit there? He took it out, looked, everything seemed to be tight ..

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

you need to touch where the chip soldering is visible on the upper part if the card is really heated to 100 degrees PeK's finger will feel it.
and so it is more likely that this is either a chip blade or loose contact with the cooling system. maybe a sensor error, but not likely.

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

MunchkiN 616 wrote:
either loose contact with the system
How to fix it? Unscrew the screws from the back? And screw it back

K
Kraicher 27.12.20

Artem Wice
Actually, at such temperatures in idle time, I always first go to the Task Manager and see if the system is loaded or not. Maybe you brought the miner along with MSI Afterburner.
It should be like this.

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

Kraicher
No, the CPU is not loaded at all, it is the GPU that is loaded

M
MunchkiN 616 27.12.20

Artem Wice
may also be a miner. it can be suspected if the graphic will be loaded significantly in idle time. and you can watch it using MSI Afterburner. on the graph the activity of the GPU or a couple there and so on.
but with cooling, in principle, yes. you can visit it by unscrewing the bolts. or remove and completely replace the thermoplastic. if this card has been working for a long time. if recently it may be some kind of marriage.
but all this should be done after described above.
if nothing helps, then the card is a bunch.

K
Kraicher 27.12.20

Artem Wice
I calculated the miners through the task manager. But if everything is OK there, then the reason is different. But I would still go through Dr.Web CureIt.

V
VITYA_KOLYADENKO 27.12.20

Kraicher
If the miner uses vidyahu, then you need to know very well the processes in your system in order to find an extra one through the Manager.

K
Kraicher 27.12.20

VITYA_KOLYADENKO
The process, either steem (false), or cracked, will hang in the manager. And this process will not load 3-4%, but 30-50% and more. With the right button you mark and find the location, and delete. Miners usually hang in Program Data, in Roaming.

L
Listoman 27.12.20

On the vidyashka, the temperature sensor could be damaged, so the vidyakha goes into protection, but in fact it does not even heat up)

A
Artem wice 27.12.20

Kraicher
tomorrow I will watch vidyahu, I can not check the computer for viruses, the temperature rises, and the computer reboots ...

K
Kraicher 27.12.20

Artem Wice
Gimme Task Manager Skin (View running processes in Task Manager).

V
Vasek Vasekk 27.12.20

If the computer goes into reboot, it means that the thermal paste has boiled 100%. And I think the same way.
Now summer heat is a classic. The fact that you try a radiator is nonsense. Since it no longer removes heat.

You buy a thermal paste like Titan nanograce and you rub it on the chip with a thin layer.
Before that, thoroughly removing the old and clean polished radiator.

A thin layer - which almost passes into the gap - and even screwing the radiator without creeping 10 times.