3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
V
ViceScar 27.12.20 10:13 am

Endings (spoilers) (Spec Ops: The Line)

Here we discuss the endings.
222 Comments
Sort by:
B
Botponevole 27.12.20

How many are there?

S
SamNicko 27.12.20

I had 3 first where he commits suicide and there is a request for help from Konrad, the second and third endings in the epilogue, the first (let's say Aggressive) where he kills the soldiers who came to save him and he says on the radio: "Gentlemen, welcome to Dubai" and here they show the city of Dubai itself, and the second is where you hand over your weapons to the soldiers and the driver says to you: "Captain, we all saw how you managed to get through all this", and he answers them: "I did not manage to get through or I did not get through" and sands or dunes are shown.

T
Therakiel 27.12.20

t
tyurms 27.12.20

the game as a whole is normal, but I did not understand the meaning.

W
WiZyH4uK 27.12.20

After the end of the game, 2 questions arose: 1) Who had been in charge of the 33rd battalion all this time, if the colonel had (judging by his appearance) shot himself a long time ago? 2) Why did he shoot himself?
And on the topic, I think the only correct ending is where he leaves Dubai. A suicide and a shift in the brain was inserted in vain, because he was striving to the end for his goal, to save people, and to shoot those who came to save him .... nonsense. Even though he's already half a game ago, he began to slide off the reels) Apparently the fall from a skyscraper just didn't go away: D

P
Painter87 27.12.20

There is one more in the epilogue - if, during the resistance, the soldiers who came after him shoot him.

|
| SF | Elite 27.12.20

1.Why are we leaving in Konrad's jacket (or vest) in the epilogue? 2. Why at the end, when we shot ourselves, they show us dead, and Konrad talks about evacuation. So if he's been dead for a long time, how did we end up in his place and how did he send the message? 3.Our hero lost his mind?

W
WiZyH4uK 27.12.20

1) most likely just changed clothes, because the old one was all shot (it can be seen before the epilogue that there were traces of bullets in the bulletproof vest)
2) in my opinion this message was broadcast all this time, but for the place of this text the GG heard his own, as if Konrad was talking to him
3) yes, I don’t understood
it all IMHO

M
Master Chih 27.12.20

WiZyH4uK
1) This is real xs. Maybe Konrad gave general orders before he died.
2) I could not stand the guilt because of the death of 1000 people (like) whom he wanted to evacuate.

| SF | Elite
1) Captain Walker decided that Dubai was now under his protection and therefore donned the uniform of Colonel Konrad, the previous commander in chief. Balls for rollers ...
2) We are shown dead because we shot ourselves))
And about the message - the developers just repeated Konrad's signal from the beginning of the game, making it clear that nothing has changed. "The attempt to evacuate Dubai has failed, the losses are very high."
3) How.

WiZyH4uK
3) Walker went off the rails as soon as he accidentally burned those civilians with phosphorus. After all, it was after this scene that the "live" Conrad appeared.

W
WiZyH4uK 27.12.20

And exactly, Konrad tried to evacuate 1200 people with the elderly and children through the desert, everyone died, I remembered =)

o
oldman | 27.12.20

Damn, I could not understand in any way when it was possible to choose? For example, after I burned the inhabitants with phosphorus, I tried to go through again, but I did not have enough ammo to kill everyone with conventional weapons, so I had to shoot bombs. In general, there were quite a few moments, but I did not understand how to choose, the only time I remember it was the choice: either the CIA agent will burn (I don’t remember the name, but he stole water on trucks), or you shoot at him, but I didn’t spend a cartridge on him , well, I thought it would come in handy.
and at the end, they showed some of the actions that he had done, but showed so quickly that he did not see and remember everything (

d
dongat 27.12.20

oldman |
I also noticed a few such moments, but you missed a couple. First, when you first find yourself in a hotel and for the first time start killing the 33rd battalion, you meet some hostage, I don't remember who, you talk to him and he backs away, so you can shoot him. Second, when Konrad speaks to you for the first time, you go down and hang two people (one is a thief, and the other interrupted the whole family of the thief), and so you choose who to kill and who not, maybe you can even leave, I have not tried it. The third in the episode, when you save some CIA agent (the one who is the first, you still find a map with a gate with him, where you then burn everyone with phosphorus), and they tell you to either save the civilians or the CIA agent. Thank you for chewing the endings, but you can still chew them again and in more detail, I didn’t understand shit :(

d
dongat 27.12.20

And in general, what have the Americans forgotten in Dubai ???)))

W
WiZyH4uK 27.12.20

The actions taken during the game do not affect the endings, they are all chosen at the end of the game.
Although there may be some kind of secret fifth ending, for example, if you kill and put a bolt on everyone. (personally played for the buzz of the battle: D) ... but if you think about it, shooting people who came to save you is not a good guy quality: D so my idea is rejected (as I refuted myself)

-
-joker- 27.12.20

The endings were much more impressive than the game as a whole. And yes, all actions during the game do not affect how they do not, but the endings - this is the moral choice of everyone. And now on the shelves, as I understand it, Konrad shot himself a long time ago, due to the fact that he was stuck in Dubai, and the 33rd he lost control (theory). The 33rd himself was controlled by that DJ, since Konrad was dead, he was the one who leaked information to the fighters about where the GG was with the detachment. Now the CIA. Perhaps there weren't any agents? Perhaps these are the soldiers who began to play their game. You have noticed that the CIA's uniforms are no different from those of the 33rd Battalion soldiers. A blow with white phosphorus cannot be prevented and that is why GG starts to go crazy. Why does he hear exactly Konrad? Perhaps from the fact that the GG believed that it was Konrad who was behind this. Something like that. Correct if I'm wrong.

d
dongat 27.12.20

quite a bit, as I understand it, Konrad shot himself, because about 1000 people died, whom he wanted to evacuate.

-
-joker- 27.12.20

Exactly - exactly, he also reports that the losses are enormous.

s
shok415 27.12.20

there is also an ending if you engage in battle with the soldiers in the epilogue and let yourself be shot, they will show a video of how he lies on the ground and some kind of dialogue rushes through his head (again, it is not clear what the point is)

s
shok415 27.12.20

the plot is very twisted and did not understand anything in the end!

s
strelok94 27.12.20

and the role of the positive can be played in general? After all, the developers said that the game will have a difficult choice!