3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Brashnashla 01.01.21 04:34 am

Crash problem (graphics card) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Actually the subject. 780TI, I7-4790.
I just came to the first village and the game began to crash after a couple of minutes of the game. It crashes because of the video card. percent does not overheat (monitor- above 65 does not rise). I began to monitor the video card - it heats up, unpleasantly, 70 to 80 (when it was possible to play for more or less long), but not fatal. I went to dig into the logs using NVidia Inspector, it turned out that when the load on the card (GPU usage) reaches 100%, the game crashes, the other parameters are normal, except that the frequency is at maximum.
Moral: what to do about it and why is it happening?
Settings - high, fps - stable 60.
28 Comments
Sort by:
d
dimakozhanov 01.01.21

It looks like it crashes due to overheating of the vidyuha, apparently at a load of 100% vidyuha heats up more than 70-80 degrees.

M
MudrichenkO 01.01.21

And it seems to me not a video card, since mine is much weaker than yours, but my game has never crashed. Completed the game three times.
PC specifications: I5 - 4590 3.5 GHz, 8192 Gb RAM, GTX 750 Ti

d
dimakozhanov 01.01.21

-Dismal-
780TI, I7-4790 is a weak PC?, Why are you crazy.

A
Adamatist 01.01.21

you know what the problem is, but you don't solve it, but write to the forum where 99.9% of IT people sit (sarcasm)
ps find out the exact temperature and write to me in VK (see the profile id in the profile of pg)

I
Iasthope 01.01.21

I often crash on gtx980, writes that "the video driver has been restored"

B
Brashnashla 01.01.21

Smart beaver
Thank you, I'll try
dimakozhanov
No, it's definitely not overheating, the temperature is the first thing I thought, but everything is ok

b
burn the console 01.01.21

Brashnashla
Turn on vertical sync in the settings and there will be no 100 percent load, and try to play if there are no crashes then just play.

l
lookaway 01.01.21

my game starts to crash when I wind up the core frequency by +50 MHz in the afterburner. at stock or below +50 works fine.
as an option - reduce the frequency and voltage.

T
TimKar 01.01.21

Iasthope
when this pops up, it is 100% overheating.

d
dimakozhanov 01.01.21

Brashnashla
Do you just crash the game or give some kind of error?, For example, a video driver error.

B
Brashnashla 01.01.21

to burn the console
in the game or map settings? It's just that I couldn't find the daws for synchronization in the game
dimakozhanov
Not without an error, unfortunately. It just hangs, minimizes to tray, and then only ctrl-alt-delom is nailed. A couple of times I wrote a video driver error that it was restored, but only a couple of times

d
darkster 01.01.21

By the way, the problem may be in the wood, At one time NVIDIA had troubles with a GPU based on the Kepler architecture, which is why it heats up. I myself had this at 770, change the wood, try to put the old ones.

b

Brashnashla
The first tab of the video settings is in the game.

b

darkster
I have a load of 100 without vert-sync, with it 80 and the temperature is 10 degrees less.

s
shtromk 01.01.21

Brashnashla
The easiest way to understand whether the load is on is to play (stand) for 3-8 minutes in the game in the city at minimum wages, turning off the vertical sync.
It won't hit me up to 75 in this game, unless of course I set the cooler to 10% on the 980th.

-
-SERGEY- 01.01.21

Wow, is the 780s so hot? At the 660th max 59 degrees at 100% load. A little overclocked - 62 but fps + 0.5 -1 fps. I dropped it to default. I observed crashes with strong CPU overclocking. Standard. the third time I go through and not a single departure.

s
shtromk 01.01.21

-SERGEY-
Overclockers-all paid for!

B
Brashnashla 01.01.21

burn the console
Thank you, I found it.
It was turned on. Disconnected, ran the boy, it works, turned it on, ran another boy, it also works. Loading GPU-90 +%.
In general, xs, what the hell is this, I feel that the wood or the game is the case. I'll probably take it down, nafig, and in a couple of months I'll launch o5

B
Bupycop 01.01.21

Brashnashla
Check in the task manager, "mdi.exe" for me, it eats about 20 cp and heats the vidyahu, the game crashes ... I turn it off, xs what is it for at all ...

N
Nikita507 01.01.21

Brashnashla
Not overclocked by chance?