3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Brashnashla 01.01.21 04:34 am

Crash problem (graphics card) (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Actually the subject. 780TI, I7-4790.
I just came to the first village and the game began to crash after a couple of minutes of the game. It crashes because of the video card. percent does not overheat (monitor- above 65 does not rise). I began to monitor the video card - it heats up, unpleasantly, 70 to 80 (when it was possible to play for more or less long), but not fatal. I went to dig into the logs using NVidia Inspector, it turned out that when the load on the card (GPU usage) reaches 100%, the game crashes, the other parameters are normal, except that the frequency is at maximum.
Moral: what to do about it and why is it happening?
Settings - high, fps - stable 60.
28 Comments
Sort by:
S
Sanya Gladyshev 01.01.21

Brashnashla
what kind of firewood do you have

K
Krechet79 01.01.21

In the Afterburner program, set the Core Clock parameter to less than 100. After that, the crashes stopped for me. This has already been written in other blogs.

I
Iasthope 01.01.21

Genom94 Got it
, thanks. I will turn on the air conditioner, because outside the window is +40 degrees))

E
Eroppo 01.01.21

Brashnashla
has long known this problem with Nvidia firewood, at the moment only the crashes in chrome have been repaired (posted on the official forum), and they continue to deal with the witcher

T
TimKar 01.01.21

Iasthope
himself faced this, changed the thermal grease, cleaned the cooler and the problem disappeared like a hand =)

s
sroch1589 01.01.21

I have an asus 7970 dc2 top so this is the Witcher's first game where the video card refuses to work at the factory settings, the game simply hangs and the driver crashes, I had to reduce the core and memory voltage)))) I repeat this is the first such game))) so just try to lower the factory setting acceleration

B
Brashnashla 01.01.21

The problem was solved (partially) funny. In place of the full screen I set the windowed mode to full screen, though after a couple of hours it still flew out, but at least something

I
Ilya Yuriev1 01.01.21

people need help games crash because of the video card