3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
g
griart95 01.01.21 04:52 am

memory usage (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)

Zdr. I have a pretty old system. Prots i5-760 not overclocked, 8 GB ddr3 1660, GTX 660TI 2 GB, Win 10. The game is on SSD. The video processor is fully loaded, 80% percent. At the same time, at medium settings with disabled post-processing, 45% of video memory is consumed, and 51% of the operating memory, and there is a constant appeal to hard. Yes, large paging file, but memory usage seems strange to me. At the same time, improving the quality of the settings lead to freezes and crashes. Maybe there is some kind of ini where memory usage is prescribed? Thank you
63 Comments
Sort by:
V
V has come to 01.01.21

griart95
Have you installed the Nvidia Geforge Experience (latest version)?
If yes, then go into it and click "optimize"! Rather, you have Ssao turned on and it heavily puts FPS and requires more video memory, and it's time to install DDR4 RAM

g
griart95 01.01.21

I have PFS below 47 does not go down. SSAO is off and low does not change anything at all.

g
griart95 01.01.21

YES - A - A. I saw such an optimization in my grave. From the category "as if something did not come out" Memory usage dropped altogether. FPS 60, on a non-native monitor resolution, with all that it implies. As you look through wet glass. Guys, well, there must be a file that sets the limit for memory use. just where is he ??

d
danilukHF 01.01.21

V has come to
well, you dunked about "and it is high time to put the RAM to DDR4" XD

K
Kahran ramsus 01.01.21

griart95
There is an opinion that the gag in the process, 80% does not mean that there is a reserve. And the operative is divided by the wasps and the game, there you can not influence in any way. We must try overclocking as a diagnostic option.

b
bazilews 01.01.21

Why are you surprised ??? 8GB of RAM is not enough for this game, and your vidyuha is weak, but you want a game with such graphics to fly ???

b
bazilews 01.01.21

griart95
Try to give the game a high priority, it might help.

X
Xiahou Dun 01.01.21

The game is not optimized shit - with the hair turned off at high settings, it manages to freeze - while the FPS does not change, but on the slideshow screen - it also seems to climb into the swap file - although the RAM is 16 gigs.

s
saa0891 01.01.21

V has come to wrote:
and it is high time to install the RAM for DDR4.
Why, these are the last for which it is worth doing an upgrade.

u
user_77 01.01.21

your memory does not match the processor. for this processor is needed from 1333, otherwise the opera memory will work at the minimum frequency. As an option, manually set the XMP mode in the BIOS.

b
bazilews 01.01.21

Xiahou Dun
You just need to have a travel computer, and not blame everything on the game.

g
griart95 01.01.21

bazilews
How to set a high priority to the game?

X
Xiahou Dun 01.01.21

bazilews
you just need to have eyes - look at my profile, and do not blame everything on your imagination

b
bazilews 01.01.21

Xiahou Dun
And what's interesting in your profile ???

b
bazilews 01.01.21

U571 The
type and frequency of the RAM is determined by the motherboard, not the processor.

K
Kevin Oukveyl 01.01.21

bazilews
Like he has a big pussy in his profile.

g
griart95 01.01.21

U571
It's all done. Only DOCP to overclock the percent is not a problem at all. He doesn't feel 3.5 GHz (2.8 nominal) at all. Only it doesn't help. The question is in the USE OF VIDEO and RAM. 45% and 51%. and constant access to the paging file.

b
bazilews 01.01.21

Kevin Oukveyl
Well, let him admire him.

e
evil.burmistroff 01.01.21

griart95
EMMM you did not put the swap files on ssd by a case?

g
griart95 01.01.21

evil.burmistroff
to all drives