3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
T
Tracked 05.01.21 10:56 pm

Building a PC around the GTX 970

Good day

Computer technologies do not stand still and the time comes when you understand that it is time to do Level Up for your system engineer

Please help with the choice of hardware around the GigaByte Nvidia GeForse GTX 970 4gb Extreme Edition video card to maximize the potential in games from it

Respectfully I will listen to your offers
39 Comments
Sort by:
S
SoulAssassinS 05.01.21

Well, my confa is quite suitable for this card.
Gigabyte gtx 970G1 GAMING-4GD 2x SLI
16GB RAM Corsair XMS 3 1600C11
Mother Gigabyte Z77X D3H Percent
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU 4.7 GHz
Cooler Scythe Ninja 3B
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

But I don't see the point of building on an old socket, take the i7 6600k better
and DDR4 memory

H
Home is the best 05.01.21

Not a bad choice, although you can wait for the Nvidia GeForce 1060 GTX.

p
pekabir 05.01.21

the main thing is not to put a dead percentage

T
Tracked 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
Thank you for the offer
Igor Panteleev
970 has been bought for a long time, but the hardware does not allow using the
pekabir completely
Truly, my 2550k is already in the museum

P
Purple giraffe 05.01.21

I don't think it's worth changing anything. The costs will be significant (about 20 thousand), and the performance gain will be 10 percent. The 2550k processor will cope well with the GTX 970. Read this article: http://www.ferra.ru/ru/system/review/experiment-sandy-bridge- vs-skylake /

D
Djonnikc 05.01.21

Tracked
your 2550K will pull out 980 quietly. So don't change anything. The 970 video card is an excellent price-quality solution. More in fact is not necessary, only if not extreme game settings!
Here are the proofs for the i5 and i7 processors

T
Tracked 05.01.21

Purple giraffe
Djonnikc
Thank you, I will take note

D
Djonnikc 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
You might ask, what is the purpose of the i7 for the GTX 970? For show-off or for the distant, distant future ?? Have you been brainwashed by marketing? Do not believe everything that "managers" say

S
SoulAssassinS 05.01.21

Djonnikc

what are you talking about there about marketers?
we also tested i5 and i7 at work .... i5 just works at the maximum in games, and what will happen next? new items will come out and bend your i5
and I will continue to sit on the i7 and play with less drawdowns.

and if a person has money, then let it be better to take the i7 and no matter what the future is, the miser pays twice, I've been sitting at 2600k for the 5th year, gave 10 thousand for it in due time and now, having overclocked it to 4.7, it is almost on par with the i7 6600 ...

m
meagarry 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
What does the SLI video have to do with the topic?
SoulAssassinS wrote:
and if a person has money, then it is better to take the i7,
and yet, why is i7 needed for the 970?
SoulAssassinS wrote:
no matter what future
you think, his video card over the years, like good wine, will only get better?
SoulAssassinS wrote:
now having overclocked it to 4.7, it is almost on par with the i7 6600 in tests,
now it is clear why you recommend the i7. it turns out to run tests. but a person needs a computer for games.

M
MunchkiN 616 05.01.21

depends on the budget.
if at a minimum - I'm sure that I would have seated this card with a full load with a minimum computer fx6xxx with 16GB of RAM sub-overclocking and the usual school resolution
if the maximum pitch-pitch then I don't know.
cards of the middle segment are material for me, so here you need to consider the pitch either with the replacement of the video card in the future, or completely getting rid of the pitch in place with the video card and platform. I described this option - you need a processor isolated capable of delivering from 30 to 50 fps in modern games. mk the limit of this card is somewhere in the region of 30-40fps in the most demanding games.
if according to baking, then this is i7 6700k and higher with the inevitable replacement of the video card

S
SoulAssassinS 05.01.21

meagarry
and without SLI in the same way the percent is loaded almost to the maximum, in complex scenes i5 bends and gives significant drawdowns of the FPS, and the percent is not for tests, but for games and comfortable everyday work, as well as rendering, processing a large number of photos and video. And of course the i7 is better and faster here, and if it is better and there is money, why not take the i7 with a margin for the future? then to change only the video card.

D
Djonnikc 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
There was no talk about SLI. There are completely different requirements for the power supply, motherboard, and yes, for processors too. For one video card, even a 980 is enough for a mid-range and high-end i5. Moreover, for the future, we must not forget about overclocking. And in 6-7 years, if you please, I'll just change the entire platform - socket, memory, processor and video. I don’t work in special software, I don’t compress the video, I don’t dabble with archiving, why do I need i7 ?? I'd rather add these 100-150 bucks (difference) to a new video card and get a 10-15% increase than 2-3 FPS with an i7 processor.

D
Djonnikc 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
Where in his MESSAGE did you see the rendering ??? Why do you think out what a person wants. He specifically said "We need a percentage for 970 in games." All.

D
Djonnikc 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
And by the way, proofs from different sources, different tests. Why, some results)))
Spoiler
Spoylerhttp: //fcenter.ru/online/hardarticles/processors/38775-Obzor_chetyrehyadernyh_processorov_Core_i7_6700_Core_i5_6600_Core_i5_6500_i_Core_i5_6400
You can find a dozen more examples, but why. You really want to believe .........

S
SoulAssassinS 05.01.21

Djonnikc
No offense, but it seems that the rogues on the i5 will always be sure that the i5 is the best for games and they advise everyone to take the i5.
As I say, it is better to take with a margin for the future and not to soar your brains later.
And then you pay a second time for a new percentage))
In general, it makes no sense to arrange a srach now, because here we will not find Zen. It's not up to us to decide what to buy. I gave advice to a man.

M
MU-admin 05.01.21

i5 6500 + 8 or 16 GB DDR4

M
MU-admin 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS

there is no reserve for the future, marketers make a fool of suckers for most of the software restrictions

S
SoulAssassinS 05.01.21

MU-admin
However, the process is 5 years old and he still drags)
Come from here, smart guy . Then sit on i5

D
Djonnikc 05.01.21

SoulAssassinS
Yes, of course, "rogue". I now have an i5 2550K - this was the top i5, when the Sandy Bridges were just showing up. You can just spend your finances rationally, but you can, as "marketers" advise. This is a personal matter, there is no dispute, but advise "others" should be more careful. That's all I wanted to say!
PS: There is a good saying on this occasion: "the fool makes mistakes once, the stupid two times, and the sucker in life." Decide who you are, no offense, of course)