3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
t
tesla707 05.01.21 11:19 pm

NVIDIA and AMD drivers for the game (Grand Theft Auto 5)

In anticipation of the release of GTA V, AMD announced a new driver specially adapted for this game
https://twitter.com/amd_roy/status/587661043125522432

So do not forget to update before launching the game))

15.4 beta http: //support.amd. com / en-us / kb-articles / Pages / latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx
100 Comments
Sort by:
A
Andrey66884 05.01.21

Just by the way.

S
Slava74oren 05.01.21

Wordingofspay
Thank you Huge!

B
Belomorkanal 05.01.21

GregorusFokin
I had something completely different in mind. I wanted to say that it looks stupid how they want to submit their drivers. "Drivers for GTA V"

G
GregorusFokin 05.01.21

Belomorkanal
Why?
There are probably a lot of fixes specifically aimed at this game.
Incl. to support certain technologies.

Then, of course, another driver will be released, in which there will be "**% increase in performance in GTAV" ..

M
MassChester87 05.01.21

GregorusFokin
Sometimes it happens that a new driver really has a positive effect on performance
Yes, it happens, and sometimes it introduces interesting chips, such as Nvidia DSR - it significantly improves the picture in undemanding games.

x
xDeMID2014x 05.01.21

Oh need to download

w
wasp85 05.01.21

Belomorkanal
Blah-blah, blah, made sure what you write about, like show-off, what are you talking about? Yes, Nvidia always released firewood, Daing Light, Far Edge 4 and many others before the release of many games, while ATI did nothing and waited until complaints from the owners of Radeons would pour in, so strong arguments are needed before claiming anything !! !

b
bravointheua 05.01.21

MrTermont I
see, thanks!

B
Belomorkanal 05.01.21

GregorusFokin
Well, very optimistic. I will share your optimism and hope that it is so. I will also believe in the benefit of "red" firewood for GTA V.

wasp85
Very interesting, my young friend. I wonder what kind of "ATI" are we talking about?

t
tesla707 05.01.21

New driver for GTA V introduced a setting Soft Shadows (soft shadows) - AMD CHS
screen screen with the settings of the game provided by AMD employee

a
azrdog 05.01.21

released http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

M
MilkyFriend 05.01.21

already downloaded))

K
KlausBarbie 05.01.21

pf ... beta driver then.

M
Mercurionio 05.01.21

wasp85
So, for reference. The games you named are sponsored by Nvidia. They brought the suitcase to the developers so that they would not SPECIALLY optimize in advance on the competitor's drivers. And still, everything is buzzing on both cards. So these are just colored show-offs. Usually, if a driver changes performance, it is only a fix for a major bug (like in Metro for AMD, where, for a minute, the sponsor is also Nvidia)

MassChester87
And along with them, a new bunch of bugs. Now it has become a rarity, but nevertheless .....

B
Belomorkanal 05.01.21

Let's hope that this firewood is really well optimized for GTA V. We'll see for ourselves soon, very soon.

Mercurionio
Yeah. You can't argue with facts. AMD simply does not have enough money to "bring a suitcase" every time. The main problem for AMD is that they work "on two fronts" and compete with both Intel and Nvidia (after the takeover of ATI). Plus, they are not as rich as their individual competitors. But AMD is a nice company.

s
silence_is_screaming 05.01.21

AMD just released new drivers optimized for GTA 5 - http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx

-
-SERGEY- 05.01.21

First, I'll run it on the old ones, then I'll update it for comparison.

b
billypit 05.01.21

White sea channel
Mercurionio has
nothing to blame on the "suitcases" if the hands (wood) are crooked.
They pay for the introduction of certain proprietary technologies, and not so that they do not work for competitors. This is stupid and will come up sooner or later.
Drivers from NV have been GameReady for a long time and therefore they are updated with the release of large projects. In addition, edits and additional changes are made compared to previous releases. For example 250dpi for large diagonals and multi-monitors.
NV Forum, represented by ManuelG and NVGaret, actively communicate with cardholders. Drivers come out once a week, what else is needed. There is no need to blame NV or AMD for all sins. Game developers sometimes present unsolvable problems. A striking example of a drop dead beautiful and technologically advanced and even more buggy series about the Assassin chela.

S
Spirowww 05.01.21

[REMOVED]! i just upgraded to 15.3. There is already 15.4. Kapets.

K
Kaskadde 05.01.21

Do
n't tell Belomorkanal ... I thought so too, but when nvidia made firewood for 3 battles, and after installation it felt like I didn't update firewood, but my video card ... since then I always follow their advice)