3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
X
Xerus13 07.01.21 07:27 pm

Music Problem (Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver)

At the start of the game, the music starts to turn off from time to time (a few seconds plays, a few seconds - no). Also, loading saves began to take much longer. There are problems with cutscenes, the sound is intermittently cut off, the same phrase can be repeated several times. Portals take much longer to load. Of the changes in the computer since the normal operation of the game, only the replacement of the video card with a GeForce GTX 1060. I tried to change the settings at startup, it did not help. What to do?

Update: the next day, with one start, it worked fine, and during the rest it worked just like it did.
34 Comments
Sort by:
.AVENGER. 11.01.21

download another repack and check

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

.AVENGER.
Also does not work normally.
I think it’s not the version of the game. everything worked fine before.

S
Subaru MotorSports 11.01.21

Xerus13
Audio driver latest Realtek R2.82 64bits? Try these settings.

Or try the penultimate Realtek R2.81 64bits audio driver, which had a menu.
https://audiophilesoft.ru/publ/my/realtek_hda_setup/11-1-0-93

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Didn't help.
As I understand it, this is all done to improve the sound quality, but it suits me, the problem is that the game slows down, and both sound and video.
Also, while running the game a bunch of times and testing all this, I noticed this: regardless of what I have configured there, sometimes the game works almost perfectly, and sometimes everything is generally sad.

S

Xerus13
Can try SR1 Wrace patch or delete config file and save (can be renamed).

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Legacy_of_Kain:_Soul_Reaver
It is possible that the game is incompatible with the new video card, Max Payne 2 stopped starting after changing the video card.

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Xerus13 wrote:
... Of the changes in the computer since the normal operation of the game, only the replacement of the video card with a GeForce GTX 1060 ...
Have the drivers from the previous video card been completely removed before installing this one?
... sometimes the game works almost perfectly, and sometimes everything is generally sad ...
Through what device is the sound output now: a video card, or a built-in sound system? - if the latter, I usually turn off the video card in the device manager, just in case ...
Spoiler
..., and in old games (where there are problems with sound), a decrease in quality in the settings of the sound device often helps.
Spoiler
As with sound through vidyuhu - I don't know, I didn't use it. But if it were so, I turned off the built-in sound in BIOS / UEFI in advance - so that it would not "interfere".

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Didn't help
SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote: Have the
drivers from the previous video card been completely removed before installing this one?
No
SonyK_2 wrote:
Through which device is the sound output now: video card, or built-in sound? - if the latter, I usually turn off the video card in the device manager, just in case ...
..., and in old games (where there are problems with sound), a decrease in quality in the settings of the sound device often helps.
Didn't help either

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Xerus13 wrote:
No ...
And in vain, sometimes there are problems with the compatibility of different drivers and hardware.
... didn't help
It doesn't always help - mostly in older games that weren't designed for better sound quality. If the problem is something else, there is little sense. What audio device is used, its driver version and OS?

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

SonyK_2
Realtek High Definition Audio driver version 6.0.1.7727
OS Windows 7 Maximum 64 bit

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Xerus13 wrote:
Realtek HDA ... 6.0.1.7727 ... Windows 7 ...
The driver is older than mine, and I don't even have the last one (R2.82), but the previous R2.81 ...
Spoiler
..., with there were newer problems - I had to "roll back". Above they advised correctly:
Subaru MotorSports wrote:
... try the penultimate audio driver Realtek R2.81 ... Are
at least some updates installed in 7? - if not, some games may have audio problems (and not only). The sound in Shenmue 1 & 2 itself lagged and video capture in Afterburner using a video card via H.264 did not work (in general, and not just in any one game). Put it on KV - it helped.
Spoiler
Others would also be nice to install (except for the ruble and time zones, they don't seem to affect games) - especially I'll update to Direct3D (some newer ones need it) and the rest of the software: DirectX, Visual C ++ and NET Framework (needed less often, but sometimes something doesn't work fine without it).

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

SonyK_2
Installation of R2.81, as I thought, did not help
About KB2533623 writes: "Not applicable to this computer"
KB2670838 and KB3033929 already have
KB4474419 installed,
DirectX did not help , Visual C ++ and NET Framework are already there

S

Xerus13
Installed R2.81, now set up, link above.

As I understand it, you did not remove the video card driver before replacing it?

Remove the video driver with Display Driver Uninstaller, during the installation of the new video driver, check the box for clean installation.

Probably there will be problems with this too. https://forums.playground.ru/hardware/video/problema_s_drajverami_ot_nvidia-998897/

Try the 441.66 64-bit video driver.

a
arkadiydmitrievich 11.01.21

Xerus13
1. Check compatibility (must be with 98 Me)
2. Restart the PC with 1 core and 2GB of RAM (done via msconfig)
3. If the problem persists, demolish the video card drivers, and install the earliest ones.
Most often, such a problem in old games occurs due to systems that are too powerful, which render the image faster than it should be. The picture is drawn programmatically, and the rendering speed depends on the power of the system. And the sound is recorded in a file, so its length remains unchanged, and, accordingly, it does not have time to completely play. Sound has nothing to do with it.
PS And the repetition of the same phrase comes from the same place, since the game can no longer figure out which sound file to load

S

arkadiydmitrievich
Bad advice, why turn off the cores, the problem appeared after changing the video card, after changing the video card I started to lag V-Rally 3.

Xerus13
Download Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, GOG edition, ask here, read the last pages.
https://www.old-games.ru/forum/threads/legacy-of-kain-soul-reaver.10508/page-11

a

Subaru MotorSports
1. Disable the cores in order to find out what the problem is (if you didn’t know that many old games and dual-core processors of the early generation didn’t understand at all. And they didn’t want to work with them correctly. And what can we say about modern ones.)
2. If you didn’t know, the picture is drawn not only by the video card, but also by the processor which we can slow down by disabling the cores (for which I described it in the previous comment to slow it down.)
3. Counter question, what does the audio card driver have to do with it?
4. I give advice based on my own experience, because I really love old games, and often faced this problem.
And yes, your option is to download the GOG edition, more rational.

S

arkadiydmitrievich
1. 2. You can go to the task manager, details, find the game, set the similarity, choose one core to process the game, I think that's how I solved the problem of crashes in Need for Speed: Underground 2.
3. The topic is called a problem with music.
4. Likewise.

a

Subaru MotorSports
Yes, you can, but some games also depend on RAM. For example Truckers 2 or First 2 parts of Harry Potter will not work correctly without limiting the RAM to 2 GB. (This refers to the old disk versions or repacks from them.) In general, for such games, I personally assembled an old computer at a flea market, installed XP and now I'm not worried))))
PS

S

arkadiydmitrievich
For the game Truckers 2, I used the dgVoodoo v2.54 program.
https://forums.playground.ru/nfs_porsche_unleashed/reshenie_tehnicheskih_problem-177579/#comment-16598930

a

Subaru MotorSports wrote:
3. The topic is called, the problem with the music.
Then sin on codecs)))

S

arkadiydmitrievich
Everything was fine before.