3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
X
Xerus13 07.01.21 07:27 pm

Music Problem (Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver)

At the start of the game, the music starts to turn off from time to time (a few seconds plays, a few seconds - no). Also, loading saves began to take much longer. There are problems with cutscenes, the sound is intermittently cut off, the same phrase can be repeated several times. Portals take much longer to load. Of the changes in the computer since the normal operation of the game, only the replacement of the video card with a GeForce GTX 1060. I tried to change the settings at startup, it did not help. What to do?

Update: the next day, with one start, it worked fine, and during the rest it worked just like it did.
34 Comments
Sort by:
a
arkadiydmitrievich 11.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Straight hooked, now I'll try to run it on 7ke))))
I'm talking about Legacy

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Subaru MotorSports wrote:
3. The topic is called a problem with music.
It is so called because at the time of its creation, no other problems were found, and the name cannot be changed.

S
Subaru MotorSports 11.01.21

Xerus13
:)
https://forums.playground.ru/nfs_most_wanted_2005/mods/zamena_muzyki_v_igre-947267/#comment-18999483

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Xerus13 wrote:
Installing R2.81, as I thought, did not help ...
Perhaps it will help (not necessarily) and in conjunction with the KB, which was not installed ...
... About KB2533623 he writes: "Not applicable to this computer" ...
Is SP1 installed in 7, or is it "naked" without it? What OS edition: Pro, Maximum speed, etc.? When KB was downloaded, did you confuse the package from different releases (32/64 bit, Vista / 7)? - "correct" CV looks something like this.
SpoilerDate of creation / modification is different here - downloaded from another resource to show the name (changed in mine). The size and timing of digital signatures are exactly the same as mine. The update itself was installed without problems: 7 Pro SP1 x64 - face image (VL, not assembly "from Vasyan") with a KMS activator.

... KB2670838 and KB3033929 are already there ... KB4474419 installed, it did not help ...
Of these three, only the first is needed in games (and even then not always) - the latter two refer to digital signatures in the OS (they can be omitted). Personally, I had 3033929 required by one program before installing, and installed 4474419-v3 because without it The Division 2 "swore" for absence - it worked, but every time before launching there was a warning.

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

Subaru MotorSports
Downloaded the GOG edition, at first everything was unchanged. Then at old-games ru I downloaded the patch for XP, installed it on this version. And now the cutscenes are going pretty well! The hang-ups are nowhere near as significant as they were before. It happens that a second repeats a segment many times in a split second and that's it. Not critical. The game itself hasn't stopped hanging, it's just that now it does it a little differently. If earlier everything was fine with the video (for the most part), and the music periodically disappeared for a few seconds, now both sound and video hang in the same way. But at the same time, nothing is lost, it just slows down, as if I had 10 FPS.

I did all the actions that I describe further AFTER the patch of the GOG version, and all the same does not help
Subaru MotorSports
R2.81 set it up back then. The driver has changed.
arkadiydmitrievich
I tried to set compatibility (both 98 / Me and, just in case, XP), and make 1 core + 2 GB of RAM.
SonyK_2
Yes, SP1. I already wrote to the editorial office, Maximum. The package was definitely not confused. The digital signatures are almost identical. The only thing instead of 2:42:37 is 6:42:37.
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Xerus13 wrote:
Downloaded the GOG edition ... I
also downloaded the GOG "pirate" for testing.
Spoiler
... everything was unchanged at first. Then at old-games ru I downloaded the patch for XP, installed it on this version ...
What patch, what is it for? - although I just started playing (it looks like I will have to go through the 3rd time, before that I was completely on the PlayStation and Dreamcast), but on the 7-ke it seems to go fine, only videos with a resolution of 640 * 480 (and the "logo" 320 * 240) and had to be customized via Xpadder. In the game itself (before launch), you can select drivers for video and audio.
Spoiler
... I tried to set compatibility (both 98 / Me and, just in case, XP ...
In the GOG version, compatibility is already worth it - he himself did not change anything.
Spoiler
... The digital signatures are almost identical. The only thing, instead of 2:42:37 it costs 6:42:37 ...
On the one that I have and which I downloaded today, the time is the same - 2:42:37. Maybe it's some other version, or the date of the signature is displayed depending on the time set on the computer. Is there any difference with Moscow time and is the size the same?
Spoiler
Started playing - while there were no serious problems with the sound, I noticed only small "wheezing", apparently due to its compression. In the folder with the installed game, I found only 2 files (archives) with names similar to sound ones - "music.dat" (~ 106 Mb) and "voices.dat" (~ 144 Mb), which is not enough by today's standards.
Spoiler

X
Xerus13 11.01.21

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
What patch, what is it for?
Probably to run the game under Windows XP. Of course, I don't have it, but I decided to try, you never know, it suddenly helps. I have nothing to lose.

SonyK_2 wrote: it
seems to be fine on 7-ke
So it was fine with me initially

SonyK_2 wrote:
In the game itself (before launch), you can select drivers for video and audio
This is what I did at the very beginning, even before this topic created

SonyK_2 wrote:
Is there any difference with Moscow time
+5 hours

SonyK_2 wrote:
is the size the same?
Matches
Spoiler
The fact that it says "The file was locked in order to protect the computer" does not matter, with the rest it was the same, plus after pressing the "unlock" button nothing happened

S
SonyK_2 12.01.21

Xerus13
Xerus13 wrote:
Probably to run the game under Windows XP ... the
GOG version is already configured - on my screen of the shortcut properties you can see that there is compatibility with XP.
... I initially went fine too.
It is necessary to remember what changed after it "went" and stopped going. In addition to replacing the video card, there was nothing - installing any mods for the game, crackers, etc.?
... that's what I did at the very beginning ...
all the options? - there are both hardware drivers and primary OS.
+5 hours
Then everything is fine - I have +1, but the difference in the signature is due to the fact that our time on computers is different and is these 4 hours.
Matches
Maybe it's not the file itself, but what can be seen on the screen?
Spoiler
There is a blocking on downloaded from the Internet - the OS may not allow the file to run normally because of this. Click "Unblock" and try to install the update.

X
Xerus13 12.01.21

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote: The
GOG version is already set up.
There is just a tick "run in compatibility mode", and what I installed is just a patch. In support of this, the game began to work differently after installing it.

SonyK_2 wrote:
We need to remember what has changed after "went" and stopped going. In addition to replacing the video card, there was nothing - installing any mods for the game, crackers, etc.?
No mods / crackers. I remember that around this time I was putting on a theme for Windows, but this is clearly not the case, tk. I tried to remove it, but after that the game didn't work normally.

SonyK_2 wrote:
All options? - there are both hardware drivers and OS primary drivers
Yes.

SonyK_2 wrote:
Maybe it's not the file itself, but what can be seen on the screen?
No. I already wrote that this has nothing to do with it.
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 12.01.21

Xerus13 Played some
more. In one place, my sound lagged - some of the music and sound effects disappeared. Preserved, re-logged - everything is fine. The sound in the game is so-so, sometimes some "hiss" and "clicks" are heard. Above I wrote about the size of audio files, maybe at some point an error occurs when extracting them from the archive.
Do other games have this? - if everything is fine, perhaps the reason is in the game itself. If I have problems with sound, then in old games, in newer ones I can't remember.

X
Xerus13 15.01.21

SonyK_2 Not
in other games.
If an error occurs when extracting from the archive at some point, then why in other versions of the game everything does not work from the very beginning?

S
SonyK_2 15.01.21

Xerus13
Xerus13 wrote:
... why in other versions of the game everything does not work from the very beginning?
In other versions of the game, what do the files look like - larger, not zipped?

The files contain a crack with a patch, in the description for it:
... A new sound engine for music / voices, which fixes their errors ...
Maybe try it, suddenly it will be better?
Spoilerhttps: //www.playground.ru/legacy_of_kain_soul_reaver/file/legacy_of_kain_soul_reaver_rusifikator_teksta_i_zvuka_patch_dlya_komfortnoj_igry-1053912 I
installed myself for fun. The settings menu has been improved: you can set the mode to 60 fps (instead of the standard 30), select the subtitle language. Now you do not need to choose your resolution every time, it enters automatically.
Spoiler
The "logo" videos disappeared (the start screen immediately), achievements appeared, for example: "Kill so many vampires ...", etc.
Spoiler
After installing the patch, if you press the "tilde" ~ (Russian button Ё) in the game, an additional menu appears, in it there are sound settings.
Spoiler
..., maybe you can "shaman" there to work normally. I did not check it myself - until I saw any problems, I will continue to "test".

PS Are there any audio / video codecs installed on the system?

X
Xerus13 15.01.21

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
The files have a crack with a patch <...> Maybe try, suddenly it will be better ?:
Just installed it - everything worked right away! As I myself did not think of entering the files ... Thank you very much! Now I play and enjoy great sound.

S
SonyK_2 15.01.21

Xerus13
Finally! Thanks to the one who posted it, I just found it. I liked the patch myself - as for me, the sound became better (before there were small sound artifacts, like when clipping, now it seems to have disappeared), the 60 fps mode is generally beautiful - playing is much more comfortable.