3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Alpha3MAX 11.01.21 10:18 am

NVIDIA Control Panel: Max. frame frequency

Hello! This option does not work, tell me what could be the problem?
6 Comments
Sort by:
l
legusor 11.01.21

Alpha3MAX
this function, like the others, such as anti-aliasing and anisotropy, does not work everywhere.
Alternatively you can try the riva tuner statistics server (RTSS).

A
Alpha3MAX 11.01.21

legusor Is
it tied to a specific API?

l
legusor 11.01.21

Alpha3MAX
RTSS works with any current API, but also not everywhere.

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Alpha3MAX wrote:
This option does not work, tell me what could be the problem?
Where specifically does it not work and what is set in values?
Spoiler alert
Is it tied to a specific API?
I have not noticed this yet - wherever there was a possibility of a high frame rate, the frame rate did not exceed the set one (on the screen). What is the driver version?

A
Alpha3MAX 11.01.21

SonyK_2
Driver 451.48. At the maximum frame rate, I set it on. with a value of 120. Tried it in Vermintide 2, Warface, Devil Mae Edge 4/5. I tried it in a specific game and in global settings.

S
SonyK_2 11.01.21

Alpha3MAX wrote:
Driver 451.48 ...
Now current 461.09, does it work?
... At the maximum frame rate, I set it on. with a value of 120 ...
When I had an old power supply unit, at high frames (in the menu of some games, etc.), the whistle of throttles was heard, but then it was not possible to set a limit on the frame rate in the drivers. I used other programs. During the game, I turned on monitoring with a frame limit (also 120 fps) in Afterburner (you can also separately RivaTuner Statistics Server that comes with it) ...
Spoiler
... and if the overlay did not work somewhere (especially in old games with DirectX 8) - used Bandicam.
Spoiler
After replacing the power supply, the "whistle" problem disappeared, but "just in case" left the limitation already in the driver (on the screenshot in the post above).
... I tried it in Vermintide 2, Warface, Devil May Edge 4/5 ...
Of these I played only Warface (2012-2014) and DMC 4 (also for a long time) - then there were no problems with the power supply unit and the video card ( GTX 650) did not give such a number of frames that it was necessary to limit them ...;)