3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Angmar87 11.01.21 10:50 am

Why are Hackers so powerful? (Cyberpunk 2077)

I just freak out how powerful the Netrunner abilities are in the game. Are they really like that by lore? That is, these are just dudes who can kill a person with a glance, absolutely risking nothing? Is this seriously the way it should work? Because if you swing the main character along the Netranner branch, then he will quickly mow down enemies in any quantity, just by looking at them from around the corner.

If all this is really the way it should be, then what is the point of Cyberpunk in general? I think 2 highly pumped Netrunners could clear the whole city of crime and all gangs in one night. They would simply enter the territory of the gangs, turn off the protection, cameras, transfer the turrets to their side and any equipment, and simply kill the enemies with a glance. It's just nonsense. What is the point of having implants, if through them you can be turned off at any second and killed. That is, Netrunners should generally be worshiped as deities, because they can kill anyone with a glance in a second. That is, it makes no sense at all to have any other types of troops, except for Netrunners, they reprogram any robot and neutralize a person. Why do you need any weapon at all, if you can just kill a person with a glance?

By the way, why can't you hack Policemen? Anyone can be hacked except police and civilians. That is, they are simply not connected to the network or is it just that the main character deliberately does not want to kill civilians and the police, and therefore you are not even given such a choice? And why then can he kill them with ordinary weapons?
21 Comments
Sort by:
J
Jenikmax 11.01.21

Angmar87
judging by the fact that they showed the reda in their first videos, hacking was supposed to be carried out through the capture of the enemy and manual connection to the network through the port on the skull, but apparently on release they decided to abandon this mechanic ..

with the cops, yes, the situation is even worse .. their did not work from the word at all .. it can be seen that the timing was really unrealistic ..

and indeed a lot of things were stupidly cut out and simplified for the sake of a "quick" release ..

M
Makroless 11.01.21

the game is still 2 years old and there would be candy, but in general, yes,
in theory, hackers should have come close or use a mono-string,
but now these are secretive killers or snipers who can kill anyone from cameras per kilometer

A
Angmar87 11.01.21

Well, ok, that is, Netranner turns out to lore, you just need to capture one enemy quietly and after that you can kill everyone else with a glance? It certainly complicates the task, but in principle it is still very, very powerful. But in one Cyberpunk trailer, Netrunner was shown once, who attacked the main character - he really just looked badly at him, but the main character overcame himself and, with an effort of will, raised his pistol and shot him.

A
Angmar87 11.01.21

Makroless
Seriously? What is the point of being a Netrunner then, if in order to kill an enemy you have to come close to him? If you can come close, then you can kill him with a knife from the back. It seems to me that the Netrannens can attack with their eyes - this is logical, just too powerful. It could be done so - that he cannot kill with a glance, but simply throws embarrassment or stunnedness at a person - then it would still be powerful, but not so murderous, because killing with a glance, and even more so through cameras, is generally pure delirium ...

I had to deliberately not download the Netrunner Branch and artificially limit myself to the use of deadly scripts, because this would turn the game into absurdity and a carnage of helpless enemies at any difficulty level. Well, or it would be necessary then to increase the number of enemies by 4 times - then the path of Netranner would be justified. Because Netrunner can disable 3-5 opponents at the very beginning of the battle. And most of the fights are just about 5-8 opponents at best.

l
lewe0fun 11.01.21

Angmar87 wrote:
killing with a glance, and even more so through cameras, is generally pure delirium.
even cameras are not needed, he threw the infection through the walls and the whole location was
critical Angmar87 wrote:
It could be done so - that he cannot kill with a glance, but simply throws confusion or stunned on a person
most of the attacking scripts are non-lethal

A
Angmar87 11.01.21

lewe0fun By lethality
I meant that they are too powerful - some have too high damage, 2 scripts for instant neutralization (and they act on several enemies at once), 1 script so that the enemy shoots on his own (in fact, mind control).

All this must be completely changed. In fact, there are only a few balanced scripts in the game - these are those that do not cause damage or kill on the spot.

M
Makroless 15.01.21

Angmar87
Well, earlier in the type if you have a mono string you could connect from a distance if you don't come close and connect.
And with the release, all this was removed and now you kill either with a glance, or coming close or with a mono string

M
Makroless 15.01.21

The most logical thing would be to make classes
You walk stealthily stun or kill with knives
You hack the network and send a virus through one
Open melee or long-range combat
In this case, a hacker can infect several through the network, but he needs to come close
And a hidden one can kill with a knife from a distance without risking anything

M
Makroless 15.01.21

I saw how to play as a hacker, hang up a request and there are no 10 enemies through the walls in 15 seconds

l
lordkaho 15.01.21

Makroless
I finished the game for the third time. The key here is "Request", it allows you to see the targets connected to the network. There is really a BUT !, the targets are not always connected to the available network, that is, for example, the same snipers on the bridge that need to be removed to the network are not connected and you cannot see them through some TV that comes along the way. But there are quite a few of them per game.

l
lordkaho 15.01.21

Angmar87

A very strange trailer, by the way. In fact, the mission to steal a flash drive is the beginning of the game. Where are the praying mantises from? It turns out that initially this mission was planned much later than the start of the game, when the player already has a bunch of implants and money for praying mantises (obviously they were first required for the mission). Well, the experience of non-translation should already be.

w
wintermute322 15.01.21

lordkaho Praying mantises
because it is spectacular. The trailer serves the same role, it kind of shows the end of the biochip stealing mission, but from a third person. For example, V in the trailer even managed to aim a gun at Dexter, but in the game he got a gnaw, a monologue and a bullet in the forehead. Jackie's death in the trailer, by the way, is very tough. I did not see him, because I ignored everything related to cyberpunk before the release of the game, for good reason.

Well, about non-runners, not all opponents are so vulnerable to their attacks, I have met several times those that are not networked. That is, you cannot send daemons to them, they have a high level of heap, the memory costs for scripts are increased, and the scripts themselves do not shoot almost. But in general, yes, there is an imbalance, the netrunners are too strong, especially the legendary Closure, which allows you to hit this script with a weapon crit. Tests for fun, a mono-string without crit beats at 600, with a crit of 11k, that is, the strike itself is critical, activates the closure from the weapon that the pancake also criticizes.

l
lordkaho 15.01.21

wintermute322
I'm talking about the same thing, there are those that are not connected to the network, which must first be seen personally, and not through the wall from the "Request", there are with the highest resistance on which scripts almost do not work, I have to throw them with grenades and then finish off with a pistol. But there are few of them. In other matters - 99% of the missions here is go there, put everyone to bed, bring a suitcase, a person, a flash drive, a bag of potatoes. Remaining percentage, something a little more complicated.

l
lordkaho 15.01.21

wintermute322
Oh yes, by the way ... The last playthrough of the game, I decided to do this - to go through all the chances to the maximum and not touch the main quests. Therefore, I bought the first augmentations from Vic right away, clearing the area twice, even if he was in the blockade. And I immediately began to collect the netraner, so that when the hotel was attacked, I already had a purple soundboard. And that was funny. Key - Jackie got a bullet from a machine gun at the moment of jumping from the cornice. But even further, he behaves like an idiot all the time breaking forward into the heat of the daddy. Already at that stage I could crumble everyone there alone.

w
wintermute322 15.01.21

lordkaho wrote:
I'm talking about the same thing, there are those who are not connected to the network, which must first be seen personally, and not through the wall from the "Request", the
legendary request just works for them, they cannot be hacked and demons cannot be allowed.
yes, in general, I have no idea how to balance it, I found a lot of ways to break the game almost completely, for example, the legendary script, it seems like a motor impairment, I personally just cut down the AI ​​from the enemies, they stumbled on the spot and did not shoot at me, only beat me with the butt come close.
but in general, one green request and any electro-magnetic gun are enough, highlighted the enemies and shot them, you can go through the whole game like that, and it's sad.

R
Richards 15.01.21

It seems that initially there was a hacking through the mono-string, even in the first demonstrations, and so there the whole game was hastily glued together, at least the plot was more or less finished, the gameplay, in principle, works if you do not do all the best, or do not use different imba, you can customize it for yourself so that the challenge is ...

A
Angmar87 15.01.21

Richards
And they also want multiplayer to attach to this game. And what will Netraners do in this multiplayer - killing everyone in solo or just being support debuffers?

e
ej1k0r 15.01.21

By lore, netrans are not at all a fighting class, they work through the network and nothing more. BUT. The official lore ends in the 2040s. How technology stepped in 35 years - only the developers had to decide. Therefore, we have interactions through the eyes (by the way, only people with cyber-eyes can allow this) and other ambiguous solutions that are aimed at simplifying the gameplay. Can you clear the entire location without entering it? Can't you kill you? All this is done only for the entertainment of the players themselves, nothing more.
Regarding multiplayer, here, most likely, there will be a situation like with GTA5, when in a single you can create sheer chaos and be a god, and in multiplayer you are only one of many. Therefore, it is likely that there will be serious restrictions either on the implants themselves, or it will be difficult and expensive to find worthwhile and powerful

A
Angmar87 15.01.21

ej1k0r
What is the point of being one of the many? That is, multiplayer is a deliberately stripped-down version in which you are now just meat. What's the point at all?

e
ej1k0r 15.01.21

Angmar87
Any open source multiplayer. There are many players equal to you, and only your skills can become better than others (or donate, but let's not talk about that). Multiplayer is a competitive activity, but who will be the rival - other players, AI or yourself - it already depends on the game or on your goals