3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Angmar87 11.01.21 10:50 am

Why are Hackers so powerful? (Cyberpunk 2077)

I just freak out how powerful the Netrunner abilities are in the game. Are they really like that by lore? That is, these are just dudes who can kill a person with a glance, absolutely risking nothing? Is this seriously the way it should work? Because if you swing the main character along the Netranner branch, then he will quickly mow down enemies in any quantity, just by looking at them from around the corner.

If all this is really the way it should be, then what is the point of Cyberpunk in general? I think 2 highly pumped Netrunners could clear the whole city of crime and all gangs in one night. They would simply enter the territory of the gangs, turn off the protection, cameras, transfer the turrets to their side and any equipment, and simply kill the enemies with a glance. It's just nonsense. What is the point of having implants, if through them you can be turned off at any second and killed. That is, Netrunners should generally be worshiped as deities, because they can kill anyone with a glance in a second. That is, it makes no sense at all to have any other types of troops, except for Netrunners, they reprogram any robot and neutralize a person. Why do you need any weapon at all, if you can just kill a person with a glance?

By the way, why can't you hack Policemen? Anyone can be hacked except police and civilians. That is, they are simply not connected to the network or is it just that the main character deliberately does not want to kill civilians and the police, and therefore you are not even given such a choice? And why then can he kill them with ordinary weapons?
21 Comments
Sort by:
E
Eriori 29.01.21

In general, judging by the design, there should have been non-runners to counteract the player (in places they even remained, but the damage is weak), which also had to attack and calculate. Maybe after the patches they will rebalance