3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
n
nestrbob 11.01.21 11:26 am

The game spoke Russian. (Fallout 4)

Installed Fallout 4 [v.1.6.3.0.1-fix + 5 DLC] (2015) PC | RePack from = nemos = and in the game many phrases are translated into Russian, in the voice of a robot patient with hemorrhoids. Why the hell is this done incomprehensibly, done disgustingly. In the new addition, a task has appeared in Vault 88 - I will go through and demolish such an assembly.
35 Comments
Sort by:
K
Kirill22092 11.01.21

By the way, whoever is going to play on version 1.5, the game will start with the add-on, but there will already be bugs in the shelter.

F
Fusei 11.01.21

pochtipushkin
Lunkov Sergey Vadimovich wrote:
The official resource on which nemos releases its repacks is nnmclub. to I
strongly advise you to download repacks from Nemos only there, registration and the friGate extension for the browser is required (the resource is blocked by Roskomnadzor)

In the case of repacks from the hatub, this is rustorka. com - uncle khatab releases only there, on other trackers other people spread his repacks (possibly with alterations), registration is required.)

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Kirill22092
There are bugs on v.1.6.3.0.1 too - I built a caretaker's table and an exercise bike, and their textures are completely gone. The last task is to connect the simulator to the caretaker's table, and the caretaker hangs in the air from scratch.
PS Repack is new, just installed.
Spoiler

F
Fusei 11.01.21

Amiss Aleksandrov
The only fire that I feel is fire erupting from one place, you just have to listen to the introductory video in the game. XD Well, guys (programmers, not actors) at least tried.))) But nothing good came of it.)

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Lunkov Sergey Vadimovich
Well, the guys (programmers, not actors) at least tried.))) True, nothing good came of it.)
A good translation can be done in monophonic, for example, the voice acting of films by Volodarsky. I watch many films with his translation, although there are completely dubbed professional versions.

F
Fusei 11.01.21

nestrbob
And who argues?) Although I'm not a big fan of monophonic translations, yes, I agree, there are titans of quality in this niche.) But in the case of Fallout 4, the guys frankly screwed up.)

K
Kirill22092 11.01.21

nestrbob
Aaa, so it's not because of 1.5. It's just that my patch takes a long time to swing and I can't check. By the way, the problem is exactly the same, only my terminal is transparent and there is no chair, but I used the console to fit a nearby chair so that it would not look so strange.
PS beta version of Far Harbor was more playable

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Lunkov Sergey Vadimovich
They should at least have consulted with people before starting this Sisyphean work.
Kirill22092
I haven't had a single bug in Far Harbor. I also played on the beta.

K
Kirill22092 11.01.21

B ..... restarted the game, now the table is gone altogether ...
nestrbob
I didn't have any bugs either, some people just had minor bugs.

L
LordRegent303 11.01.21

nestrbob Take
down the folder Fallout 4 / Data / Sound / Voice / Fallout4.esm

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

LordRegent303
Yes, I've already downloaded and installed a new repack.

F
Fusei 11.01.21

nestrbob
Most likely, they just wanted to make themselves felt, regular advertising. Even if they didn't hit it with quality, every gamer heard how the news about it fired. Well (how I want to be right), they have declared themselves, maybe in the near future they will give everyone "fuck up" by releasing really good content.)

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Lunkov Sergey Vadimovich
I do not understand all this fuss around voice acting, supposedly it is very difficult, long and expensive. For a professional studio, this process takes a maximum of a week - all audio files of the game are extracted and replaced with similar ones with Russian voice acting (in this case, even the registry files do not need to be changed) or a folder of Russian audio files is created, but then the game needs to indicate the path to it. Everything depends only on the performance of the actors - how long it takes for them to say all the text for recording.

F
Fusei 11.01.21

nestrbob
The bottom line is that all the text of the game must be translated into text format (for actors). The dialogue files necessary for this are available from the publisher and the manufacturer (if an agreement with the manufacturer also requires translation). No one will give the source code to anyone for free, the translation will not be done, and the actors are not cheap (in the case of RPG, even more so - tons of dialogues). If an actor is good, he will do the job quickly and efficiently, but he also costs much more than a bad one, and from bad actors we will get RG MVO-level voice acting.)

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Lunkov Sergey Vadimovich
Are there few people in Russia who are fluent in Russian and English? There are professions in this profile, from simple translators in negotiations, to translators of technical and fictional literature. For such a person, it will not be difficult to translate English files into Russian. As a last resort, you can just competently dub Russian titles from the game.