3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
K
Keltkelt 11.01.21 11:29 am

How do I get back vertical sync? (Fallout 4)

I bought Radeon RX 480, fps is now under 200, everyone is running around like crazy ...

In Fallout4.ini I set iPresentInterval = 1, in theory it's vsync, Monica frequency is 60, it had to fit it. But no.
Forgot something?

The ideal speed is 60 fps, am I getting it right?
22 Comments
Sort by:
N
NorthernSky 11.01.21

Keltkelt wrote:
fps is now under 200, everyone is running around like crazy ...
Well, well ...

G
GlukoHedgehog 11.01.21

Keltkelt wrote: The
ideal speed is 60 fps, am I getting it right?
ideal speed is the speed of light! You have something else to strive for, dude! Good luck to you..

D
DreamFAW 11.01.21

In addition to Fallout4.ini, you need to set iPresentInterval = 1 also in Fallout4Prefs.ini :)

s
saa0891 11.01.21

I don’t know about AMD, but on NV it can be easily installed in the NV control panel.

E
Evene174 11.01.21

You can set the FPS limit through the Radeon settings.

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Keltkelt are
all running around like crazy ...
What nonsense? FPS - the number of frames per second and its increase can only give a smoother picture, but will not increase the speed of the game itself. Delete all game settings files in the documents and start the game on a new one. when changing the map, new settings are needed. The Fallout4Prefs.ini file must contain the name of the installed map.
PS Radeon RX 480 will not give FPS under 200 in this game.

B
BoB_Er 11.01.21

nestrbob
In Fallout 4 will increase the speed even more. The physics of the game is tied to fps.

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

BoB_Er
Don't write delusional delusion. With this FPS, should everyone run like crazy?
Spoiler

B
BoB_Er 11.01.21

nestrbob
Apparently patched, but the vehicle has an old version.

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

BoB_Er
and the vehicle has the old version.
Translate.

Y
Yamaguchi-gumi 11.01.21

Keltkelt
In Fallout4Prefs.ini also need to be entered

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 11.01.21

nestrbob
It is clear that this middle will not give out) Here my reinforced concrete Tzeentch give out even less, but here this stub under 200 fps)))) There would be two 1080TI in good overclocking, I would have believed, or the imperial titanium from Volta.

S
Stone_xp 11.01.21

In folch, animation really accelerates when fps is above 60. Of course, "running around like crazy" is not entirely true, but still there is some truth.

The easiest way is to simply delete all configuration files and run the folch - it will recreate them in its default parameters.

S
Stone_xp 11.01.21

Primal Myshyvur
Well, maybe a man plays with mines. Or Monique 1440x900 for example.

M
MAzh0R_VA_GIN_A_T0RIUS 11.01.21

Stone_xp Aaaa
, yes, Or Monique 1440x900 for example. then it's true)))

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Stone_xp
I don't see any difference in animation speed in the game when vertical sync is on and off - only FPS changes.

D
DreamFAW 11.01.21

Here's another thing I noticed: it is often recommended to write iFPSClamp = 60 in the General section in fallout4.ini, but something strange starts for me - when the fps is less than 60, the game seems to get stuck in jelly: D slows down very much, but sharp no jerks, everything is smooth. And yet you don't want to play like that))

G
Gur1 11.01.21

I’ll ask a noob question. When deleting configuration files, mods will not fly off?

n
nestrbob 11.01.21

Gur1
No, only hardware settings and changed game parameters.

B
BlackTigerTK 11.01.21

Gur1
Not if you don't touch Fallout4Custom.ini, which had the corresponding edits.