3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Podvipodvertov 15.01.21 07:49 pm

Will the RTX3060Ti fit into a PCI Express 3.0 motherboard?

Good afternoon people, I have an ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER motherboard there is a PCI Express 3.0 version, I want to take a 3060Ti, but there is a version 4.0, will it be compatible with my board?
Take it, or take RTX2080 where is version 3.0?
17 Comments
Sort by:
S
SPR1GGAN 15.01.21

Podvipodvertov
will rise, there are a lot of comparison tests on the Internet and 2.3 4 PCI

P
Podvipodvertov 15.01.21

SPR1GGAN I
just ordered a 3060Ti from Germany, it will come in a month, and you can buy an RTX2080 Super right in your city tomorrow. So I think which is better - to wait or just take it tomorrow?
Well, if the 3060 Ti fits, then I can wait, of course, it's not difficult.

S
SPR1GGAN 15.01.21

Take Podvipodvertov
3060ti, new ones with the same performance will be better, due to new features and firewood in the future they will support for a couple of years longer,
and if you build a new system from PCI 4, squeeze out a couple of frames more

S
SPR1GGAN 15.01.21

Podvipodvertov

difference within the margin of error

P
Podvipodvertov 15.01.21

SPR1GGAN
I also plan to take vidyahu first, so to speak "for growth", and then I will change my mother and percent.
It's just that the prices for vidyahi are skyrocketing, as not to keep up with them, so it was decided to start with a video card - to stake out a type, and the processor can be taken after 20-30 thousand rubles, the mother will come out even cheaper - the prices do not soar so much.

P
Podvipodvertov 15.01.21

SPR1GGAN
Thanks for the video, it turned out to be very useful!
It turns out that even the RTX3080 was launched on the motherboard with the express version 3.0, and then with 4.0? It turns out that both the percent and the video card are backward compatible in both directions?

S
SPR1GGAN 15.01.21

Podvipodvertov
this is not some kind of new port, compatibility is you said loudly, it's just that more bandwidth
is like sticking a USB flash drive into USB 2.0 and 3.0,
but the card has enough transfer speed and there is no difference in 3 PCI, there may be more sense

here in general test all PCIs 1 through 4

A
AnPei 15.01.21

SPR1GGAN
Resizable BAR in drivers in February for the rtx3000 line will be delivered and the error between PCI Express 3.0 and PCI Express 4.0 will go down in history, they promise support for motherboards Z490, Z590 and cautious rumors Z390 then remains only at the level of error Z390 the rest in the span but this is not accurate because it has not been officially confirmed.

S
SPR1GGAN 15.01.21

AnPei
about something that is not accurate, I did not write, and judging by the fact that he plans to update the platform, he, like me, has an old mother without updates and no sense from a new chip,
but even if it is, again it is better to take him 3060 and not 2070, just because of this technology

L
Listoman 15.01.21

They are fully compatible, even if insert it on a board with pci-e 1.0)

L
Listoman 15.01.21

AnPei
AND sam the difference at the level of error)

H
Hellhound_Anger 15.01.21

Podvipodvertov
there is no difference! Hear no one! especially the first vidos with painted numbers. these "testers" manage to get an increase with a video card clogged in 100%. do not believe the drawn numbers of the no-names, double-check. I will also say for 2.0 vs 3.0, cough cough, cat cried the difference. put it down calmly and play! The funniest question is - where would there be a difference ?! at the speeds already available. you STE, video memory is needed and a good protsik from Intel, with an operative in 32 gubons and frequencies of at least 3600 CL14, al L16! And you will have a minimum of delay in games and a maximum of fepees. I will say so, sho amuda with 4.0 and so merges Intel, which is quietly sitting with 3.0! Oh, and escho! Amuda has a wildly hot southbridge! Especially under stress. and you need an entot 4.0 to work, al the truncated ryx with the 8.0 bus! forget it short.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Hellhound_Anger
There is a difference and it always has! If it hadn't been, they wouldn't have issued cards at all. In recent games, 10% difference with RTX3090.

H
Hellhound_Anger 29.01.21

X_ray_83 wrote:
There is a difference and it has always been!
Seriously? Trust the testers, without at least some intelligible explanation, on different motherboards (when it switches in the bius), with different load of the proc and even frequencies. And, cough cough, the orgy of 4k and 1080p, with the OC postscript and 99% loading of the video, I finally keep quiet. Asus B450 F and B550 E! And the most interesting question is that everyone has a level of error, and the entogo already has 10% !! Yokarany babay .... stood out. And finally, who will tell me the difference with 2.0 and 3.0
Spoiler
“For applications in which data is constantly transferred over the PCI-Express (post-production & video editing) bus, we see that the difference in throughput between generations really has a very tangible effect on real performance. <Programs in which data is transmitted only through PCIe before and after long calculations did not see such a difference>. This, che cough, digressions to loading data from disk, let it be known to you, will be loaded as you move in the game (in the terrain), and not constantly, and their loading is stretched out in time with priorities. everything else is a minor miscalculation of the behavior of objects.
And the cherry on the cake !!! And here's the FPS:
The amount of data transferred over the PCIe bus is fairly constant - per frame. Thus, if the video card can run at a higher FPS due to the lower resolution, more traffic is going through the PCIe bus. How did he get the bigger boost in 4k?
"So, even if the next generation graphics cards significantly increase performance, we won't see a huge difference in PCIe requirements because you won't be using these 1080p graphics cards". Finally, in conclusion:
<If you look at the results of individual games, the impact of PCIe limited bandwidth varies greatly. Some games, like Shadow of the Tomb Raider, barely show any tangible differences, while games like Rage 2 and Wolfenstein rely much more on PCI-Express bandwidth. "it rather depends on how the game developer decides to implement his game and how much data they copy from the CPU to the GPU or even back.> I hear you very carefully which games, with what fps and under what conditions ... everywhere the same result?
How to reveal fakes !!!

l
legusor 29.01.21

everything will rise normally. take 3060ti.

L
Liakceii 22.02.21

Hellhound_Anger wrote:
Asus B450 F
I have a practically the same board and it has an interesting feature: when installing m.2 in one of the slots, it shares the bandwidth with the Vidyuhi slot. those. in this case, we get PCI-e 3.0 x8 instead of x16: (which disk is used in this case is unknown and this also casts doubt on the experiment.
By the way, against this background I will ask my question: PCI-e 3.0 x8 will be equivalent to PCI-e 2.0 x16 ? at the moment I'm using GTX1060 and I have exactly PCI-e 3.0 x8, so I think if it will make sense someday to change the video adapter, say, to 3060 TI.

d
diohas-Glavtekhnoshakhter 23.03.21

AnPei
but this difference is not even if there is no emphasis on video memory