3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21 07:11 pm

RAM leaks in patch 1.1.1 (Assassin's Creed: Valhalla)

In the game, all 16 gig memory flies away after that it freezes or crashes. This is with closed applications and browser.
34 Comments
Sort by:
Z
Zendin 25.01.21

swap file increase

g
gennaz 25.01.21

SkrepcheZaVR
This simply cannot be, the maximum uses RAM 8.4 GB and 6.1 GB of video memory at maximum settings.
Spoiler

Z
Zendin 25.01.21

gennaz
try to run msi afterburner and there you will see how much memory there is, at first I have from 13g and reaches 20

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

Zendin
That's just the point, put the swap 4 gig, the flight immediately at startup, the 8-10 gig crash after a while, while the ozu in monitoring from 9 to 15 swells. And at the choice of the system, the swap file finally swelled up to 27 gig. This is not a joke. So the memory * leaks somewhere *

Z
Zendin 25.01.21

SkrepcheZaVR this
problem many have put down from 5g to 12g for pumping, for 2 hours of play it rests at 19.5-19.8

Z
Zendin 25.01.21

I wonder if we deliver up to 32g RAM, will the problem go away or not

M
Marsj 25.01.21

According to tests, if there are 8, 16, 32 GB, the game requires 8-9 GB.

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

Marsj,
as it were, yes, the game itself at 16 consumes 8 RAM, the dispatcher indicates but in fact with the system, with swap files and xs with something else (how modern games work with a swap file, a secret covered in darkness) all 16 gig is clogged. And this is not 2 hours in the game, but up to 1 hour!

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

Maybe manually set memory timings make the RAM work like that, xs

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

Zendin
always installed a fixed swap file

Z
Zendin 25.01.21

SkrepcheZaVR
I have memory in the drain, I think the problem is in the game itself, in the next topic, too, many people complain about memory leaks, but increasing the paging file helped me a little, although the FPS falls but not so critical 20-30, right now from 55-60 up to 37-45

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

VOVAN WOLFovich
Knowing for sure that the display of the virtual machine in the Afterburner does not correspond to reality. And in simple terms, she is lying. This has already been said by many. So it's not recommended to include it there. Everything that you described in games is just inadequate monitoring.

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

And Anno is finally known for her voraciousness to memory. 4-6 hours of play and everything is blown out, and with the growth of buildings, FPS falls!

M
Marsj 25.01.21

Put the paging file at the choice of the system, the paging file is generated by the availability of RAM.

g
gennaz 25.01.21

VOVAN WOLFovich
But I got to 30 gigs once.
In your words, 64 GB of RAM is now the norm?

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

A man came with 32 RAM and let's be smart that 16 is not enough. Nothing is small if it did not flow away to nowhere. It would be better to tell how much swap is needed for all these games of open worlds since I am so knowledgeable.

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

Marsj
but somehow it does not form correctly, a lot, 16-27 gig is it finally how? For example, a friend has a choice and consumes up to 3 gig, in heavy games!

d
dilat 25.01.21

With 16 GB it is normally played for several hours

S
SkrepcheZaVR 25.01.21

dilat
What happens then? Should be played for at least 2 hours at least 10 hours in a row normally!

d
dilat 25.01.21

SkrepcheZaVR
Then I go to eat, read the forums ...