3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dr.Kostet 25.01.21 07:11 pm

Technical dissonances of the world of Cyberpunk 2077 (Cyberpunk 2077)

The year is 2077. This is not so far from our time, but also not close, given the speed of scientific and technological progress in recent decades. It is clear that the ENT game is based on the board game of the 80s of the last century, that the game's universe spun off from ours even earlier, but still:
- There is an electromagnetic weapon in the game. As I understand it, these are small railguns, where the projectiles are accelerated by a powerful electromagnetic field. To create a field of such a voltage, a breakthrough in energy is required, so it is logical to assume that high-capacity small-sized batteries were invented and used. However, most of the cars in the game seem to be equipped with internal combustion engines (engine sound, exhaust pipes). Engine sound simulation is still used in electric vehicles, but why simulate CO exhaust?
- In the world of Cyberpunk anti-gravity clearly exists (although there was an article on a flash drive that the theory of gravity was never developed). Artificial gravity is present on space stations, since when using centrifugal force to create attraction, the architecture of the stations must be different. Antigravity is used in the work of the violet implant "hardened ankles". And how does the giant crap fly with billboards, spotlights and a giant jet nozzle in the back? A pair of such devices is lying in a landfill, they are welded from thick metal shields and fittings and it is impossible to imagine that these are airships. And at the cosmodrome, on the launch pad, there is a booster rocket of a type quite appropriate to our time with solid or liquid propellants. And the avi are jet-powered.
- The game uses super-strong materials to create clothes (I assume something like fiber from nanocarbon tubes, it sometimes slips in the descriptions). But why then these materials are used for shorts, T-shirts and caps, but not used in the same cars that are destroyed by a couple of bursts of PP?

I understand that this is just a game, but if anyone has any thoughts on this, write if there is nothing to do).
30 Comments
Sort by:
R
Ricch 25.01.21

Why did you get to the bottom of the game conventions. You can easily get to the bottom of any film, any game about the future, if you want, you don't need to dig a lot for this.

v
vatsonification 25.01.21

Dr.Kostet
In general, everything depends on the capabilities of the developers. But if you try to explain this with the help of the lore of the game, then you must take into account that there were wars, and somehow they influenced technical progress.

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Dr. Kostet wrote:
However, most of the cars in the game seem to be equipped with internal combustion engines,
they run on alcohol, so the wiki says

P
Protocol10 25.01.21

I have a dissonance - there are practically no parked cars in the city, which is nonsense for a metropolis of the future, you walk down the street and there is nothing in the distance - not a single parked car, some kind of game. And people on the street move very strangely and go around each other like robots. I am already silent about the physics of cars and motorcycles.

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Protocol10
can have parking lots like the Japs

P
Protocol10 25.01.21

pekabir
Even if they were like the Japs, all the same during the day the roadside would be clogged with wheelbarrows.

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Protocol10
Well, what do you want from impotent witchers? in a metropolis with megatowers, a maximum of 15 people in the frame. Yes, in Samara, in the sleeping areas, more people stagger the streets. and there is nowhere to stick the car, everyone parks their buckets on the lawns

D
Dr.Kostet 25.01.21

Ricch
To be honest, the giant jet airships that bothered me the most. My imagination cannot yet come up with an adequate explanation for them. If you're not lazy, try to come up with). When it comes to the distant future (500-1000 years and more), then you can make big discounts, but we are talking about half a century, give or
take.

P
Protocol10 25.01.21

bakabir

Well that's the point, yes. Maybe there is a cool plot, but without a high-quality, believable world, you don't want to delve into it. Then it was necessary to moderate ambitions and follow the deus ex path with transitions between small locations, and not make a cardboard metropolis.

D
Dr.Kostet 25.01.21

pekabir
pekabir
An alcohol engine is also an internal combustion engine.

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Protocol10
you, witches would make a stench about this. nimagli how to do it in gtasanyandres! fucking stupid, shit !!

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Dr. Kostet
can't be. I just answered the question of what the buckets work on

M
MunchkiN 616 25.01.21

for the railgun, an alternative is superconductors operating at outdoor temperatures. or + precise control of the magnetic field and its geometry, then less energy is needed but still a lot.
As for the shape of the station, I don't know what it looks like, but it doesn't have to be round or a capsule on the cable. it can be of any shape, the main thing is that it has something in its interior that is spinning from the center of mass, everything else that should be spinning in the other direction and not at the same speed. therefore, it is possible to close up a large station in the shape of a suitcase and in it a thin quick ring can be closed up so that there is a little life there. I had such a hooligan idea - what if the downforce is repaired thanks to the circulating air flow like in a wind tunnel, because the astronaut needs the nervous system so that he can move from the reactions to the support, the rest he can pump up in the rocking chair. however, this may not work in practice, and there is all a special aerodynamic nada to do so that the external shape of the station may not matter.
they are welded from thick metal shields and fittings and it is impossible to imagine that these are airships.
this can be vacuum airships with thermonuclear engines everything is simple

D
Dr.Kostet 25.01.21

vatsonification
The lack of parked cars and the behavior of AI rests against the developers' capabilities. And flying megahrenoviny hardly devour a lot of resources. How do they fly? Did you drive up to see them up close?

D
Dr.Kostet 25.01.21

MunchkiN 616
How the "Crystal Palace" station looks like can be seen on the commercials and in one of the endings. Also, in the ending for "Arasaku", no rotation of your module is visible through the windows, but gravity is present. By the way, combat drones do not fly on propellers either, and purple leg implants, too.

L
Listoman 25.01.21

pekabir
This happened due to the limitations of iron, if there were more of everything in the frame, then the game would be pulled only by 1% of iron, and at least on the pre-tops you can play with relative comfort)

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Listoman come
on flog the game. there is a mod that multiplies traffic and buratin. quite stable (it does not get worse from it to the cyber fire) works

L
Listoman 25.01.21

pekabir
Esesno, since the AI ​​of the crowd is at 0, and the spawn range of the crowd with traffic remains poor)

p
pekabir 25.01.21

Listoman
yes, that's a fact. humans despawn at every turn of the head

R
Radamel Falcao 01.02.21

Protocol10
Strange dissonance. Because I have cars parked, where 20 vehicles are needed