3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
D
Dr.Kostet 25.01.21 07:11 pm

Technical dissonances of the world of Cyberpunk 2077 (Cyberpunk 2077)

The year is 2077. This is not so far from our time, but also not close, given the speed of scientific and technological progress in recent decades. It is clear that the ENT game is based on the board game of the 80s of the last century, that the game's universe spun off from ours even earlier, but still:
- There is an electromagnetic weapon in the game. As I understand it, these are small railguns, where the projectiles are accelerated by a powerful electromagnetic field. To create a field of such a voltage, a breakthrough in energy is required, so it is logical to assume that high-capacity small-sized batteries were invented and used. However, most of the cars in the game seem to be equipped with internal combustion engines (engine sound, exhaust pipes). Engine sound simulation is still used in electric vehicles, but why simulate CO exhaust?
- In the world of Cyberpunk anti-gravity clearly exists (although there was an article on a flash drive that the theory of gravity was never developed). Artificial gravity is present on space stations, since when using centrifugal force to create attraction, the architecture of the stations must be different. Antigravity is used in the work of the violet implant "hardened ankles". And how does the giant crap fly with billboards, spotlights and a giant jet nozzle in the back? A pair of such devices is lying in a landfill, they are welded from thick metal shields and fittings and it is impossible to imagine that these are airships. And at the cosmodrome, on the launch pad, there is a booster rocket of a type quite appropriate to our time with solid or liquid propellants. And the avi are jet-powered.
- The game uses super-strong materials to create clothes (I assume something like fiber from nanocarbon tubes, it sometimes slips in the descriptions). But why then these materials are used for shorts, T-shirts and caps, but not used in the same cars that are destroyed by a couple of bursts of PP?

I understand that this is just a game, but if anyone has any thoughts on this, write if there is nothing to do).
30 Comments
Sort by:
L
Lopatin Pavel 01.02.21

How it all began, and why did the developers still release the coolest game in 2020 and possibly 2021. It's time to take stock! https://tii.ai/l259yH3

D
Denis g 01.02.21

Honestly, this "game" has so many problems that you don't even want to get to the bottom of such trifles, and even more so to understand them.
Although the fact that many were surprised by the absence of something really futuristic on the streets of the cardboard metropolis, this, apparently, is again the same notorious "high expectations of the players." A couple of light illuminations, soda machines and buckets from the 80s on the roads - this, in the opinion of the developers, is a picture of the metropolis of the future. Moreover, the latter are so few that one can reasonably decide that they have remained from the 80s, and these are just the last that are on the go. Boston is in the fourth folch and it looks more cyberpunk.
I understand, now there are a lot of "experts" on the cyberpunk setting, and everyone is vying with each other to shout that this is such a "dark world", but, damn it, if you want to see the dark cyberpunk city - welcome to Utulek from Deus Ex Mankind Divided. Night City does not emit gloom, but dampness and deshman. And this is fucking different things.

R
Radamel Falcao 29.09.21

Dr. Kostet
I remember reading somewhere that Elon Musk wanted to make an artificial attraction at the future Martian station by digging in huge copper coils to create a magnetic field. It's like an option that something similar is used at the station in the game.

y
yura190454 29.09.21

Radamel Falcao
How will a magnetic field create a gravitational field? Or will everyone walk around in shoes with iron soles to magnetise them to the floor? Didn't get the idea.

M
MunchkiN 616 29.09.21

Radamel Falcao
from the letters, I would suggest that we are talking about a magnetic field to protect the houses from any radiation,
but it is easier and safer to just dig a normal bunker to cement it and live there and ride robots.

R
Radamel Falcao 07.10.21

yura190454 the
concept of creating artificial gravity is based on the fact that all substances are in one way or another diametric, therefore, when an external magnetic field is applied to bodies, all bodies will be pushed out of a constant magnetic field. From areas with increased density to areas with reduced magnetic field density. Thus, a conventional cylinder around which the Thomson coil is wound but with a variable winding pitch will simulate the action of gravity.

R
Radamel Falcao 07.10.21

MunchkiN 616
above answered. The bunker will not create gravity. Muscles will atrophy, bones will break easily if left unattended for a long time.

M
MunchkiN 616 07.10.21

Radamel Falcao
do not know where this is said, but when trying to create a semblance of gravity in this way, the following problems will arise:
heating. it can be solved or reduced by replacing it with gold or over wiring.
a lot of energy is needed
, parasitic currents are possible on the gradient of the potential of magnetic fields. in other words, all objects there will be positively or negatively charged, including a person, the
size and smoothness of the inductive field,
how different materials will feel there ...
you can imagine some kind of thermonuclear crap in which the plasma is held for several seconds and this is still the maximum. and MRI, which are quite powerful, but a person is nowhere to be pushed out because there is hydrogen in the main sausage and these things are on liquid helium.
if you add, of course, more energy to a certain extent, then gravity can probably be created, but most likely any mother will evaporate from this. so it's not for humans yet.
so it is a very dubious, extremely expensive and it is not clear what the project is for. on Mars there is gravity and it is enough, plus a person will have to walk on the planet in a heavy spacesuit. if this is an argument that in a few generations it will be difficult for people from Mars to return to earth ... well, like a bake. there is not such a problem as, for example, the astronauts hanging in orbit or flying somewhere who do not have support on their feet and gravity as such.

R
Radamel Falcao 07.10.21

MunchkiN 616
Heating? Yes, Mars itself is a huge freezer. -63 degrees. Plus, how do you cool transformers, including huge ones? Oil, heat dissipation grille and fans if necessary. If you go under the 750kvolt line, then something no "parasitic currents" is felt or observed.

M
MunchkiN 616 07.10.21

Radamel Falcao
If you pass under the 750kvolt line, then something no "parasitic currents" is felt or observed.
I'm not sure if the power lines have a significant magnetic field. but there is a certain theoretical power after which it will begin to strike with lightning due to the electrical conductivity of the air. but in this case it is not about him and not such a problem.
Immediately, I literally need to understand some kind of coils so that the magnetic field literally imprints me on the floor to compensate for the earthly life. and a rather large field, because if you look at any magnetic levitation, it is centimeters and millimeters. so I think it’s not about kilowatts. finally not really imagine the configuration of such a field.
nada like that to calculate how much energy is needed for this. I like that figured out how much nada nada energy to make mass without mass for gravity in a spaceship at the expense of pomerons in to. there must be something less grandiose, but still some at the limit of a person's technical capabilities.
it would be interesting to link to such a project. My Peka imagination draws such a long Khrushchev somewhere deep in the ground in a kilometer-long concrete sarcophagus-foundation and there, on the sides, majestic coils the size of a Cheops pyramid work on a constant inductive field. and on the surface there is such a forest of nuclear reactors that feed the whole thing and hefty multi-kilometer infrared radiators or something else that dump heat from the system through some kind of multiphase circuit and there are such a hundred marsines getting high that they do not have to pull dumbbells every day and can fall apart on the sofa.