3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
S
Speede 26.01.21 12:23 am

DX9 VS DX10 (Devil May Cry 4)

Actually, who can post screenshots.
Is there a difference at all?
I'm just too lazy to put Vista and compare.
91 Comments
Sort by:
D
DimaX 26.01.21

It seems like they already said that DX9 and DX10 versions of DMC4 are no different, except in lighting and performance. However, the difference is not significant.
This is what I personally know. I myself have no way to compare yet.

N
NeonCarbon 26.01.21

The differences are almost the same as in Assassin: that is, they are no longer visual, but, so to speak, "software", which affects primarily performance!

q
qualme 26.01.21

In what direction does it affect performance? In the AC, for example, the DX10 version worked much slower, I drive DMC4 under the tenth, I did not even look at the ninth. It would be interesting to look at the screenshots of the first boss under 9 and 10 DX, but it's too lazy to do them yourself)

R
ReservoirDOG 26.01.21

qualme
do you play ten?
I gamble on a nine, everything is at max and 8 quix anti-aliasing from af16, let's agree on what moment to take a picture and then put it here

q
qualme 26.01.21

ReservoirDOG, okay, I'll come home from work - I'll make a couple of screenshots and post it.

S
Silent Hill 764 26.01.21

Here .... I made 2 screenshots .... on DH9 and DH10 all settings for max

DIRECTX9
pix.PlayGround.ru
DIRECTX10
pix.PlayGround.ru

T
TPyn 26.01.21

Are as different as the two sides of a soccer ball

D
DGAF 26.01.21

Yes, the difference is almost zero. If you look at the screenshots, the foliage looks better on DIRECTX10, and even then you still need to take a closer look. In short, there is no difference.

S
Silent Hill 764 26.01.21

DGAF

Well done for noticing =) I thought no one would see it!

T
Tahakaro2 26.01.21

In general, the only difference between 10m and 9m DirectX is that when loading, you do not need to wait for the pack, a little white stripe zapolnitsa ..........
so to speak Games For Windows. And if you remember, Lost Planet has the same problem ...
still promote Nuno Vista) that's all)

b
betrez 26.01.21

Silent Hill 764, there is a difference ... take a close look at the tower.

D
DGAF 26.01.21

betrez for the life of me I see nothing on the tower.

K
Kantrik 26.01.21

Of course, it is difficult to discern the difference from the screenshots, but recently I had a whist, with directix 10 and yesterday I installed XP 9 directix, so this is what offended me, some textures are simply smeared, or smeared textures turn into real current after 3 seconds, and on whist all at once real textures, and the effects are very different

d
dClam 26.01.21

Not everyone has Vista hardware.

D
DGAF 26.01.21

Dark_Nero Purely for whist, almost all hardware is suitable, BUT the combination of whist + games is definitely not any hardware.

d
dClam 26.01.21

DGAF Only very good hardware is suitable for maximum settings.

M
M_A_K 26.01.21

everything flies at 10 direct and maximum settings, but it's hard to play without a joystick

f
famelin 26.01.21

Is there a difference in special effects (smoke, rain, sword strikes ..)?

K
KOMATO3HNK 26.01.21

Yes, I don't see much difference either.

R
RadeonX1950 26.01.21

2Kantrik, I agree with you. Today I compared the screenshots with dx9 and dx10 and noticed that the foliage is more clearly drawn, other small details. Feels like the picture becomes smoother in dx10 (judging by the videos on the engine)
2Tahakaro2 "when loading, you do not need to wait for the pack, a little white stripe back .........."
Yes, there is such a thing.
Ps: At the speed, changing dx9 to dx10 did not affect me IMHO (the difference is not noticeable)
By the way, can someone look at the config file (on Vista it is in Documents-AppData-Local-Capcom-DevilMayCry4)? This file contains FULL graphics settings:
HDR - by default Low, Medium when setting max. quality, if you prescribe HIGH - the picture will improve, but the speed can seriously decrease
Also there you can "enable / disable" NormalMapping, DepthTexture, MotionBlur (For owners of weak machines)
But there is one line there: FurQuality = NONE I can not figure out what it activates (and how to activate it)