3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
a
agula98 29.01.21 01:27 am

Game Impression (The Medium)

The game is out in an hour, share your opinions
23 Comments
Sort by:
S
Spyder-man 19.08.21

By the way, I did not write about high-quality cinematography and English voice acting.
in my opinion the strongest game in this regard that I know.
and the script, on the contrary, is bad, there are a lot of inconsistencies, nonsense, misunderstanding of what the screenwriter is writing about, contradicts itself.
the gameplay is also completely undeveloped, you just walk in dark places and that.
monsters and muck - boring and disgusting.
paranormality and the ability of a medium - interesting, and it was necessary to develop this topic.
the graphics are realistic and rich in details, 20 points out of 10. The
idea was interesting, interesting presentation, but the scriptwriter got lost and went into the abstract.
the slogan of the game should be - "the scriptwriter went into the abstract", and not "it all started with a dead girl."
and also - "lost screenwriter", and also - "find a screenwriter", well, etc.

L
LeonKay 28.10.21

I really liked the game, the plot, the implementation ... But, especially the soundtrack. He's just GORGEOUS!

A
Anderby 11.04.22

The Medium on PS5.

Again, the only thing that brought me to this game was its next-gen status. Right before the passage, I was not lucky enough to recognize the developer studio, Bloober Team. These guys are known for their murky under-quests like the Observer.
The game looks good, but soap in motion is ubiquitous, it's Unreal. When biting the chains, they evaporate before our eyes, the power of the next gene is immediately felt. Someone branded this game as the heir to Silent Hill 2. My God, SH as a series rotted, burned and was mixed with dirt 10 years ago. And then they piled on top. Be afraid when the Poles make the heir to the Japanese masterpiece. I doubt that the authors of The Medium even knew what exactly SH2 was about. We repeated a couple of scenes from the beginning of the game (no further than the hotel) one to one and that's it. The main character comments on everything and it is very confusing, leaving no room for conjecture and reflection. The division of the world is almost never used and almost insignificant, it's stupidly clickbait for trailers. The riddles are the most banal and not particularly logical (at one point the heroine needs to run around the location, find gasoline and a lever to open the gate below her height, despite the fact that surrealism in this game and does not smell). The gameplay in general is sparse, the attached camera only gets in the way - the heroin cuts circles and pokes into corners like in Resident Evil 1996. They wanted to make a game according to the old canons with an attached camera, and they did it - there were a lot of such unplayable scanty games at one time. And yes, there are no monsters here, monsters are either part of the cutscene or part of the puzzle. McGlynn and Yamaoka were somehow blackmailed into writing three unremarkable songs that play in the last fifteen minutes. Among the advantages, I can note the use of DualSense capabilities to the fullest. They wanted to make a game according to the old canons with an attached camera, and they did it - there were a lot of such unplayable scanty games at one time. And yes, there are no monsters here, monsters are either part of the cutscene or part of the puzzle. McGlynn and Yamaoka were somehow blackmailed into writing three unremarkable songs that play in the last fifteen minutes. Among the advantages, I can note the use of DualSense capabilities to the fullest. They wanted to make a game according to the old canons with an attached camera, and they did it - there were a lot of such unplayable scanty games at one time. And yes, there are no monsters here, monsters are either part of the cutscene or part of the puzzle. McGlynn and Yamaoka were somehow blackmailed into writing three unremarkable songs that play in the last fifteen minutes. Among the advantages, I can note the use of DualSense capabilities to the fullest.
Spoiler