3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
P
Protocol10 29.01.21 01:28 am

HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4?

HDMI 2.1 or DP 1.4? What's your best experience for connecting a 4k HDR monitor / tv to a pc?
61 Comments
Sort by:
X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Protocol10
Better than HDMI 2.1 because the sound is better and can be connected to an audio receiver and there is also support for Ethernet.
There is practically no DP on TV, so you can forget about TV right away.

w
william1992 29.01.21

Protocol10
If Monique s G-syncosm, then dp naturally

P
Protocol10 29.01.21

X_ray_83
Thanks, I'll try HDMI today. For some reason, DP doesn't want to work with HDR. Dull colors in games.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Protocol10
Only HDMI 2.1 support unfortunately the latest cards like RTX3080 or RX6800XT! Should be adjusted if the colors are dull or the Dysplayport cable does not support HDR.
Everything is complicated here: you need an HDMI 2.1 and DP 1.4 cable as well as a monitor / TV and, accordingly, RTX3080 / RX6800.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Protocol10
Also look for the length to be up to 1.5 meters, now they are mainly sold at 0.5-1m.

S
SPR1GGAN 29.01.21

Protocol10
asked the same question, specifically I was not impressed by hertsovka at 165 Hz, according to the test settings, everything is turned on and works, the smoothness increased after 60, but there is no direct "fuck how I lived before", although everyone on YouTube responds like this, so I sat for half a year

yesterday went and bought a displayport and about a MIRACLE!
SpoilerNothing has changed
so there is no difference

G
Gefor_sik 29.01.21

Protocol10
Both connections are good, everything here rests on the brightness of the monitor, and in all games hdr works differently, in some it is excellent and the picture is just gorgeous, in some through 1 place, the most buzz is in the headlights edge 5 and above and the assassin creed odyssey (those games in which I myself have personally tried, and I liked the result) connected via display port gtx 1080ti.

P
Protocol10 29.01.21

X_ray_83
I have 2080, it seems like it should display HDR too

P
Protocol10 29.01.21

Gefor_sik
Thank you. As I understand it, in HDR, not just the brightness should increase, but there should be a very smooth transition between colors, between dark and white. And I only see in myself that the screen seems to have become brighter, but the colors themselves have all faded, and in games the same way. That is, it feels like HDR shouldn't work that way.

M
Marsj 29.01.21

Differences between DisplayPort and HDMI - DisplayPort has a mechanism to securely lock the plug into the socket, that's it. Versions increase data throughput. HDMI 2.1 up to 48 Gbps, DisplayPort 1.4 up to 25.92 Gbps, while DisplayPort 2.0 is already 77.37 Gbps.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Protocol10
No HDR + adds effects to movies and, logically, to games using Horizon Zero Dawn as an
example.For example, in the Mad Max movie, a bright sun and rays from it appear, as well as the effect of a starry bright sky, etc.

P
Protocol10 29.01.21

X_ray_83

Well, there are no such effects. Therefore, I think that it does not work correctly.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Protocol10
There may be a problem in the settings and you need to set Rec. 2020 and instead of RGB 4: 4: 4 put YCBCR 4: 4: 4.
Since HDR all the same came from TV sets can come from RGB troubles.
In any case, Monique must be able to use 10-bit color, otherwise all this is not the same.

L
Listoman 29.01.21

And how can you compare hdmi 2.1, which only recently appeared and is almost nowhere to be found?)

M
MunchkiN 616 29.01.21

Protocol10 wrote: there
should be a very smooth transition between colors, between dark and white
for this you need a 64-bit render and a corresponding monitor for 48 bit chroma without alpha
normal AFD that is now supported by games 10-bit so I understand per channel and there in extra +2 bits sit settings over bright. But as I understand it, the color format of the transmission is not full, with these bits, so that in the end we get all kinds of game. in theory, cdr can shift the color range and this is a separate topic and in short it is rather bad, it all depends on the motors and application settings.
well, the monitors themselves are very bright that the letters in my eyes were burned out and remained there. had to reduce the brightness by 60%
in theory, then this brightness and fix it without adapting the eyes of high ranges so that the frame is dark and the solar crown in games and all sorts of vampire headlights burned out. and infrared so that it still shines like a heater would be cool. you approach the stalkers by the fire and warm up from the monitor.

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
So there are Sony TVs, or your village is not selling ???

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83
I can see straight, a lot of people ran to change their old TVs for the useless hdmi 2.1) The
same is with dp 1.4, which is needed only for 4k 144Hz monics)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
Well, I ran because of the type for PS5 and HDMI 2.1, the price is acceptable from $ 800 for a TV from Sony. People will not bother to take immediately over HDMI 2.1 and full support for Playstation5.

L
Listoman 29.01.21

X_ray_83
And why should a wretched curling iron hdmi 2.1, if this squalor can never choose to dance even 4k 60 fps?)

X
X_ray_83 29.01.21

Listoman
So DevilMayCry 5 already supports 120fps mode, and then what is needed is not clear !? )))