3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
k
klju6kin 01.02.21 12:34 pm

[Spoilers] Discussing the ending of the game (The Medium)

Actually passed the igrulina. And ...
SPOILER QUESTIONS
1. Who do you think Marianne shot at?
2. Daddy (Thomas) is still alive, or is it his spirit draped from the sanatorium after the credits?
3. What did he do with Marianne during the argument after talking in front of the mirror (flash of light, fell, woke up at the stairs to the forest path)? Perhaps possessed by her body?
So many questions and so few answers ... Eh ...
13 Comments
Sort by:
G
GuyverDark 01.02.21

klju6kin
... and without half a liter you can't make out. Or as they say - do not torture yourself, in the afterlife - this will not be needed. :)

l
legusor 01.02.21

at whom the marina shot, we will not know until the release of the DLC or the sequel, or maybe we will not know at all.
before the shot, Marina pumped and learned, like her dad, to move her physical body from the real world to the afterlife.
Father Thomas, who is from the real world, found a way to move to the afterlife in order to find himself-spirit to solve the main problem, where he is at the moment of the scene after the credits.

k
klju6kin 01.02.21

legusor
Here! Thanks for the info, at least something cleared up! ;)

S
SmILe0nly 08.02.21

A question related to the plot. Anyone after finding the Bolt Cutter but before entering the Dayroom. Walked and opened the door (the grate, as far as I remember there was also a chain) behind the reception, where was the flashlight?

k
klju6kin 08.02.21

SmILe0nly I
opened it, I don't remember exactly what is there, in my opinion, a note or a creepy drawing (something from this).

D
Domovoy161rus 08.02.21

Well, judging by how the background in the game menu changed (from the real world, to the afterlife), after the passage, we can say for sure that Marianne moved into the world of spirits, but how, already the question, either she died, or she moved herself, as her father did Thomas!

A
Alex_2021 16.02.21

I would like to believe that to be continued. But it is possible that the continuation was not envisaged, and such a "mysterious" ending is designed to build many theories based on many clues. This technique was often used in Hollywood.

c
canteexnik 16.02.21

The developers did not have enough imagination to make a normal ending

S
SkyraX 12.03.21

Marianne shot Lily, you can understand something about this, who played carefully

S
Spyder-man 05.04.21

Guys no ending. That is, the outcome of the game and the outcome of the ending itself, it is not. Anyone could shoot anyone and anything. (There are still some "they" Thomas were looking for, by the way, if you remember)
The ending is very interesting, successful at the beginning, but there is no final result. Maybe they left it for the second part, but for me this is meaninglessness of the whole game and a tremendous minus.

klju6kin wrote:
2. Batyanya (Thomas) is still alive, or is it his spirit draped from the sanatorium after the credits?
3. What did he do with Marianne during the argument after talking at the mirror (a flash of light, fell, woke up at the stairs to the forest path)? Perhaps possessed by her body?
2. According to the spirit of Thomas, he is dead (he no longer feels him, as he told Marianna before throwing her out into the street), but the developers, you yourself understand, will be able to explain without any problems that he is actually alive, etc. ... if a sequel comes out.
3. I just threw it wherever I wanted. Otherwise, he would not have persuaded her.
legusor wrote:
father-Thomas, who is from the real world, found a way to move to the afterlife in order to find himself-spirit to solve the main problem, where he is at the moment of the scene after the credits.
This was not the case in the plot. Of course, the developers can come up with something like that, but so far it turns out that at the end, after the credits, this is the spirit of Thomas, who was always there. And Thomas's watch, which he picked up in the afterlife, and Marianne, who picked it up in the real world, confirm that Thomas seems to be dead.

S
Spyder-man 09.11.21

I was joking about Marianne picking up Thomas's watch.
As for inconsistencies and problems with the script, I have never seen anything like this, so much and so rude, too lazy to write a list, it is long and needs to be explained.

N
NYPeterP 04.05.22

SkyraX
Stop... Explain! Show!!!

N
NYPeterP 04.05.22

Spyder-man
He went for his half. In the notes, Thomas said that he had found a way and that either both would return, or neither would return. He, then, came out, and Marianne shot someone ... Yes, I would also like holistic stories, and not these global franchise plans, damn it)