3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
y
yustas 01.02.21 12:39 pm

Upgrade office laptop

Hello! Need advice on upgrading your laptop. In general, in the office I have a laptop (i5-3210m 2.5 ghz, geforce gt-640m, DDR4- 4GB). And of course, first of all, it is used for its intended purpose: for games :). Moreover, it is impossible to change it to a more modern one, but it will be possible to upgrade on the sly. And that's the question, if I install an 8 GB RAM, will this greatly affect its performance in games (for example, in percentage)? And if you install a 128 GB SSD under the system in an additional slot for a hard drive, will there be a result? In short, is it worth bothering at all or the effect of such an upgrade will be scanty in comparison with the financial costs.
9 Comments
Sort by:
b
bazilews 01.02.21

yustas
Of course, adding memory and installing ssd will improve the situation, but you have a rather weak video card on your laptop ...
Although, depending on what games you play ...

d
dilat 01.02.21

yustas
Not worth it, just spend money in vain if the goal is to increase the pads

K
KIBERMAX 01.02.21

yustas
All you need is either to buy a normal stationary computer, or a modern gaming laptop, and installing an SSD will only speed up the loading of the system and games, it will not affect the fps in any way, the vidyaha on this laptop is too outdated if you are going to play new items.

l
legusor 01.02.21

the effect of such an upgrade is scanty compared to the financial costs.

S
SPR1GGAN 01.02.21

yustas wrote: if you have
DDR4
DDR3
if 1 memory stick is soldered or installed, then the second will turn on two channels and the FPS upnet
if there were friezes in the games when the swap file was chopped up, then an additional die will remove this
SSD problem, just add convenience in use, speed up the system boot and games every 3 times

but it all depends on what you play

y
yustas 01.02.21

Thanks for the advice! Well, let's say I play a strategy like Total Var. Total war medieval 2, Napoleon, shogun 2 with the maximum number of units and low settings pulls with a bang. But already from Rome 2 and further it slows down. So, will the increase in RAM allow me to play TW Rome 2 or Warhammer? I don't need graphics and effects.

S
SPR1GGAN 01.02.21

yustas, the
number of units is loaded with a percentage, if the timing is reduced in memory or by frequency, it could be a little bit up due to this percentage, but it is unlikely that an increase in RAM is possible

M
MunchkiN 616 01.02.21

yustas
I think not. because I rested on my pitch at 8GB and 650m 1GB graphically and then very noticeably in the processor and regretted that I was greedy and did not take the laptop with i7,
therefore, in short, on the laptop it is supposed to play a sapper with a kerchief and all sorts of Cossacks and work as an entertainer. and Rome and Warhammer are the most triangular for the processor at ultra settings, though. what is there on low does not interest me particularly. And I somehow wanted to put Gothic 3 on the laptop and found that it was about 5 fps.

S
Subaru MotorSports 08.02.21

yustas
May be easier to use cloud gaming.