3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liakceii 08.02.21 12:46 pm

Curse 25 frames. (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Hello. I will try to be brief. There are 3 video cards PECH275 PECH550ti and PECH1060 (6GB). I passed the second witcher at 275 and 550 in "under" fullHD resolution at the highest settings. and if the 275 handled 20-25 shots tightly and justified the name, warming up to 100 Celsius! before 550 it was about 10% more productive and twice as cold.
But now time has passed, and I passed the THIRD witcher at 1060, with a resolution of 3440x1440, at the maximum mood, even with hair on the armpits! FPS 35-45 depends on the terrain, with drawdowns up to 30!
At the same time, the same 550 third pulled at medium-high in a resolution of 13 ** x75 * (a little more just HD)

Vod decided to try the second witch, and what was my surprise when at maximum settings at 3440x1440 (by the way, UWHD does not work, on the sides of the strip, so the actual resolution is less) I got 25-35 FPS
I understand the optimization is bad, but damn it , the third half as voracious comes out or what? then why doesn't 550 take it out? little memory ... hmm .. it seems to me somewhere else a dog is buried. the latest version of the game. Now I'm downloading 1.3 but I don't think it can solve the problem.
23 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 08.02.21

Liakceii
Liakceii wrote:
... I understand the optimization is bad, but damn it, the third half as voracious is it? ...
Multithreaded optimization for the processor in the game is bad - the engine does not know how to distribute the load and more often "hammers" into one core. Because of this, there may be an incomplete loading of the video card and, as a consequence, a low frame rate. Especially if you enable "Outrageous quality" in the settings.
Spoiler part
3 with multithreading works better, hence fewer problems.

Try to record a video, displaying loads on a complete set with all CPU cores / threads separately (MSI Afterburner, etc.), upload it to YouTube and insert a link here - let's see how the system is loaded. Preferably with an additional screenshot of the graphical settings.

L
Liakceii 08.02.21

SonyK_2 wrote:
Multi-threaded optimization for the processor in the game is bad - the engine does not know how to distribute the load and more often "hammers" into one core. Because of this, there may be an incomplete loading of the video card and, as a consequence, a low frame rate. Especially if you enable "Outrageous quality" in the settings.
Spoiler part

3 with multithreading works better, hence fewer problems.

Try to record a video, displaying loads on a complete set with all CPU cores / threads separately (MSI Afterburner, etc.), upload it to YouTube and insert a link here - let's see how the system is loaded. Preferably with an additional screenshot of the graphical settings.
Thank you. I tried to monitor the resources - the video card load was 98-99%. I'll fill in the video later.

S
SonyK_2 08.02.21

Liakceii
Liakceii wrote:
... I tried to monitor the resources - the load of the video card is 98-99% ...
When the load at this level is almost constant (does not sag) - the performance is limited by the video card. If you are not satisfied with the frame rate, lower the graphic settings. I already wrote about "Outrageous quality", if the performance is poor, turn it off first.

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.02.21

Liakceii
It would be nice to watch a video with full monitoring in the overlay and settings
Like this here:

S
SonyK_2 08.02.21

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
It would be nice to watch a video with full monitoring in the overlay and settings ... This is how it is here
Approximately it is, but there is not enough load on individual processor cores / threads. Overall CPU utilization is good, but if there is a "swotting" in one core, it will not be noticed.

L
Lex-one 08.02.21

Um, on ultras this is a normal fps.
At 60-80 goes to 2080ti.

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.02.21

SonyK_2
I found old screenshots (Phenom II x4 940 + 570GTX). He does not hammer into one core:
Spoiler

S
SonyK_2 08.02.21

Denis Kyokushin
Denis Kyokushin wrote:
I found old screenshots ... It doesn’t fit into one core.
The "out-of- bounds " was turned on, don't you remember? Like on the 588th I tried to test with her and was indignant like: "why the old game on the new video card does not pull", was that?

L
Lex-one 08.02.21

Liakceii
SonyK_2
Denis Kyokushin
I have checked on 2080ti now.
Spoiler

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.02.21

SonyK_2
SonyK_2 wrote:
There "out-of- bounds " was turned on, don't you remember?
570GTX does not pull beyond the limit. Ea RX588 is turned on, the video shows the same
SonyK_2 wrote:
It seems that on the 588th I tried to test with it and was indignant like: "why the old game on the new video card does not pull", was that?
I don’t remember about it, but at 1066 the game goes better than on the RX588. The Witcher 2 is imprisoned under the invisibility of

Lex-one.
Kick, at 2080Ti FPS falls below 50. Try to turn off the streams and start the game in Flotzeme. I will give access to saves if there are none and too lazy to go through:
Spoilerhttps: //cloud.mail.ru/public/YDsu/AvSvgcpGA

L
Liakceii 08.02.21

Lex-one
The fact is that we get such a paradox with the resolution:
GTX550ti: The
Witcher 2 ultra settings HD resolution - +/- 30 frames The
Witcher 3 medium-high HD resolution - +/- 30 frames
GTX1060 6GB: The
Witcher 2 ultra settings 2560x1440 resolution - +/- 30 frames The
Witcher 3 Ultra settings !! 3440x1440 resolution - +/- 40 frames !! how so?

In HD, it is clearly felt that the Witcher 3 is heavier than the second, while in "3K" UWHD, on the contrary !?

And so the settings:
Spoiler

Video The second witcher is at the maximum:

But the third: The

frames drop a little when you write a video, but not the point, It still does not fall below 30, despite the fact that the resolution is higher, and the game is more demanding!

L
Liakceii 08.02.21

SonyK_2
It's more of a sporting interest. Why 3 witcher, at a higher resolution, produces more frames than the second)

L
Lex-one 08.02.21

Liakceii Prots
in the second does not take out, which can be seen on the download, you can see in my example that my frame drops to 44-45 frames. In Witcher 3, all 200 will be quietly received.

M
MunchkiN 616 08.02.21

I remember starting to pass it on a 9650 or what such 4 GHz and 4870x2 in 800x600 robotic in general normally 30fps gave out.
then I replaced the card with 690zhth the Witcher 2 went at high resolutions 1600x1200, but I found that the processor did not pull. at 4870x2, due to the emphasis on it, it wasn’t zometrical, and since the resolution became larger, I could not write 30fps video through the processor.
then I all the same came back and interrogated the game with amd fx 6100 overclocked from the hooper transport, since it has 2 more cores and, as it were, in some places the card could produce 120fps in full and in some places it was like a bunch, but in any case it turned out that the professor did not pull the record full cd so I had to play 1600x900
From all this, I made a conclusion that in short the witcher uses doubled fps for some of his cache and, as it were, 60fps is a pitch of 120 + fps, taking into account the fact that it is still possible to rewrite the frame, what to spend. and in 1 stream it does not seem to be hammering. and in order to load 690 to 30fps, I threw in a shorter drawing range and resolution of the shadow like and where the chapter with the king of helsing began, the card screamed so that there is a fps according to the quadratic law. most likely this quality was conceived so that the game was played in full HD on a good processor and multi GPU of that time. but the Witcher 3 feels a bit more demanding in terms of pitch.

U
Uebato 08.02.21

SonyK_2
Sorry, couldn’t you tell me in more detail about the effect of the processor in 4k resolution, otherwise I’m absolutely stupid

D
Denis Kyokushin 08.02.21

Liakceii
Liakceii wrote: The
Witcher 3 Ultra Settings !! 3440x1440 resolution - +/- 40 frames !! how so?
And you here are not hanging noodles on anyone's ears?
Timing 9:55

L
Liakceii 08.02.21

Denis Kyokushin
I don't have 4K, in 4K - 25 frames come out. I vidyuhu with 3 witcher flooded the same .. yes in some places it sinks to 30, and in some places it rises to 60, but it's still higher than in the second, which works at a lower resolution.
Lex-one
Perhaps, by the way, I tested 550ti on i5-2 *** which I don't remember already. Although vidyuha, mostly loaded? Or not an indicator?

S
SonyK_2 16.02.21

Liakceii
Liakceii wrote:
... but it's still higher than in the second one, which works at a lower resolution ...
* Lower resolution - more load on the processor due to the larger number of frames that it must prepare for rendering them video card.
* Higher resolution - more load on vidyuhu and less on processor, due to fewer frames.

But the engine of the 2nd part does not load the CPU normally, the emphasis is on a large load of a small number of cores / threads. Because of this, the overall performance will depend on the single-threaded performance of the processor - how much each core can deliver to the maximum. To put it simply, in such games, a 5 GHz CPU with fewer cores will perform better than a 3 GHz CPU with a higher one.

L
Liakceii 16.02.21

SonyK_2
Yes, I understand what you mean, it's still a little strange)) oh, I didn't want to take the fermented baked milk, bought the price)) Well, okay, thank you all for your attention, my problem. Until recently, I hoped that the problem was in the installation curve)

L
Liakceii 16.02.21

Well, judging by all the reviews that I looked, the second one is really worse optimized)