3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
L
Liakceii 08.02.21 12:46 pm

Curse 25 frames. (The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings)

Hello. I will try to be brief. There are 3 video cards PECH275 PECH550ti and PECH1060 (6GB). I passed the second witcher at 275 and 550 in "under" fullHD resolution at the highest settings. and if the 275 handled 20-25 shots tightly and justified the name, warming up to 100 Celsius! before 550 it was about 10% more productive and twice as cold.
But now time has passed, and I passed the THIRD witcher at 1060, with a resolution of 3440x1440, at the maximum mood, even with hair on the armpits! FPS 35-45 depends on the terrain, with drawdowns up to 30!
At the same time, the same 550 third pulled at medium-high in a resolution of 13 ** x75 * (a little more just HD)

Vod decided to try the second witch, and what was my surprise when at maximum settings at 3440x1440 (by the way, UWHD does not work, on the sides of the strip, so the actual resolution is less) I got 25-35 FPS
I understand the optimization is bad, but damn it , the third half as voracious comes out or what? then why doesn't 550 take it out? little memory ... hmm .. it seems to me somewhere else a dog is buried. the latest version of the game. Now I'm downloading 1.3 but I don't think it can solve the problem.
23 Comments
Sort by:
S
SonyK_2 16.02.21

Liakceii
Liakceii wrote:
... judging by all the reviews I've looked, the second one is really worse optimized.
It's just older. This is not only a problem of the 2nd Witcher - the older the games, the less "designed" for newer hardware. At that time there were no "home" processors with a large number of cores / threads, games were made for those that were available.

L
Liakceii 16.02.21

SonyK_2
And worked differently with permission. I noticed that -3 does not react so strongly with a decrease in performance to high resolutions. And the 2nd in FullHD works great, even with the dinosaur GTX275

D
Denis Kyokushin 25.10.22

Tested the limit on the Ryzen 5 3600X:

There is no swotting into one core