3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
B
Breakwater 08.02.21 01:29 pm

How did the realization of your own mortality come to you?

I suddenly became interested.
At what age and under what circumstances did you realize that you are mortal, that your life is finite, that these eyes with which you look at the world around you, trust the same ordinary character, like all those that you see in front of you, and not at all the Navel Earth, around which the Universe revolves, and for the sake of which this World was created? And how did you feel? What did you think when you realized that your personality ... it just won't be there and you can't do anything about it?
And please be more serious.
91 Comments
Sort by:
A
Angelica Karimova 08.02.21

7-8 years old. Yes, dad did not understand my questions: D

A
A.Soldier of Light 08.02.21

And do you remember exactly what exactly at 7-8 years old? I have no idea when ... Apparently, it is not so important that the Moscow thinks it necessary to remember such a moment.

how did you feel? What did they think about when they realized that your personality ...
If the question was about how I was born (and I didn't like the answer, by the way) ... but the question, alas, is not about that :)

you can't do anything with what to do?
Despite the fact that people are dying, this is not a reason to believe that one hundred percent I will die too))) After all, there is only one way to find out for sure, but then I won't care: D

A
Angelica Karimova 08.02.21

mosk considered it necessary
If the question was

mosk considered

^ _ ^

H
Hameln Pied Piper 08.02.21

no, though I am a Christian. but I believe in the triumph of science, the gene code will be deciphered, nanotechnology and man will conquer death, I hope to still catch it.

B
Breakwater 08.02.21

Well, at that moment, in childhood, when you realized the inevitability of your jump into this black void, did you think so too?

A
A.Soldier of Light 08.02.21

No, although I am a Christian. But I believe in the triumph of science The
answer is "no" to what question?

M
Merkava 08.02.21

Where 7 years old, I was sick - I watched TV, about animals. There was a moment with the natural death of a European boar. That day I realized that it would be the same with me.

H

Miraluk. Soldier the
answer is no, I do not want to die, even though death is possibly the highest degree of freedom, which no one can take away, I believe in the eternity of the human soul, but I don’t want death. Such a paradox.

H
Hrip 08.02.21

Hameln is right. I doubt that it came to many here. Yes, we are all going to die and we know it. But this realization comes in old age. As animals, realizing that they are dying, the time has come, they lie down and wait for death, or they stomp into the valley of death, for whom. A person, in the modern world, seems to have lost this feeling a little, everyone, even in their 80-1000000, lacks something, they want more. In general, the awareness of death, a natural natural mechanism ... But, it is awareness, not knowledge ...

B
Breakwater 08.02.21

Hameln-Pied Piper is
not the question. few people want to die. The question is, do you remember the moment in childhood when you realized that you were going to die? What did you feel then, what did you think about? How did you try to overcome your fear? And did he try?

B
Bad tom 08.02.21

At the age of 14, a dog died, she was dying for about a month, it was impossible to look into her eyes without tears (I cannot convey in words, but I saw death in the eyes of a dog with whom I lived for 8 years). Oh, about the world. Once in the center of the city, standing on the main square, where life boils like a pot of potatoes, this whole anthill made me think: what will change if I am not in this place? Everything will also be lights, streets, metro, crowds, traffic lights, houses, only without me, then there is solid philosophy.

B
Breakwater 08.02.21

Hrip everyone had a moment in childhood when they realized that they were not immortal, and that their time was limited. Of course, then you think that this is still a long way off that your whole life is ahead, but still, a terrible fear rolls over when you realize it. This is not the same as being 80 years old to realize that death is near. This is different.

H

The question is, do you remember the moment in childhood when you realized that you were going to die? What did you feel then, what did you think about? How did you try to overcome your fear? And did I try? -I can't talk on this topic anymore, it's too difficult for me, enjoy every moment of life and don't bother, although I'm a goth, I don't like talking about death.

B
Breakwater 08.02.21

understandably

A
Alex04444 08.02.21

I realized that I was mortal in grade 5 when I was sick with pneumonia. Then I was very scared. And now I want to die. It's just the situation.

H
Hrip 08.02.21

So I don’t remember .... very, very early in my childhood, I already realized that I would die too. I did not feel any fear about this. Like a mosquito on my forehead, I understood that my fate would come sooner or later ... And he was also alive, it was even a pity, but it hurts, you bastard). I remember only when I was 3-4 years old I heard on TV, back in the USSR, something about the United States and nuclear missiles, I did not understand, or my parents frightened me on purpose, I could not sleep all night, I thought the Americans would shy away with a nuclear missile)) Honestly .. ...

C
Cvoxalury 08.02.21

But it never came to me)
Despite a number of dangerous incidents that happened to me at different times.

N
Nihiliant 08.02.21

I do not know.

D
DiLouk 08.02.21

At 6 years old. The circumstances are too personal.

C
Cvoxalury 08.02.21

Something you all realize early on about mortality ... and how is life going on?