3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
X
Xerus13 08.02.21 07:31 pm

Crashes on Windows 7 (Cyberpunk 2077)

The computer fully meets the minimum requirements, the video card driver is the latter. As the name implies, the game crashes periodically. To your desktop, without any error messages. Everything hangs, only forced shutdown helps. Previously, departures occurred randomly, maybe 15 minutes after the start of the game, maybe after a few hours. However, they are now starting to occur in the same places. First - here (I’ll say right away, the game is not mine, I just made screenshots of the video walkthrough just to show where the bug exactly occurs):
Spoiler
There was a repack from the khatab, I installed the rip version of GOG (if I’m not mistaken, 1.1). It helped. Now the bug happens around here:
Spoiler
But not at the same time. It happens, it flies when he just starts to press it against the wall, it happens as in the screenshot (at the latest).
I noticed that in both cases the controlled character interacts with mirrors. I tried to turn off reflections - it didn't help.
Tell me what to do.

I say right away: switching to Windows 10 is NOT an OPTION. Don't even offer.
29 Comments
Sort by:
v
van dorin 08.02.21

Xerus13
And what processor?

PS I am not presenting anything, it’s just, perhaps, the developers are guided by optimization for the current OS, so such problems with crashes may exist.

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

van dorin
Intel Core i5 9400F 2.9 GHz

v
van dorin 08.02.21

Xerus13
Hmm. The processor definitely has nothing to do with it. On the second computer, on the same stone (only without the locked video core), the game starts and plays comfortably without crashes.

Could it be a pirate repack? If possible, try to buy a license, transfer the save from pirate to it, and see if it crashes or not.

If the issue is resolved, then perhaps this is the case.

If not, the game can be turned back, the main thing is to play it for no more than 2 hours.

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

van dorin
There is no possibility to buy a license. Otherwise, I wouldn't be playing pirate.
And even more so, I tried different repacks

b
bloomm 08.02.21

9400 means on a 300 chipset and on 7 =) are you saving memory or what? =)

WIn 10 bet there will be no crashes, no crashes, all those games that run on win 7 calmly start on 10k including the very old 90s, even super capricious games like gears of war 1 bioshok etc. start like clockwork, there is not a single one argument in favor of win 7 if the computer is not a bucket at all.

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

bloomm
I have already said that I will not install Windows 10. As if if another person writes to me "Put ten", then I will suddenly change my mind.
I understand perfectly well that it will be better for games, I agree with that, only about "there is not a single argument in favor of win 7" you are wrong. If it really wasn't, I wouldn't stay on it. I've used Windows 10, and it's so inconvenient that words can't describe it. So an argument like "Yes, you just try, you will like it" or "You just didn't try" will not work, because I know perfectly well what I will deal with in this case.

K
KIBERMAX 08.02.21

Xerus13
I have been on the 10th since 2015, from the moment it appeared, I also thought some kind of tediousness, but I'm sitting, and everything is fine, stable, and convenient, so sooner or later I'll have to go to 10, and why bother to give arguments to the adept not to update the wasps, and perhaps the hardware, if you have a problem with this game, well, forget it, and play other games that work fine on 7, if Directx 12 is also implemented on 7 for certain games, it works through crutches and is very limited for the system.

v
valsid 08.02.21

for 7 (license) goes without problems (incentive license)

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

KIBERMAX
Just superb damn advice! Just don't play, damn it ... Or maybe I want to go through this particular game? You would also suggest that I refuse to use Windows, since I don’t want to go to the top ten, and windows 7 is so bad compared to it

. Now contact ALL THOSE who suggest switching to Windows 10. Do you think I would not have thought of it myself? I don’t want to switch to Win 10 and that's it. Why - I wrote earlier. Don't you think that I AM ASKING A QUESTION ON THE FORUM that I want to find ANOTHER way to solve the problem?

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

valsid
What OS version, hardware?

v
valsid 08.02.21

Xerus13
home extended i7 4970, 1070, 16

R
Real slim shady 08.02.21

Try to banally lower the graphics settings to zero, turn off vertical sync, start the game in windowed mode without frames, then try with a frame, but it is better to try first to lower the settings to a minimum, if everything goes well, you can return the settings to their original good quality, maybe this is from -for the mirrors, because after the update it lagged for me too, but did not fly out

W
Whiskeyorigin 08.02.21

Xerus13 wrote: Moving
to Windows 10 is NOT AN OPTION. Don't even offer.
Then the only option is to play the game on YouTube

P
Protocol10 08.02.21

Xerus13
I say straight away : switching to Windows 10 is NOT an OPTION.

Buy a Mercedes and fill it with diesel fuel. Metaphor.

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

Real Slim Shady
ApMaJIuH
Unfortunately, it didn't help me, but thank you so much for really trying to help, unlike those who tried to persuade me to change to the top ten, despite my reluctance to do it.

But I still found a solution. It turns out that you just had to run the game in compatibility mode for Windwos 7!

S
SonyK_2 08.02.21

Xerus13
Xerus13 wrote:
... It turns out that you just had to run the game in compatibility mode with Windwos 7 ...
On 7, run the game with compatibility for 7? - brilliant! ...; D

f
forthius 08.02.21

Xerus13
Cyberpunk 2077 v1.11, under Windows 7 on Intel and nVidia with the latest drivers 461.40 for today, random crashes, more often screen fading. Lowering the picture quality and resolution does nothing. But if you apply this optimization https://www.playground.ru/cyberpunk_2077/file/cyberpunk_2077_obschaya_optimizatsiya_igry-1085998, then there are much less crashes. The developers themselves assure that they are working on optimizations for Windows 7. And yet the game has no protection and therefore the concept of pirate is relative, there are just packaged distribution options, but there are images of GOG, EGS, Steam. Chumba success!)))

X
Xerus13 08.02.21

forthius
Optimization is cool anyway, and I might put the file you gave me the link to, but the compatibility mode was enough for me to solve the problem. Moreover, not only departures in certain places disappeared, but also random ones.

D
DarthMuaddib 16.02.21

Xerus13
SUPER! VIN7 compatibility mode saved the day!
Passed into the second act, right now I will return all the moods to the maximum.

Z
Zentrus 28.02.21

forthius be
careful, spoilers
Since I started running Cyberpunk in compatibility mode, I did have a couple of random crashes, plus consistently crashed in Johnny's memories associated with Alt Cunningham. I put this patch, it worked.
Now I'm going over to another ending (not first). I pass the quest with the name, if I am not mistaken, "the sounds of music". Where Kerry revives the Samurai for 1 concert. There is a mirror in the moment where V hands over control of Johnny's body. Both the first and this walkthrough worked fine. However, during the concert itself, for some reason, no music was played, and I decided to boot. Again I pass the moment with the mirror, and the game starts to crash. I installed various patches available on this site, but it did not help. Have you had this problem and have any suggestions how to fix it?
I just don't want to create a new topic, the problem is almost the same, plus they will again start writing about the top ten instead of practical advice.