3 New Notifications

New Badge Earned
Get 1K upvotes on your post
Life choices of my cat
Earned 210

Drag Images here or Browse from your computer.

Trending Posts
Sorted by Newest First
A
Anderby 28.02.21 01:35 am

Final Fantasy VII Remake (Final Fantasy 7) impressions

11 Comments
Sort by:
A
Anderby 28.02.21

Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4. 200%.

Graphics are sometimes top. Typical Unreal Engine technical blur appears regularly, especially in "large spaces" and in battles. The abandonment of its own engine somewhat deprived the game of a sense of originality. The green filter is everywhere. The game contains CGI videos, which pleases (someone else makes them).
I'll start with the main thing. Despite the name, this is not a remake of Final Fantasy VII. So that's it. First, this is just Midgar, 15% of the original game. Second, the plot is different here. For this you need to go to jail, this is a "Grand Thief Gangster Andreas City" deception, only for tens of millions of dollars. However, they wrote about this for a very long time, and everyone somehow got used to it. The game should have been named Final Fantasy VII Remix-0.8.
For a long time, the game pretends to be a sweet fanservice remake. Many moments are recreated 1: 1, but with modern graphics and direction. Directing, by the way, and in general I don't like the whole idea - what kind of a way to take the classics that everyone loved the way they are and put them on a banal skeleton? They want to turn everything into an under-Devil May Cry, so that action, tactics, and a third-person view are a must. At first it seems that the game is desperately trying to tie the plots of Before Crisis (extended Avalanche), Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus (black feathers of Genesis) together, which is commendable, because these prequel sequels were sewn to the original with white thread. There are a lot of fillers (still, to stretch the travel time from 7-8 hours to 40-50), not bad, however. Almost all key scenes have been preserved, many additions have been added both to the location and to the plot. The atmosphere of the city is preserved, but not retro, in AC they used cell phones, here they used smartphones, but these are my quibbles. Lots of fan service. Buster Sword, Cloud's starting weapon, best sword. Characters survive almost everything. There is a lot of Sephiroth to the place and out of place. Zhenova from one of the projects turned into a central one. Mini-games from mini-games were turned into a tough challenge. We played interestingly against unusual opponents from the original (Hell House, Eligor, Swordipede).
Shit starts gradually and makes itself felt right from the opening credits. The "Whisperers" at first seem to be grounded, in the original there were almost the same "adherents of unity", but no, not at all. From the building of Shinra begins a trinash anime-schizophasia where you need to beat fate, will, the universe, and all space-time with a sword. Compulsory with organ music and tentacles. Iris now communicates directly with the writers (she is the Ancient) and can create any game, like Sephiroth. Cloud and Tifa have nothing to say to him, although they know him well and for a long time, unlike the flower girl from the slums. Sephiroth, after talking with the writers, scored all his plans and wanders back and forth for the fan service. Cloud in the finale cuts trains and helicopters, why do we then, one wonders, a few chapters back between the trains meandering and in the sewers they were looking for the keys to the doors if he could do that? The rest of the characters at once suddenly realize that they need to outrage the plot and become inadequate, do not ask questions, nothing. Zach in the past (which is now not the past and in general the PNKh) simply killed everyone, like that, he also apparently learned to reach helicopters with a sword. I feel better about Final Fantasy XIII than most Final Fantasy fans, but there this schizophasia was at the center of the setting and everything organically revolved around it. Here it is again a proprietary "ending from another game" technique, as in The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XV. Literally until the end, the game was on a solid 4/5. don't ask questions, nothing. Zach in the past (which is now not the past and in general the PNKh) simply killed everyone, like that, he also apparently learned to reach helicopters with a sword. I feel better about Final Fantasy XIII than most Final Fantasy fans, but there this schizophasia was at the center of the setting and everything organically revolved around it. Here it is again a proprietary "ending from another game" technique, as in The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XV. Literally until the end, the game was on a solid 4/5. don't ask questions, nothing. Zack in the past (which is now not the past and in general PNKh) simply killed everyone, like that, he also apparently learned to reach the helicopters with a sword. I feel better about Final Fantasy XIII than most Final Fantasy fans, but there this schizophasia was at the center of the setting and everything organically revolved around it. Here it is again a proprietary "ending from another game" technique, as in The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XV. Literally until the end, the game was on a solid 4/5. Here it is again a proprietary "ending from another game" technique, as in The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XV. Literally until the end, the game was on a solid 4/5. Here it is again a proprietary "ending from another game" technique, as in The 3rd Birthday, Final Fantasy Type-0, Final Fantasy XV. Literally until the end, the game was on a solid 4/5.
All this nonsense with parallel universes and time travel is needed to mercilessly squeeze money from the fanbase. Multiverse allows you to resurrect anyone, dress everyone in different suits, try on different roles for everyone. Any nonsense becomes a canon that can be embodied in figurines, comics, books, TV shows, films, anything that costs money. It's disgusting. I know that nobody works for free, but this is not a trick for creators, but for marketers. After this, in place of the once good plot, there remains a burnt smelly porridge that is not needed either by fans or by a new audience.
Combat and gameplay in general. This is no longer a jRPG, this is an action adventure game, even without an RPG. Bayonetta also has branches in locations, an encyclopedia, pumping, various weapons, but this is not an RPG, and so here. Everything is very linear, there are quests and open locations, but this is all purely for show. Action-packed combat is working, for the first time in the series since Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII. On the hard side, its disadvantages appear and it gets boring, it is clear that neither the tactics nor the action have been fully successful. Interrupts and stuns without statuses are especially enraging - elements that should have been prescribed somehow. And then some commands are not interrupted by some attacks, while others are not interrupted by others. There is a Stop status, it stops the character before the time expires, and there is just an unnamed stun that does the same thing, but it cannot be removed and it is not displayed at all in the interface. Bots without player control do not do anything at all, just have time to heal. Enemies often deliberately attack the controlled character. Again, this applies only to the most difficult battles where every second is important, that's why they are difficult. You may not even notice this during the campaign. The Summons fit into the gameplay normally, they just attack in the background (they don't launch a video with one powerful attack like in the original or XV and don't turn the battle into a mini-game like in XIII). Flying opponents enrage, for Cloud and Tifa it is corny to hit them and it does not depend on the player in any way. Party members cannot be changed, it is constantly limited to three specific characters under various pretexts, although in fact there is no point in this. this applies only to the most difficult battles where every second is important, that's why they are difficult. You may not even notice this during the campaign. The Summons fit well into the gameplay, they just attack in the background (they do not launch a video with one powerful attack as in the original or XV and do not turn the battle into a mini-game as in XIII). Flying opponents enrage, for Cloud and Tifa it is corny to hit them and it does not depend on the player in any way. Party members cannot be changed, it is constantly limited to three specific characters under various pretexts, although in fact there is no point in this. this applies only to the most difficult battles where every second is important, that's why they are difficult. You may not even notice this during the campaign. The Summons fit into the gameplay normally, they just attack in the background (they don't launch a video with one powerful attack like in the original or XV and don't turn the battle into a mini-game like in XIII). Flying opponents enrage, for Cloud and Tifa it is corny to hit them and it does not depend on the player in any way. Party members cannot be changed, it is constantly limited to three specific characters under various pretexts, although in fact there is no point in this. Flying opponents enrage, for Cloud and Tifa it is corny to hit them and it does not depend on the player in any way. Party members cannot be changed, it is constantly limited to three specific characters under various pretexts, although in fact there is no point in this. Flying opponents enrage, for Cloud and Tifa it is corny to hit them and it does not depend on the player in any way. Party members cannot be changed, it is constantly limited to three specific characters under various pretexts, although in fact there is no point in this.
I will separately mention the post-game. For 100% completion, the game requires you to complete it again on a hard difficulty level. On hard, all opponents become tougher, you cannot use items, restore magic, and super bosses are opened in the arena. Replaying is simply disgusting, all the linearity, all the wretchedness of the battle becomes immediately visible, and the fact that the cutscenes take more time than the gameplay (the second playthrough took me 22 hours, the first 48). Platinum requires collecting all 9 dresses in chapter 9 and 3 scenes in chapter 14. And this is just a form of torture, replaying entire chapters for such nonsense.

As a standalone Final Fantasy VII Remake game is great, it works, it keeps it up to the screen. But the changed plot and post-game spoil everything a lot. However, no one takes the original away from us, it is even on the PS4. This whole story reminds me of Rebuild of Evangelion - also a self-aware remake. It turned into one of the worst anime in history, Evangelion 3.0, by the way. With the release of the second part, Square Enix may save the day, but judging by the sales, it will not need it. Once again, reluctantly, I am convinced that the remakes are evil. The fans don't want a remake, they want to relive the same sensations, go back in time, which is not possible. Non-fans want to drive the original into their usual frames, not wanting to leave their cozy little world, so that there are fewer numbers, more action, less freedom and grafon, which in itself, firstly, is impossible, and secondly,
Spoiler

s
saa0891 09.01.22

Judging by the number of reviews, there were no bad ones to buy for more than 5 pieces.

C
Cl0udStrife 07.02.22

I'm not familiar with the original, but passed this game. Of course, the protagonist is some kind of eunuch with a gay appearance. The whole game of course .... mdaa .... I agree with the review above, such an anime trash festival is happening that ..... damn it, I don’t even know how to evaluate it except for the words "NON-BREDYATSKY". The game is only for 8 year olds, well, a maximum of 15 year olds. Yes, my nickname is cloud strife, but I just didn’t know what to write, because after passing I just laugh at all this creepfest, all these perfect girls, big eyes, BIG SWORDS with which the Japanese always compensate for their little pipirki, and even me I feel sorry for them, Lord, tie a brick to yourself, perform an operation, but you don’t need to shove healthy swords the size of a person into the game, do it adequately

A
Anderby 07.02.22

And here are the non-fans that I wrote about.

s
soul-7 14.02.22

Anderby
What does "non-fans" mean? are they ordinary people who just play games? So I went through the game, and I must say that the main characters in it are some kind of clinical idiots of the highest degree. Any team that I solve in the gameplay - they piss everything in the cutscene. For example, every time I overtake someone during the gameplay - they always miss him in the cutscene. They missed Rude on the platform, they missed Reno, they missed Dr. Hojo in the lab when they overtook him, and instead of tying him hand and foot, they stand and watch. Barret pointed the gun at him, and the doctor stood there, scratching his chin, and put his hand in his pocket and pressed the ALARM button. And he just ran towards the elevator! The whole trinity of heroes is standing like that and groaning "oh my god, what's going on, some enemies have woken up, oh my god, what should we do, OOH, OOH!! Barret, why are you twisting your head around, raise your gun and shoot the running man! He's running away right now! Why did you run after him the whole chapter?! Have you all stood up as if rooted to the spot??! What are you twisting around with your heads?! Your hostage is just running away from you, why are you up?! Cloud, you have a "focused lunge" - pierce this doctor in a split second, What are you looking at?! Are you surprised that the alarm started? And Nitsche, that it was necessary to twist this doctor so that he would not have time to throw out the focus? why does he just run away from under your guard towards the elevator and still laugh at the same time?!

Here, explain to me, non-fan, how to take this game seriously after such feints with your ears? why is everything in it done in an idiotic way? Why, when the batch starts - the main characters ALWAYS stupidly stand in their tracks, groan, gasp, wonder and stupidly observe ?! instead of taking your feet in your hands and running or shoot faster? Why is there some kind of trash in cutscenes throughout the whole game? I spent the whole game tense during the cutscenes, because it was always in my head "God, right now, these woodpeckers will screw everything up again."

Why is Cloud being haunted by some Vietnamese flashbacks throughout the game, he shrinks, clutches his head, but the whole team stands and watches, and then asks "are you all right?" Cloud says yes and everyone calms down. No, damn it, not everything is fine with him, are you blind or what? He has already shown you for the 50th time that something is happening to him and something is wrong. Stop and talk. Otherwise, why the hell do you need such a cat in a poke, it will turn off unexpectedly during the battle and that's it, the battle will be lost.
Where at least some adequacy coming from the characters? Where is the common sense of the characters? Where is the logic of the characters? Why don't the characters act like humans?!

And you say non-fans. If by "fans" you mean a synonym for the word "stupid", then yes, this game is for fans. And all the stupid ones are non-fans who really can’t digest this game. I am 29 years old, I have completed this game and I do not know how to evaluate this Japanese trash from the side of an adult. I have some questions in my head. But most of all, it's all this stupidity of the main characters that infuriates. Well, everything is completely unrealistic, well, in general, it's just indigestible

s
saa0891 03.04.22

If I had not played the original, I would naturally not have experienced such emotions, again, in order to immediately understand some points, it is definitely worth going through the original, if only simply because it is a great game.

FF7 is one of my favorite parts of the series, which I went through a bunch of times and wiped to holes, there are just so many interesting things done and mixed in it, starting from an awesome matter system with a bunch of cool combos, the ability to swim in a submarine (and also a small a strategy game with a naval battle is made, and there are more than one moment in the game where there are elements of a strategy, but it’s all done simply and primitively, but it’s very good for filling and diversifying the gameplay) and ending with crossing and breeding chocobos, again, this was done not just for fun (even the very crossing and breeding of chocobos is also a very interesting moment with its subtleties and gives a bunch of challenges, and when you finally have a golden chocobo your emotions go wild) and this has a practical meaning in order to get to inaccessible places where the most powerful matters lie,again, it will still be possible to participate in races and win prizes.

Music in the game is generally a separate issue.

Yesterday I finally downloaded a repack with a built-in localization (I would buy it with pleasure, but because of the inadequate price tag and the lack of localization, of course, I won’t do this, maybe later I’ll take it at a big discount, although now in this situation buying games raises many questions) and began to pass , to be honest, I was happy as a child, I haven’t experienced such emotions from the game for a long time (probably also because I almost didn’t watch any gameplay videos and always dreamed of seeing the original in full 3D with graphite), simply because almost everything is awesome here starting with music that copies the awesome tracks of the original but with a new arrangement and ending with locations that again evoke nostalgic feelings and a lot of memories, you really constantly stop and look at every detail and trifle.

Again, the characters are amazingly recreated, from the crazy Barret to the sinister Sephiroth, and what I like about the Japanese is that they put a huge bolt on the tolerant agenda and make the girls really sexy and with the right proportions, Tifa is just a f * s bomb, already looking only at her from the game you get a bunch of positive emotions, well, in general, the picture and the elaboration of details are very pleasing.

So far I've played a little, reached the slums and completed several quests there, maybe I won't like something further, but for now I'm completely delighted with the remake, the only thing I can complain about is that all the same locations are not as big as they were in the original, although I repeat, they are awesomely recreated, yes there are moments that differ from the original, something is missing, again there are no some scenes, but that's why this is a remake.

The keyboard layout just killed, although what to take from the Japanese, the big drawback is that some commands cannot be tied to mouse buttons, of course this can be done through a mouse program, but this is again crutches.

I will continue to slowly enjoy the game, then I will naturally supplement my post in all aspects, after sharing ala Ubisoft Ghostwire: Tokyo (I didn’t expect Tango Gameworks to rivet such rubbish, specifically upset) it’s just like a balm for the soul.

Spoiler

s
saa0891 05.05.22

Phew, it was amazing, this is probably one of the best remakes I've played, enjoyed every minute and every moment of the game.

The case when the developers gave 200%, really, I have not experienced so many emotions and impressions from the game for a long time.

Almost everything in the game is beautiful, and most importantly, it is filled with the spirit of the original, it's awesome starting from the music, in fact, all the tracks from the original are only naturally in a new arrangement, even in the menu on the initial screen, exactly the same music and the picture is the same.

Again, all the locations are made just awesome and convey the spirit of the original, a lot of different little things and gorgeous backdrops, yes of course there are changes, but this doesn’t spoil the impression in any way, I really just enjoyed every moment. each new scene, location and music try to revive the memories of the original as much as possible.

Characters, locations, enemies and the scene are drawn again for ten points, you just admire and look at every centimeter of the game, there are many elements that are not tightly fixed, they can be moved and this adds retroactivity.

Minigames are again very delivering, and most importantly, if you win, you get a useful bonus every time in the form of weapons, armor or matter.

In general, the game gave me the maximum number of impressions and, most importantly, nostalgic memories of the original.

Of course, there are some moments that I did not like, perhaps this is not very critical, but still spoiled the impression.

The first is about matter, compared to the original, it is much less, starting with samones and ending with matters such as morph when you could turn the enemy into some kind of useful thing and it was cool, the ability to use things up to 4 times, meteria enemy skills only four skills , this is some kind of bullshit

again, the matter of theft is as useless as the previous one. for the whole game, really useful things can only be stolen from three enemies, again, in the original, matter could be pumped and it caused damage, there were still a lot of different materials in the original, ultima, meteorite, etc., but the point is that in the remake this is much less, you can call samonov when a certain scale is filled and not for magic points as in the original.

It’s also very sad that with full pumping, matter is not divided as in the original, which of course was very upsetting, because, in the original, it was very cool from the point of view of the lore, and secondly, it was also useful. it was possible to get more matter, especially for very rare specimens.

Again, there are fewer weapons than in the original (although it’s cool that they added weapon upgrades), and most importantly, there are few weapons with six slots (yes, I know that if you play on hard, then the slots will be added, but again, you won’t choose a hack in the first place, but secondly, you can’t use things again on the yard, and again, I want to have all this on the first playthrough.

Again, I really didn’t like that some enemies and goodies are again only available on hard, I will naturally still be playing the game on hard, but such restrictions on the first pass are somewhat frustrating.In the
original, there was a weapon that allowed you to pump matter 2-3 times faster.

I was very upset that there were no bosses in the form of weapons (Ultimate Weapon,Ultimate Weapon,Emerald Weapon, etc.) at first it looked very cool and epic, again, according to the plot, this was also awesomely explained and it is no less important what kind of killing you are received again very cool buns in the form of weapons and matter.

Well, it’s also probably bad that you can’t return to already completed locations, but of course, after beating the game, you can choose chapters, but this is completely different.

The fact that they didn’t make an open world, I’m glad about it, because the developers eventually spent their time and resources as much as possible on working out closed locations, and they did it just awesome, I won’t stop repeating that I enjoyed every moment.

Perhaps there is also a slight imbalance with the balance, ordinary mobs are taken out with a half kick, but bosses can sometimes be picked for a very long time, and there are still not enough enemies on the locations, again it is very clearly seen that after passing the game a lot of matter is not pumped.
Of course, all these shortcomings can be discounted that this is only the first part of the remake and perhaps they will expand it all further, but I am writing my impressions of the first part.

The Japanese keyboard layout is, as always, for crabs, but at least it can be reassigned, but the fact that the mouse buttons cannot be bound for many commands is sad, I don’t understand what their problem is at all.

In general, I am very pleased with the game, I got the maximum of emotions, impressions and challenges, and most importantly nostalgic memories of the original, the game conveys this as much as possible from the music to the locations that are amazingly designed from the slums to Hojo's laboratory.

For me personally, this is a 10 out of 10 remake.

If I had an inadequate price tag, lack of localization and the current situation, I would have bought it with great pleasure, the case when you want to pay for a job well done. the toy brought you a ton of positive emotions and nostalgic memories.

And how cool that our teams made the localization very quickly, just a huge thank you, I have already donated many times, because thanks to such teams it is possible to enjoy the game in their native language, they also make great voiceovers.

Spoiler

i
insex 01.07.22

Normal game, I liked it, but short, 18 chapters in total, I would go through the same number)

J
Janekste 18.07.22

insex
You're wrong. Chapters are not 18, but 20. The addition with Yufi also needs to be taken into account. As many as 2 full-fledged chapters as a bonus, moreover, very informative and voluminous plot.

A
AlfaSpy 12.09.22

The whole game was waiting for me to leave midgard and go around the world, upgrade chocobos to gold, try to kill super monsters with 1+ million hp. But it wasn’t there, the game doesn’t end .... I wonder how they will make FF7-2, and marry the saves ....
Well, in general, I’m upset that the game was cut off.

s
soulfox 07.10.22

Haven't finished the whole game yet. I'm currently on chapter 9. But you can already form an opinion about the game.

This is a typical Japanese game with clichéd characters with characteristic distortions in the characters - just like in anime. And the plot is the same. Do not expect great thoughtfulness, much is far-fetched here, for the sake of the overall plot and the desire of the scriptwriters to push the plot rails in a certain direction. Therefore, there are just tons of illogicality here, the characters sometimes behave like clinical idiots. For a person aged 30+, all this is difficult to take seriously. Therefore, from the very beginning, I set myself up to perceive the game as light reading (especially since the original source also had these features) and not to find fault with all local oddities, but simply enjoy the process. And you know, in principle it turns out!

Visually, the game looks very good. Graphics, effects. Real-time combat with pauses for the use of techniques and items - these are the strengths of the game! Everything feels fresh and good.

The game constantly leads the player by the handle through the story, practically not allowing to step aside. This is not some kind of Skyrim or Fallout, in which you could score on the main quest and go travel around the world and at the same time you would always find something to do. There are few additional activities here, the game itself is rigidly divided into chapters, in each of which this additional material is scattered bit by bit. And the locations themselves are long, gut-shaped corridors. Alas.
You ask why then play it at all? Well... actually for the sake of the plot, yes. If you take it without a serious assessment, which is quite possible - well, it’s true, when you watch action movies, science fiction, you don’t really find fault with the conventions of the genre, such as bad guys always missing, firing machine guns at GG, or GG himself, repeatedly wounded, runs 100 meters and gives lyuli to the main villain, as if he had no wounds - so here.
In addition, the game has adequate direction. The game often takes awesome camera angles, the faces of the characters give out some kind of emotion, and in general, something is constantly happening on the screen. As if not a game, but an entertaining movie. The game definitely has something to praise.

Oh yes, what I don’t want to praise for is the interface and management. The first - it looks beautiful, pretentious, but confusing. Sometimes you don’t understand at all what line of the interface you are currently on. Several times I managed to load the game instead of saving. And in general, it is not very convenient. It looks nice, but it's inconvenient to use. Strange, but true.
As for the control - the keyboard / mouse is a pain. The Japanese are simply masters of doing shitty keyboard / mouse controls. They have talent. This cannot be taken away. I'm not even going to paint in detail, just take my word for it - pain management.